Hope & Faith

ABC (ended 2006)

SrRui

Hope & Faith Fan Reviews (61)

• Hope and Faith was a great show about two sisters and their lives together. The two, Faith and Hope, were perfectly portrayed with Faith being the wild, spoiled former soap star and Hope being the conservative one.

Hope and Faith was a great show about two sisters and their lives together. The two, Faith and Hope, were perfectly portrayed with Faith being the wild, spoiled former soap star and Hope being the conservative one. Faith usually got Hope in some kind of trouble with her antics. Hope's husband, Charley, tried his best to keep out of the situations, but usually got dragged into them. Faith lived with them because she didn't have the soap opera show anymore and needed some money and a place to stay. After all the trouble, though. it always came down to the two sisters taking good care of each other. Great show!
  • A very good show that shows sisterhood.Please bring it back! I love this show as much as I love Friends and 24

A totally great show! Very funny , very cute , so great I laugh so hard from the pilot episode until the end of season 3. Please please pretty please bring it back! I would like to see Faith's relationship with the Gooch or Jay's relationship with Hope and Faith. And also the battle between Charlie and Faith continues.... This show is so great , so wonderfully made and I dare to say that this show is funnier than FRIENDS or Seinfeld. Please bring it back. Hope and Faith is the best show ever made by a person. I love this show forever and ever and ever. Even Hayley and Justin are as funny as crazy.
  • When Faith's career as an actress in Hollywood doesn't work out she is forced to move in with her sister Hope. Faith is having a hard time getting used to the fact that her everyday life isn't as glamorous as it used to be.

6.2
    I like the series but i'm not really a fan. I mean, sometimes the jokes crack me up but otherwise the show is just so predictable and boring. It feels like every single episode is the same and nothing really changes. The characters don't seem to grow and move on in their lives in any way throughout the seasons and you can't really tell while watching an episode if it's from season 1 or season 4. Every single episode revolves around the same. Faith screwing up and Hope having to help her out of her trouble. Though i really love Charlie's spiteful comments about Faith's childish behaviour and there are a few episodes that are really funny with many hilarious moments but that isn't enough. If i'm bored and "Hope & Faith" is on tv then i'm definitely going to watch it but otherwise...no.
  • Hilarious!

This is an excellent show, that I just recently discovered, and now I can't stop watching it! It's about a mother Hope, who has a husband Charlie, and three kids, Sydney, Haley, and Justin. Hope's celebrity sister, Faith, has to live with her after she is killed off of her show, much to the dismay of Charlie. On the other hand, the kids love her, especially Sydney. Hope loves her sister, but Faith's schemes might cause Hope to strangle her. I like all the characters, although I'd perfer that Sydney was always played by Nicole Paggi. She was much more suited for the role. This show is funny, Hope and Faith are very similar to Lucy and Ethel. I wish they didn't cancel this show, but atleast it had 3 great seasons!
  • Wonderful writing. Superb direction. Exquisite acting. This show has everything you could need in comedy

"HOPE & FAITH," in my opinion, is an absolute ABC classic! I haven't seen every episode, but I still enjoy it. There are many episodes that I enjoyed. One of them was where Hope (Kelly Ripa) got busted with Charlie (Ted McGinley). If you want to know why, you'll have to have seen it for yourself. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, even though new episodes can currently be seen, I strongly recommend you catch it just in case it goes off the air for good.
  • Hope Lived A Perfect Life In Ohio With Her Husband,Charlie,3 Children, Sydney,Hayley And Justin But All That Changed Now That Faith Is Here.

God, This Show Was Just So Funny! Every Episode Just Gets Better And Better,As Well As Funnier, But I Just LOVE The Relationship Between Hope And Faith, It's Just So Hilarious! One Minute, They Are Getting Along And The Next Minute They're Fighting! Absolutely Great Show, Especially When Charlie And 'The Gooch' Mess Around, It's Just Funny! You Can't Say It's Not Funny, 'Coz It Just Is! I Love Hope And Faith, And I Just Hope The Producers And Directors Keep Churning Out Top Classics Like These! I Love This Show, It's Great And It Gives You Something To Laugh About As Well.
  • I have to watch it every day. Such an addicting show.

