House of Carters

E! (ended 2006)

radrobd

House of Carters Fan Reviews (12)

7.7
  • I love this show.

I don't know if their putting on for TV or not, but I love this show. It seems like they all hate to love each other. But in the end they all really do love each other. But the only reason I'm watching this is beacue I'm a Backstreet Fan. If I wasn't I probaly wouldn't watch it. Given the fact I hardly ever watch E!
  • Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, brings all his siblings back together after a long separation. He wants to make his family closer and help them along the way. He's doing this while, he and the rest of the Backstreet Boys are working on their new album.

I love the show, it shows how they actually are. I am sick of all these game show, challenges, and dating reality shows. House of Carters actually can help people, and entertain them at the same time. You get to see the Carters at there highs and lows. You get to see fights, about Paris (i really dont like her) and about there mom. You also get to see them life and have great family momments. I love the Carter siblings and I think you will too, if you give the show a chance and get to know the real Carters. They have their faults but they work through them together, as a family.
    Watch this Show and you wont regret it.
  • Very much loved the show, I hope they keep it going! I'm a huge BSB fan, especially Nick Carter and it's nice to see that he lives a life just as normal as anyone else. Nick, love ya!

I loved the new reality show "House of Carters" I'm a big fan of BSB and especially Nick. Love Aaron's work also. The show is very down to earth and I feel that it is great and important that Nick tries to bring his siblings together and watch over them. It's great to see that the Carter's live a normal life as anybody else....nobody's perfect and all siblings fight. It's a shame the parents aren't around, but I see it as their lost. I hope the show lasts along time as I know I will enjoy each and every episode! Love to the Carter's!
  • The famous but dysfunctional Carter clan bare their hearts and souls, not to mention their dirty laundry, when they try to repair their fractured family by living together for the first time in over 10 years.

I was eagerly looking forward to this series as I have always been a big fan of Nick Carter (of the Backstreet Boys) and his younger brother, pop star Aaron Carter. However, after seeing the first full episode, I\'m having mixed emotions. For the first time, I\'m seeing them as real people, dysfunctions and all, and not as the pretty boy singers I\'ve idolized them as for years. That being said, this episode was pretty painful to watch, yet interestingly addictive at the same time. All the Carter siblings had some real (and not scripted) emotional angst to share with viewers and with good reason - they were raised in the limelight by show biz parents who cared more about fame and fortune than about their own kids\' needs. Now, their pain is being scrutinized in a fish bowl environment for all the world to see. And the reality is, it ain\'t pretty! While it appears that Nick has good intentions in reuniting his clan, he also appears to be trying to hard in demanding respect and being somewhat controlling. B.J.\'s a drunken mess, Leslie\'s an outsider still reeling from her parent\'s divorce, Angel\'s a cold-hearted b*tch and Aaron, he\'s trying to be the rebel in the family but... well, let\'s just say it looks like he\'s not headed down the right path and hopefully someone intervenes before he OD\'s. The best thing about \"House of Carters\" is that it made me glad I\'m not related to them and it made me appreciate that, despite their money and fame, I might actually have things better than them. But will I be watching next week? You bet I will!
  • This is a hit! The Carters came out bearing their souls ... This show took guts, grit, and grace! I am very impressed with how the Carter Clan is growing up and how they are dealing with a tragic childhood. Bring on another season!

I loved it! We were allowed into the lives of the Carters, where they exposed their imperfections, the pain their parents layed on them, and a deep devoted love that must have come from Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, someone in their past! The Carter kids are an inspiration to children of alcoholics ... educating others on how to cope with such extreme pain and teaching those who have had similar pasts that there is a light at the end of the cold, lonely, dark tunnel!! Thanks for a fabulous show!! (I cant type any words in uppercase due to webmasters restriction!)
  • The five Carters united to live in one household.

