House

Carrot or Stick

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 24, 2011 on FOX

• It is almost painful to look at House when another human being (or animal - remember Wilson's dog)physically displays their affection for him.

It made the ending of this episode all the more poignant. If they had done away with the silly side issues (namely Chase's problems with women he'd slept with), the episode would have been close to perfect. The medical case the team worked on had some interesting twists. It dealt not only with how best to discipline young people, but the larger issue of youth "slipping through the cracks"; where teenagers in this country are increasingly doomed because of their environment and the failure of parents and our institutions to effect change in their lives. And then there was House vs. the Toddler; which raised questions of his suitability to ever become a loving parent. The scene at the end when Rachel crawls into his lap is priceless - it was a portent of things to come, I'm sure.
OXYGN