House

Charity Case

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 17, 2011 on FOX

• House has lost its luster

I wasn't going to watch it, but because there was nothing else on, I saw the episode.

I have to say the POTW was pretty interesting, one of the most interesting patients they've had in a while. the concept of philanthropy as a symptom was, I thought, creative.

I enjoyed 13's visit and was glad, and surprised to see House put her needs above his own for once. He realized she doesn't have too many more healthy days, and he sent her to enjoy them. Very uncharacteristic of him, I thought.

As for the rest, ahhh. I always watched the show, not for the patients, but for the stories of the characters. I miss those. This is not sour grapes about Cuddy. I always thought that was contrived and not the logical place for those characters to go. But, I didn't realize how much of the water for the show was carried by his team. Park continues to be a nightmare. Her speech is difficult for me to understand and her part seems ill defined. Is she mini House? Is she some looney intern? I really can't make myself care.

As for Adams, she is okay, but I hope they don't plan to keep her long term. It's kind of hard to believe that she would just work for nothing out of love or loyalty to House, a man who doesn't engender love or loyalty because he gives none.

BTW, what happened to the theme song? I know they are cost cutting, but, seriously, if you can't afford the theme, it might be time to let the show go.

And that's what I really think. I think the show should have ended with House walking off into the distance on that beach. This year was a mistake.

OXYGN