House

Blowing the Whistle

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 02, 2012 on FOX

• Loved Little Chase

(to answer your query: No, House never faked being sick before - in Half-Wit, he faked results to another hospital so he could get a pleasure chip implanted in his medial fore-brain cortex to relieve his pain, and you might be thinking of No More Mr. Nice Guy, where he starts acting nice so his team would think he has syphilis - but he never faked having symptoms to find out which of his team would blow the whistle on him.)

---My Review--

I love House, and giving it an 8 was a little hard on me, because I'd often give all episodes a 9 at least. This was a basic House episode, and it was complicated on the first view which makes it a very good watch - also the concept of House being sick could have been a hint to future episodes, or just a way of the new writer to write lines for House that would not fit. It WAS a great episode - one problem I have is using DB Weiss as freelance writer - THIS IS FINAL SEASON! USE YOUR BEST WRITERS! Whatever happened to Lawrence Kaplow - he wrote "A Pox on our House" and "Black Hole," and the award winning "Autopsy"! All incredible episodes, and he hasn't written anything since Season 7!!!!

Typhus was a very cool diagnosis, and it is hinted with the closeup on the patients bald head in the beginning - I love how they offered it in the DDX, rejected it, and then went back to it again to cure him. Not as moving as most House scripts, but great nonetheless.
USA