A Hostages Community
CBS (ended 2014)
The plots keep pointing out to a lot more people being “hostages”, not just the Sanders. Many of the players we see, they are coerced in a way or another to act the way they do. Not even the Chief of Staff was in command of the situation, as we just got confirmed in this episode. He was unexpectedly killed after confessing to Secret Service Agent Hoffman about the assassination plan. Together with poor Hoffman, who was smart enough to be in the right tracks. It feels as if Colonel Blair is the one leading the coup right now, together with the infamous sister that just poisoned the Chief of Staff, and that we have found out is Blair's lover. But are they in charge? The episode was strong showing how large the conspiracy is, but still really short in giving tips about the President's story and everyone's involvement in it.

The biggest reveal was that Carlisle's wife is in reality the current President's daughter. And that, for unknown reasons, if he would know about her, she would be killed. More question marks to add to the list. And another point that seems to confirm the President as a real bad guy, although it is all so very disperse that it could be easily turned around to the opposite direction any minute. Anyway, it seems Carlisle's interest in this story has directly to do with using President's pieces to cure his wife. They have both this rare blood type and she needs a donor. That part alone would not be as compelling if we have not also received the information about her being his daughter in mysterious circumstances.

The sister, Samantha, is a complicated case. She shows some concern about the number of people that need to die on one side, but then she is a cold blood murderer on the other side. She seems very driven, in any case.

In the middle of all this, I am concerned about something silly: Is everybody intimate with Sandrine? I cannot see the appeal. I find the relationship with Kramer so strange. Do you see any chemistry there?

poll
Comments (13)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
why are some comments been blacked out???????
i think the carlisle's wife is the president's and sister in laws daughter he probably thought maybe she had an abortion if he knew she was pregnant... thats why the sister in law is involved to save her daughter...or is it that the wife might kill her if she knew about her?????? i love duncan he is really trying to avoid casualties...
as for kramer and his love interest, come on guys there are 2 people lonely and down in luck let them be there are just time fillers... BE NICE... let them be :)))
Flag
But the sister in law is really young to be the mother, right? Are you talking about Samantha?

I think Syrinx2 put a black background to his comment so that people don't read it if they don't want to go into theories, and I followed, but it is not spoilers (since we have no idea what will happen) so it wasn't really necessary. You can just read it by selecting the whole text if you want.
Flag
yes samantha, she could be the mother, maybe??????!!!!!! they all must know about his daughter unless they have different agenda... poor duncan :(((
Flag
OK, just want to point out that I have no evidence of my following theory being true. But considering how the playing field looks, now - I believe I have an idea who's behind all this.

I'll eradicate the section that is sensitive. My view on this is that Brian is behind this. He's a clever chap and has a large corporation behind him. For this to work out, his mother is the woman Paul Kincaid had a baby with. Kincaid killed Brian's mother. Nina Carlisle is Brian's sister and I guess he believes she is dead. As does the President.
Why else would Brian Sanders be in the equation? Not be solely being married to Ellen, right?
And we surely can't get a bunch of FNG's this close to wrap up?

Remember where you read it first!

Peace!
Flag
OMG, seriously? Well, the part where he works at a big company got my interest. I actually expect him to get some more secrets, but he has been trying to kill Carlisle in the most clumsy ways, so not sure he can be behind all this.

Flag
Sandrine, nope. Nothing.
Vanessa Moore, on the other hand.

Apparently, Carlisle is indeed one of the good guys. As are the Delaney's. My question is why Archer is out of the loop?

I didn't see either Hoffman or Creasy on the to-soon-be-dead list. I was leaning towards one of Carlisle's hostage team.

I put this up as one of the best episodes - we did get the reason for Duncan's actions. That was what really was bugging me. Great review, Elisa!
Flag
Thank you, Syrinx2, I can't hardly achieve your level of thoroughness, but there it is :).

Good question on Archer. To be honest, I was wondering more why he is asking so many heavy questions, and I thought they just wanted to create a love triangle there with some jealousy to spice up things (not working for me, though). But probably he was out of he loop because Carlisle doesn't trust him to support this "defending Hoffman"'s idea. He is more of an action guy and doesn't want unnecessary trouble. So probably he would not have agreed to do that?
Flag
My big question of this week is why did Kramer and Sandrine help abort Hoffman's execution?

I think I keep watching this show because i hope that someday I will figure out what the hell is going on.

As for Sandrine, she does nothing for me.
Flag
Carlisle didn't want Hoffman to die, I assumed... although that plan didn't have a lot of meaning, since they could just kill him the day after (as they did). So you probably are right and maybe there is something else in there.

Me too, I keep watching trying to understand what this show is about, and why they did it in the first place. At least it doesn't give me a headache when I watch it or make me very nervous, but I am puzzled most of the time about the choices.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members