House of Cards

Netflix Premiered Feb 01, 2013 Between Seasons

dhaworth

House of Cards Fan Reviews (35)

• Slow but effective

This is a kind of show,either you fell in love with it or you hate slow but Kevin Spacey would surely ensure that you're wait isn't would recommend this show for all the fans who like to Kevin Spacey and his acting for season 3 :D
  • BORING AND PREDICTABLE.

Well I join the choir of people who express deep resentment watching this show.

To engage yourself in a story don't you have to empathize with some of the

Maybe I am supposed to be intrigued and fascinated with Mister Underwoods excellent skills at playing deceitful and turning the tide of events in the political system to serve his purpose again and again - but I don't.

The theme of deceit is simply too easily identified and can be predicted in such a way, after watching two or three episodes, that you know more or less which structure the rest of the episodes are built around.

Every single person has given up any kind of personal integrity. They can the threatened or bought to do whatever Underwood wants.

The only happy end I can imagine would be if the Whole place blew up.

WATCH INSTEAD THE ORIGINAL SEASON WITH THE MAGNIFICENT IAN STELLAR TV!!!!!

• Simply Great

Everything is so well done. Spacey brings the boom. The supporting characters bring the bang. Can definitely tell this is David Fincher's baby.
  • Best show ever

FU and CU kick ass!
  • Only for Kevin Spacey fans.

House of Cards was an average show in the first season and became a mediocre show in the second season. The attachment of talented people like David Fincher (one of my favorite directors), Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright skyrocketed my expectations, but the result is rather lackluster. The main problem is the convoluted writing that tries so hard to make Kevin Spacey's character look like a manipulating genious and hide the fact that most of the time he is just a lucky opportunist. Another issue is the really boring plotlines that take entire seasons to set up and then they just disappoint. The first season was watchable and had its moments especially because of Corey Stolls' character, but the second season was disappointing altogether. Of course, the fact that Frank is now POTUS unlocks many intriguing plotlines which can only lead to his uncompromising and utter demise.
  • spectacular

love it
  • Not so far from Reality

Great Writing and acting !! The best Character ever made by Mr. Spacy!
  • brilliant

as a 17-year-old who is entirely uninterested in anything regarding politics, i was surprised to find myself loving this show. in contrast to popular opinion, i liked the use of francis' depiction of his thoughts by looking into the camera: i was somewhat caught off guard at first, but i found that this detail added humor, insight, and (even more) character to the dark and manipulative Francis Underwood. Kevin Spacey is brilliant, and i couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role of Francis as well as him. Personally, i preferred the first season overall due to some minor problems i had with the second season. overall, great great great show with incredible acting skills and excellent character developments.
  • I find this offputting

My girlfriend gave up on the first episode within five minutes; she was too bothered by the artifice of the main character talking to the camera. I stuck with it, but I felt the whole show was artifice, and it put me off. I find the characters unrealistic, but not interesting enough to make up for that. It feels like a good premise for something intriguing, but I feel no urge to watch more. The only character I really found interesting was the wife, but not enough so to want to watch again.
  • Just started watching.

A little slow but picking up nicely. So far so good.
  • Awsome

A Great Show indeed...
  • Great show but the second season could have been a lot better...

Great show but it was spoiled at the end of second season. Too predictable, too naive, too simple without any unexpected twists. I prefered the first season. The second one stays in the dark...
  • Going back to game of thrones!

So i've just watched episode two where the site appears in the end and %#!(%! appears in the beginning ;)

im really frustrated about this whole episode... how can things like this happen

im going back to game of thrones!
  • Exceptional tv

The show does everything the right way. The right casting, tempo, style of filming. The writing offcourse stands out.

*** spoiler alert ***

What I don't understand is the logic of underwood doing the killing of Zoe himself. It doesn't make much sense. Why put yourself in that much risk of being exposed. In the Russo case I understood the moment. But with Zoe it was a bit too much. I guess it shows the willingness of him killing making him a very bad person. But giving the order to Stamper would have been almost as bad and a bit more realistic.
  • some serious stuff.....

after sherlock and walter white i think kevin spacey as francis underwood is really the best person to watch
  • Theres always a but..

**Spoiler Alert** You can clearly see from my score that I really enjoy this show. The murder aspect of this show does however bother me though. Are we expected to believe that the Vice President of the United States is walking around murdering people? Then we are expected to take the show seriously? This character has such cunning and intelligence that even if he was doing it he would likely work in such a way as to not get his own hands dirty. Basically everything else about it is of such high caliber. Kevin Spacey is acting better than I have EVER seen him. Too bad the writers clearly think so little of our intellect as viewers. I would still highly recommend this show for everything else that is has going for it.
  • Hell Yes

Only one word to describe house of cards an that is "excellent"

House of cards is sheer awesomeness.

