Hot Properties Forums

ABC (ended 2005)

What I Don't Get

phoenix06615316

[1]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 6
    Is how Jake In Progress (another ABC show that has extremely low ratings) got a 2nd Season, & Hot Properties is getting great reviews from loads of people & it's getting cancelled, that's bull!!!!!!!!
    Edited on 11/01/2007 3:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Owepar

[2]Dec 25, 2005
    • level: 33
    phoenix06615316 wrote:
    Is how Jake In Progress (another ABC show that has extremely low ratings) got a 2nd Season, & Hot Properties is getting great reviews from loads of people & it's getting cancelled, that's bull!!!!!!!!

There was a difference in how the two shows were handled. "Jake" got minimal promotion last season and somehow managed to get minor ratings. However, ABC went all out at the beginning of the season to plug "Hot Properties" during "Lost" and "Desperate" (their two highest rated shows -- and two shows that they NEVER plug their sitcoms during) but ratings were lackluster.

If history has proven anything, the ratings don't really mean s---t. Take, for example, "Family Guy," which has now been canceled twice and is back on the air. Or look at 1989's "The Nutt House," which was consistantly one of the highest-rated shows on the air for the month that it aired before they pulled the plug. Or 1999's "Stark Raving Mad," which NBC never gave a suitable reason for canceling (I'm still bitter about that one). Alternately, "Seinfeld" got no ratings at all for the first season, but they stuck with it and it went on to become a hit (personally, I wish they'd canned it out of the gate). It all goes to prove that if there's a new show that you like, you best record it 'cuz it can disappear with no warning or explanation...

R.I.P., "Hot Properties"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.