Kelly Ripa and Faith Ford are the dynamic duo of sitcoms. Their role in Hope in Faith makes the show a classic. It has such a unique plot. The only problem I have with the show is with all the dirty jokes. But I guess that's expected and accepted for sitcoms. And the jokes are sometimes funny. The show is just so refreshing and stress relieving for me in the afternoon after a long day at school and track practice. I can sit down in my chair, watch Hope and Faith, and let my mind relax. It was such a great show. I wish that they hadn't cancelled it. But I'm glad for the re-runs on WE.
  • Non stop laughs!

It's so disapointing how undersppreciated Hope & Faith is. It was literally non stop laughs, no matter what the episode was actually about. It should have lasted longer and needs to be brought back. I dont even think they had enough time to do an end episode as they just sort of disapeared. At least there are reruns on now.
  • Fab

I love this show, it is just so totally fabulous. It's on abc1 all the time and its totally addicting! The characters are fabulous and Hope and Faith are so different from each other, there is loads of characters - Charlie, Sydney, Hayley, The Gooch, etc etc.There are really intresting and really believable story lines . The specials are absoulely fab as well, there was a wife swap one where Hope swapped with a bossy new yorker and it was one of the best episodes ever. My favourite episode though , os the fashion show one. So basically its a really great show and it was really sad to see it end!!
  • Kelly Ripa and Faith Ford in a sitcom together. WOW, Kelly Ripa can do it all. Soaps, Talk Shows and Sitcoms. An awesome sitcom that sadly didn't have a very long TV life, it deserved more seasons thatn just the three that it received. An instant classic!

A washed up soap star living with her sister. There's a great storyline. The writers of the show did a great job with the storylines in the show. The cast fit together. They took a risky move by changing a main cast member after the first season and it worked for them. Each episode made me want more and more. The cancellation came as a surprise. Kelly Ripa did an amazing job as Faith Fairfield as did Faith Ford as Hope Shinowski. This show had some amazing potential to go down in history as one of the greatest sitcoms to come from ABC, unfortunately it ended just 3 short years after it's premiere. No one knows, TV does some strange things and we may see Hope and Faith once again, apart from reruns.
  • An Excellent Show!!

Hope & Faith was a great show. I loved it!! I loved the characters of Hope & Faith-they were so funny!! Faith was always trying to get Hope to loosen up and have fun. Faith Ford & Kelly Ripa made a great team. I loved all the kids- (didn't like the 2nd Sydney) The first Sydney (Nicole Paggi) looked alot like Faith Ford. Poor Charley was always stuck in the middle. Justin was cute and funny. Almost always got roped into one of Aunt Faith's crazy schemes. And Hayley was the smart one. Hayley was so sweet and innocent. My favorite episode was the "Daytime Emmy Awards)first season. The only episode I didn't care for was Wife Swap (Second Season)
  • I saw a lot of bad comments, but mine is different.

I thrully can say that i really laugh at this show. It's funny, interesting and ORIGINAL(despite everything i've read). Faith Ford is just great. I remember her like Corky from Murphy Brown and i can say that she didn't lose her tuch to the comedy shows. Kelly Ripa makes the show even better and what can i say about Mr. Ted McGinley. He is great too. Well let there be other shows like that. About the originality i think that word exists in the show. I am very sad that is canceled but nothing i can do. Once again great show.
  • Did the script-writers get new jobs after this? I hope not...

I dont think Im going to waste anybodys time(including my own) writing a lenghty review of this piece of extraordinary crap, so Im just gonna lay out some words that justily describe my time spent watching Hope & Faith(five episodes including the one with Carmen Electra): Pain, horror, torture, retardation, boredom, fear, suicidal, disgust, confusion, disappointment, anger, terror and finally sorrow. I simply cant understand how this show has gotten a 7+ rating. The people that gave Hope & Faith more than 5/10 should seriously consider a complete phsycological evaluation. That the show finally got cancelled is one of my few reasons to believe in a higher force, be it commercial or transcendent.
  • used 2 be gud but gettin a bit S**T tho

Hope and Faith ...

Well this comedy is quite funny n always makes me laugh but its started 2 go down hill abit.

I still watch it sometimes but not as much as i used to i jus isit as funny as it used to be.

They are good actressess though dont get me wrong they act soo close too one another.

The way Hope acts around her children in the show actually makes it seem like their her children.

