Hong Kong Phooey

ABC (ended 1976)

Hong Kong Phooey Fan Reviews (7)

• Okay so maybe they call him Henry in the already recorded versions but his name is Penry. Or is it????

Hong Kong Phooey is another one of my Hanna-Barbera favorites! This series is about a mild mannered janitor Penry who works at a police station commanded by Sergent Flint. When ever there is crime around Penry jumps into a file cabinet and comes out as Hanna-Barbera's number one super guy, Hong Kong Phooey who is a martial arts superhero! This show got 16 episodes in 1 Season. This show deserved more than 1 season and 16 episodes! I love this cartoon! I This was one of my all-time faves. This show was so funny and Scatman Crothers just has the best voice. I really wish that this show was still on. Or at least in a dvd set so I could get it. I think the younger generation would get a kick out of this show. Phooey and his cat Spot in the car. Way too funny.Loved when he would drive into the filecabinet. It was funnt how he would refer to his textbook, The Hong Kong book of Kung Fu. Just one of those great cartoons that you can sit and watch over and over again smiling the entire time. Truly a classic I need a collection.