House

Body and Soul

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 23, 2012 on FOX

• The Ending Was Good

"Body and Soul," in my mind, is another example of how mediocre this season has been. The cast feels completely off; almost to the point where House doesn't feel like the same show anymore. This episode offered some good moments, but the medical mystery was another rehash of the House vs. God/Religion storyline.

The episode also played with the House-Dominika drama storyline. If you made it through all that "drama" and stuck around to the ending of the episode, you we're definitely rewarded with quite a bombshell: Wilson revealed he has cancer.

If I were to rate the episode based solely on the closing scenes, it'd definitely earn a 8.5-9. The episode as a whole, however, deserves a more down-to-earth rating. It wasn't terrible; I rarely give House anything less than a 6, but it wasn't a fantastic episode, either.

The revelation sets up the series very, very nicely as we approach the finale. I'm hoping the House writers don't fall short or fumble this grand opportunity they've awarded the show's devoted fan base.

We've stuck around this show for eight years now. I think we deserve a satisfying ending. "Body and Soul," wasn't great, but it sets up the rest of the series for a satisfying grand finale.
OXYGN