House Of Carters is a very good show. It's about five sibling who live together and they have family problems. This isn't like any other show on t.v that shows familys because it actually shows the intentness of the problems, and it takes you to make you feel like you are actually there. They all love hate each other, but at the end of the day they are always there for each other. This show can teach you about life, and give you some important lessons. Trust me watch it and you will find out. I hope that they come back for a second season because I am totally tuning in.
  • The cameras are rolling as this disfucntional family gets into arguements, fights and heated discussions about their childhood and parents.

Being only 18, I can gladly admit that I was a around during the boy-band craze, and yes I was obsessed with the Backstreet boys. If it wasn’t their songs it was their great looks but being only 10 at the time I was greatly disappointed when I learned I stood no chance with these men who were at least 10 years my senior. One year later I was happy to learn that the hottest Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter of course, had a younger brother who was about my age. My obsession with Aaron Carter was somewhat unhealthy but came to an end when I entered high school. I didn’t hear too much about either of the Carter boys unless is was about Nicks DUI or supposed abuse charges that tabloids were accusing him of. I think I heard Aaron sued his mother for something but other than that I was sure that they had left the Hollywood scene for good.
    Last month I saw previews for House of Carters, and being a celebrity reality TV show fan that I am, I was somewhat excited to see how my childhood idols were doing.
    I was kind of expecting something like Laguna Beach, only with already famous people. I thought the show was going to be how successful the 2 brothers have been and how the sisters are desperately trying to reach stardom. Half-right-the one sister is in fact trying to be a model- I realize that this show is quite different.
    The chaos that went in during the first episode is way more then I could ever handle. Aaron’s “gangster” persona ends up in a fist fight with his big bro, only to reveal a secret that no tabloid ever reported: Aaron took out Paris Hilton the day right after Nick broke up with her. From the crazy events to the emotional discussions the siblings have about their childhood, I can’t help but to feel sorry for the Carter family.
    I’m looking forward to the next show and the next chaotic event that the Carter family will experience.
  • The five Carter siblings Nick, Aaron, BJ, Leslie, and Angel are reunited into one house and attempt to mend their dysfunctional family.

The House of Carters, I reccommend, should only be watched by people who can deal with yelling, screaming, and swearing. In this show, you have to definitely get used to people fighting (physically and verbally) almost 24/7. What irritates me is that Nick is trying too hard to play dad, denying that he ever even bothered to make that effort, and wants all his siblings to just see him as the big brother. However, he has no idea that his actions are utterly contradictory of what he always says. In the show, he tends to overreact and completely loses his mind when he can just work it out by talking (probably even mild verbal abuse) instead of biting his little brother on the arm, which really is childish for a 25-year-old. Another thing that bothers me is BJ. She whines and whines and just keeps on going. She is the oldest sister, after all, so why can`t she set an example? Even younger sister Angel is more mature than she is. She can`t even get ahold of herself. She`s always running away from problems. The other three siblings, Angel, Aaron, and Leslie re pretty much the held back ones, or not as crazy as the other two. They usually get into fights only because either BJ or Nick started it. Some of the scenes in this show, in fact, seem a little choreographed, like the lines and actions were memorized. This is kind of unexplainable to put into words, but you just seem to know when their actions seem a little "fake." Other than that, it`s kind of interesting to see how a celebrity family is completely fallen apart, and to see how they can deal with their lives. It`s striking to watch them struggle. It really is sad that they are desperate for a good life, and nobody is helping anybody. Sometimes you just want to walk straight to them and tell them, "Why can`t you just get along?" But then if that happened, the show wouldn`t be interesting. In conclusion, the show is a so-so or an okay, so I give it a 7.
  • DUMB!

