House

Better Half

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 23, 2012 on FOX

• Why not do your homework?

I mean, if you choose your character to be Brazilian, you should give him a Brazilian name, give a Brazilian accent to his English and he should sound Brazilian when he speaks Portuguese. And, of course, his Portuguese should not sound like literally tranlated English.
  • more of the same. . .

4.5
    So House has boiled down to a formula now.

Meaningless backstory on the team that is not interesting or relevant to anything.

The medical case means little to nothing at this point. The entire run time is dedicated to peoples motives and beliefs being questioned endlessly.

It is boring and I am finding it harder and harder to watch House, with only my belief that it can be as good as it once was, for company.
  • Actually some good writing

This episode has some good interpersonal dialogue explaining the motivations of characters actions....Wilson tells House exactly what he will do...House tells Foreman what he is about..and down the line. Park says she has had sex with 30 men and then admits it's a lie...but Adams wants to know...which WAY is it a lie..MORE than 30 ..or LESS. The PATIENT story was boring unfortunately...the case doesn't really show any great emotional interplay and wasn't all that interesting. It has been almost 2 months since the last "new " episode aired...so I would have thought a more engaging case would emerge. Still, it was good for the characters knowing the others minds inside and out. But this show seems to have outlived its heydey...there really have been NO episodes above almost any episode of Season 1-7.
  • Better Half

6.2

I feel kind of bad giving this episode just a 6.2 out of 10, because they really had two good storylines, first with the Alzheimer's patient as well as the couple that was asexual. The problem I had with it was that it was just too slow-moving, almost at a snail's pace, and in today's television environment fans wanted flashiness. This show is not "artistic" enough like Mad Men to progress at that kind of speed and that is why I found myself looking at the clock often during tonight's episode. The premise was fine, but the execution just was not there.

USA