A wonderful performance by kevin spacey as francis underwood as well as Emmy award winner David fincher wonderful directed first two chapter are worth watching.

• excellent show BUT....

Kevin Spacey is awesome and the story is very good

BUT i'm really sick of most shows having seasons with only 12-13 episodes !!!!!

with all the money networks are generating, don't tell me they can produce good shows with 22-24 episodes per year anymore....

or perhaps they should produce less crap and focus on the good shows instead
  • AWESOME

the best show ever! Kevin Spacey is truly brilliant! This show is so entertaining and insightful into good ole Washington DC. I don't doubt any authenticity to the stories. All of the actors are really good. I would rate this 10+ LOVE IT
  • One of the strongest first seasons of a show I've ever seen.

Kevin Spacey is incredible as the dark antihero congressman Francis Underwood. I am endlessly fascinated by how Netflix is seemingly changing the television game, so I had very high expectations going into House of Cards. What I got was a show that blew me away. This is one of the best first seasons of a television series I've ever seen. You can read my more detailed review here: 2013/05/18/the-netflix-model-house-of-cards-season-1-in-review/
  • Brilliant

Indeed I hope Netflix continues to produce shows like this one. Even without all of their other content I got my 7$ a month worth from this show alone. Great plot, wonderful political maneuvering. The cast is right on and naturally Kevin Spacey stands out. I love how he takes time during his performance to talk to the audience and give us insight on what he is thinking/planning, making us accomplices to his plotting for more power.
  • I am someone (NOTE: SPOILERS)

An excellent show.

Kevin, I believe Underwood's plan was to build a real and competitive campaign then have it implode dramatically leaving only the VP able to save it. A successful watershed bill would have made Russo a juggernaut. Then when he self-destructs and quietly bows out of the race the VP would save the day and the party. Russo's bill didn't pass which weakened but didn't kill his candidacy; however, more importantly it revealed to Frank that Peter himself was weaker than he imagined, which I think gave him the eventual resolve to take care of Russo.
  • Can someone (NOTE: SPOILERS)

Liked the show, but here's the one thing I didn't get. After the Watershed bill fails due to Claire telling a couple of reps that it wouldn't be the worst thing if it is defeated, Frank is livid with both her and the reps from his own party who voted against the bill. So it seems he really did want the bill to pass... which would've meant Russo likely wins the governorship... which means the VP doesn't step down... Instead, though, the bill fails; they decide to use the bill's failure to get Russo out of the picture by setting him up with a hooker and booze; this results in the VP stepping aside to run for Gov, and opens up the VP slot for Frank. Frank acts like this was his plan all along -- but he legitimately wanted the bill to PASS and was angry when it didn't. So if the bill HAD passed, what was Frank's plan then? How does he get to be VP (or anything beyond his current job of majority whip) in that situation?
  • Great show, but is Kevin Spacey overrated?

The show is really good, but seriously, am I the only one that thinks that K. Spacey is an overrated actor?

I'm at episode 6 and I like it a lot so far, but Kevin Spacey is constantly overacting, and his sothern accent is quite bad (I might be wrong with that one because English is not my native language).

But well, it must be me because everybody else seems to love him.
  • Great show, great spacey

I love this show, hope it will go on for many seasons.
  • love it!

I just started to watch this show, after I read all you pro-writers wrote about it.

It's grate! I watched and watched.... now I'm waiting for the next season.

love it!
  • Awesome Show!!

This show gives a very realistic view on how politics work in DC. It's hard to stop watching and I can't wait until the next season is out.
  • Simply a masterpiece.

Has everyone gotten through this yet? If you have not, do it right now. Seriously stop what you are doing and watch it all.

This is the first show I have watched in a long time that has captivated me from the first second right through 13 episodes until the final second. And for sure it is the first show I have paused in the middle of, gone back, and written down what a character said. So many amazing quotes from here. Lots of which could easily lead to numerous educational discussions, not only on politics, but about life.

There are so many twists to discuss about I do not even know where to start.
  • One of the best shows of the past years

Captivated from the first second to the thrilling ending of season one, this is one of the best series I have watched in years. To best describe it: West Wing meets Damages. Loved it :)
  • Best show I've seen in year

I can't believe they released the entire first season at once, best idea I've ever seen. I can actually get into a show like this with more then one episode atleast and not have to wait and wait around to find out whats happening next.