4.2
    This show is so dumb and so unnecessary, we don't need another show where celeb families fight with each other, thats why we have Hogan Knows Best. I really don't think this show is going to last very long, think about it, they are probably just gonna get sick of each other and go home. If you do watch this show then I'm very sorry that you have nothing better to do than to watch this dumb show, go watch Heroes, it's ALOT better. Ok well thats all the bashing I'm gonna do today. Oh yeah and did you notice that Nick & Aaron try and talk all ghetto, not cool at all.
  • Something every needs to know, and i would like your opinion. So please read. I would even like for the carter family to read this, and give me a piece of there mind. Would love to hear from them ;)

2.7
    Ok, I just saw the video clip of nick and aaron carter fighting.
    Was that actually necessary for Nick to yell at his younger brother in his face like that?
    No. Nick needs anger management. Seriously.
    Ok, If was Nick and I was in this situation this is what I would have done.
    First, I would ask Aaron what is he doing.
    And its obverse, but I would still ask.
    Two, I would tell Aaron to turn the music down just a tad bit so I could sleep. Three, I would go back to bed and see if the music’s turned down, if it was I would try to sleep or read a book to put me to sleep. If the music was still loud as before and aaron didn’t turn the music down (not listening) I would go back and actually see what he is actually doing. If I found it enjoyable (even thought its midnight) I would join or I would watch.

Man I wouldn’t yell at aaron for playing music in the middle of the night.
    He’s just a kid. And im sure Nicks played music at midnight too, since he was in the backstreet boys band. Teenagers do go through phrases and it is normal you know.
    Four, If I didn’t enjoy what aaron was doing I would tell him again to turn down the music.
    Man I would just let him go, Aarons bound to tire himself out. And Nicks got no right to even be in his brothers face like that. Poor Aaron. Sure aaron needed some yelling at but not in his face. And the swear words, please.
    isn't nick carter surpose to be a role model for backstreet boys or something. Yeah right. My ass.

House of carters shouldn’t even be on if things happen like that.
    Aaron doesn’t need a brother like Nick to yell in his face and swear at him like that.

Aaron you should move out. Forget about Nick altogether.
    You can do better without him.

Aaron's been close to Nick for too long, and its time for Aaron to do his own thing now.
    And if Aaron doesn't like the way Nick treats him, well everyone if I was Aaron, I would take the money I got from singing or whatever and i would move out. I would do it now, before its too late.

Because you know what, even looking at Nick when he was fighting with Aaron, it looked like he was going to hit him, and Aaron doesn’t need that.
    I know what its like to get hit, and seeing Aaron ever getting hit by Nick that would be a terrible/shocking thing. I would hate Nick for the rest of my life. I do already.
    That doesn't surprise me. Nick’s got problems, really bad.
    Being in Aarons face like that, thinking he’s tough, he’s wrong.
    And what he did to Aaron was wrong, sure he was playing music in the middle of the night, but he didn’t need to be in Aarons face like that, and spitting on him, so close to Aarons face. Is Aaron the only normal one in the family.

So much of Nick being a role model, hey.

If anyones got any inquries, or want to give me a piece of your mind, go ahead. Try me.

Im opended minded too, so just remember that.
  • Get over it!

2.1
    Get over yourself...I watched one show and seriously...a lot of people in this country have more problems than your family. You need to realize that you\'re just wasting your time with this show. I am upset that the network actually agreed to this show. This family needs to realize that they are just a bunch of spoiled brats on TV because their older brother got lucky. They should be ashamed of the fact that they are doing this show and I hope that it fails. Nobody is interested in their life...because \"ordinary\" people have more interesting lives than this stupid sitcom.
  • Reality TV is unning out of ideas so they gave the Carter's a show.

Are you kidding me? When did the Carter's become influential enough to get their own reality television show? Give me a break! Are we so in need of television that we will watch a family of wannabe celebrities fight each other in an "attempt to bring the family closer together"? Sure, okay.

Nick's little brother, the one who is so pathetic I can't even remember his name, is hilarious. He should be flogged by a group of rappers for trying to sound "street" and talk like he is from "The Hood." What is she trying to show off by parading himself in white tank tops?

Give me a break and pull the cord on this abomination of a show. PLEASE!