The way Faith makes everyone laugh and she is a try blonde and a dumb one at the very very dumb if you ask me.

But hey thats what makes people laugh.

Your sincerly Kandice ...
  • Good Show Goes Bad

I liked this show starting out. Ted McGinley was finally getting his due as an actor and was paired with Faith Ford, making them one of the most charming TV couples. Their children were the typical TV stereotypes: the self-centered daughter, the overly precocious boy and then the gifted daughter, charmingly played by Macey Cruthird, who really stood out. Kelly Ripa was then tossed in as the comic relief playing a washed up soap star without any knowldege of the real world, and that's where the series worked - with the real world clashing with her make-believe world. Ripa and Ford entered into some real Lucy-and-Ethel predicaments and mcGinley was losing his patience with his idiot sister-in-law, and that's where it should have stopped. Unfortunately, Ripa's character became dumber, and dumber, and dumber and then became so brain-damaged that she was hardly believable or tolerable. The second season took a horrible turn, dropping that wonderful theme and going for the horrible cartoon music. It seemed as if Ripa was demanding more and more plots around her, but as charming as she really was, her character was becoming extremely annoying and there was no sign of McGinley ever getting her out of his house.
  • Kelly should stick to daytime TV

I am glad this show was cancelled. It's beyond me how this jokey, bland kind of humor continues to thrive in television. I won't go into other examples, but you can probably guess the shows I'm thinking of. Kelly Ripa doing anyhting besides a talk show with a little man named Regis, is just wrong. Maybe she might do well if the scripts or other actors were funny around her, but by and large, she didn't work on the show. She was not believable as Hope's (Faith Ford's) sister. They looked nothing alike besides being blonde, and to that end-the show was all about Faith. And, as good as she thought she was, she couldn't carry a whole show.
  • Unoriginal, boring, and a complete waste of a good time slot.

What was that? Was ABC completely high when they put this junk on their schedule? I cannot believe they renewed it 3 times!?
    With all due respect to the fans of this show but it was totally unoriginal, boring, and simply not interesting to watch at all! For whatever reason it never made me laugh. Isn't this the job of every good sitcom? To entertain it's audience and make them laugh for 30 minutes, so they can relax and forget their everyday problems? Faith Ford used to be a very good actress, she needs to find a better show or movie for herself, she can definitely do much better than this!
  • I Absoulutly adore this show it is so good and Funny that I want to wacth New Episodes. Bring It Back ABC PLEASE!!!

This show is hilarious and I Aboultuly enjoy it.

The charecters are belivable and the Jokes are hilarious.

Kelly Ripa is a good actress and so is Faith Ford and also Ted Miginnley.

My Favorite Charecters are:
    Hope
    Faith
    Sydney(Hopes Daughter)
    The Gooch

This show was definitly under estimated and I want them to bring it back.

Some Of My Favorite Quotes are:
    Sydney:"I Don't speak Non-English,But If I were You I wouldent Start My Car Tonight"

The Gooch-"This Suitcase Is Heavy what do you have in here,a body".
    HOPE & FAITHS DAD:"Give Me Time".

So I would have to say that this show is so funny and awesome yet very underestimated and they should bring it back.
  • I love this show!!! It was cancelled...Why!!!

I don`t think this show should have been cancelled. I love it! Hope and Faith are hilarious. I love Kelly Ripa. I think she was so funny on the show! I love how their names were hope and faith.
    Anyways, I still watch all the re-runs, but it was cancelled so soon! In fact i didn`t even know it was cancelled until, like right now! It sucks so much! All these shows that I am just getting into are being cancelled! Arggh!
    Did this show get bad reviews or something...my question marks aren`t working by the way..they come out as this: É like what is that...
    Okay, back to the show. I don`t really know much about it, but I definitely wanted to see more of it!
  • I love this show so much

This show is amazing. I find myself laughing nonstop through the episodes. The show gets better every season and the storylines are awesome too. The actors fit their characters perfectly and no one else could have perfected them as good. This one of the shows that I can't live without since it is always on whenever I need a good laugh. They always manage to make the episode have a good meaning behind them too. In some episodes even if they are suposed to be serious there is always a bit of humor in them which makes the show even better.
  • funny.

