Hope Springs

Episode 2

Aired Unknown Jun 14, 2009 on BBC

7.4
  • The millions are lost, the killer is on their track and the gang is about to split up. Some money is retrieved, the girls are reunited, but danger is still lurking and more than one villagers would be happy to see them leave.

The writers, actors and the rest of the crew did a great job. Christine Bottomley did a very convincing job as Shoo. And I especially liked Ronni Ancona in this episode. She gives so many layers to the character of Anne Marie without doing too much. Anne Marie is a very real person thanks to the actress. The scenes with her and Ellie are really great. I look forward to see more of the little niceties between them. Gil seems somewhat flat though and very much pushed around by Ellie and Anne Marie. Should like to see him take a stand someday.
    There is still not much information about the murder investigation. Who was murdered? By whom? Who is the dead guy beneath the floor boards? The bartender's brother Billy? It's about time we learned more about it.
    That killer is really frightening and he comes closer and closer and sadly it's Shoos fault that he is on the right trail. Will he leave a trail of blood behind him? Who is going to stop him?
    I kept wondering why the London police isn't looking for them. Don't they know anything about the girls involvement in the jewel deal? Surely they must wonder where the money went? Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I long to see Gil's reaction to Anne Maries discovery that Ellie has a dark secret. Will he confront her? And will Sadie find out that her money is gone? So many questions that need to be answered...