House of Lies Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on ShowtimeBetween Seasons

The end

dif_frent

[1]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 9

Sorry. I've seen the first five episodes, and that's it for me.

Not that the show is especially bad. I just find it boring. The actors are very good, so it must be the script, or... I'm not American, and perhaps that's why I cannot respond to the show emotionally, or relate to it, if that is a correct phrase to put it with. On the other hand, there are no posts in this forum but mine, so the show does not seem to attract any viewers' attention.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm not that surprised at the lack of comments. In the US, "The Good Wife" is one of the highest rated dramas and its forums are really dead. Some shows just don't have much of a following on TV.com.

I enjoy it; they borrowed a littlefrom UK's early seasons of "Hustle" by having them pause the actors and having the main character explain stuff. Though I think they took it more to a comedic place here than back then.

It's kind of an adult sitcom, which works out. Short comedy chunks, but on premium cable so it's raunchy.

titanbob13

[3]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 6

This show is not for everyone to say the least. I find the performance of Don Cheadle to be memorizing, the man can act his ass off. The supporting cast shines as well but the raunchy bits can be a little off-putting. I tell my friends to ignore the "naughty bits" and concentrate on the performances.

tinalessia

[4]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 3

I personally find the whole show really good. Don Cheadle is pretty much amazing in anything. He could get an Oscar on Sesame Street. I also like the raunchy parts, a nice pairing with Californication, like a crisp Pinot Grigio with salmon. The humor is also not that laugh out loud type but rather an inside Oh My God I Cannot Believe They Just Said That. I love the relationship between him and his son as well. No macho sexist crap, just total acceptance which makes him or any man sexy as hell.