7.9
    Hope and faith is a sitcom about a mother of three whos famous soapstar sister moves in with her after losing her jib. Hope and faith is hilarious most of the time but some episodes are really dull. Kelly rippa stars as faith and faith ford stars as hope. This tv show has quite unexpected storylins like hope going on wife swap so that faith can get a job and faith going to the daytime emmy awards. this show airs on abc.

overall: this show is really funny and will make you laugh at it a lot. (most of the time anyway)
  • This show is about two sisters. Hope is a married and she has 3 children. Faith is a washed up soap star who moves in with Hope. Hope's husband hates Faith. Faith always gets Hope and the rest of the family into trouble but Hope can never kick her out.

I love this show. Kelly is an awsome actress. Her character is my favorite. Faith is always getting Hope into trouble. Usually something unexpected and funny. I think Charlie is incredible for putting up with Faith. She took over his garage and she is taking over his life. I hope this show last a while. They definately shouldn't cancel this show. I do not know what I would do with out it. I would have nothing to watch. I look foward to seeing what kind of trouble Faith will get into every week. I can't wait to see how Hope will fix it. I love this show.
  • Unwatchable

1.7
    I tried to watch this show because ABC kept knocking Less Than Perfect off the schedule to show this dribble. I like Faith Ford, don't get the attraction to Kelly Ripa and found the show very unfunny. I guess they curry favor of Kelly Ripa because of her being on Regis' show in the morning but really does anyone other than a housewife find her likable or funny? The storylines always involved Kelly Ripa's character being a self-indulgent idiot and causing trouble for her uptight sister. Every character was a stereotype and none of it was believable. It wouldn't had been so bad if it weren't so lame and unfunny.
  • Very good show. Why did they cancel it??

Hope adn Faith is just one of those shows where you can come home from work and watch. ABC now has the worst shows, worse than any other stations. Kelly Ripa and Faith Ford are both talented and they deserve to be in another sitcom together. Don't cancel it!! Well, it's too late for that now, is it ABC? This was one of my favourite shows that nobody knew I watched.
  • Hope & Faith My favorite show.

I will really miss Hope & Faith. It was a funny and a family show. I enjoyed watching Kelly Ripa and her husband Mark Couselueos on the show. I thought the kids in the show were very funny. I just wish ABC could gave this show a another chance to shine. I won't forget this show.
  • i like kelly ripa

"Hope and Faith" is a comedy about what happens when the fast lane and the carpool lane collide.

Hope is a a down-to-earth, happily married mom of three in Columbus, Ohio that had her tidy world turned upside down by the arrival of her celebrity sister. Faith was living the high life in Hollywood as a daytime soap opera star until her soap's character, Ashley Storm, was suddenly killed off on "The Sacred and the Sinful" by her evil twin. After a year under her roof wreaking occasional havoc, Hope can attest that you can kill the diva off on the daytime drama.
  • This is my new favorite sitcom! Kelly cannot act any better.

Heres the story:Im from turkey and now i live here in US i watch the turkish version of this every week and i love it and now i love the original version Hope and Faith.Its totally a hilarious show!

I love Kelly she's my favorite the episode plots are always so funny with Kelly acting like a child and getting into messes sometimes.She rocks and the show too.I hope it last at least for another a year.This cannot get canceled.Its one of my new favorite shows.
  • Hope and faith is brilliant!! It is constantly funny and has brilliant characters and actors.

Faith Ford and Kelly Ripa are just excellent together, this show is hilarious. Every episode the find themselves in really embarising situations which leave everyone in stiches. Faith always gets the pair in trouble whilst hope trys to fix it.
  • How can Hope and Faith stay on the air??? It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just awful. The ONLY time I enjoy it is when Regis or Mark is going to be on. Other than that I refuse to watch but I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I think Kelly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s character is supposed to be that way but to me it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s just pain old over acting. And it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s so stupid too. Nothing funny about it at all. I always enjoy when Mark comes on or Regis. They both have great chemistry with her for sure.

The End
  • You should watch it.

Excellent show... I really enjoy watching the show. Kelly Rippa is my favorite actress and she plays her role perfectly. I personnally hope that Faith and Hope will be picked for next season. I also like watching the son on this program; he\'s so funny ... I\'m sure he\'ll one of the best actor someday. Kepp up the good work.
< 1 2 3