House

Chase

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 13, 2012 on FOX

7.7
  • Brilliant!

House, the show I know and love, made a welcome return this week with a really powerful and enjoyable episode.

As I said about last weeks episode, Jesse Spencer can really pull out a performance when given the material to work with. And this episode really gave him a platform to launch with.

A chase-centric week with just enough of House and the team sprinkled in to keep the plot going forward. Not too much of the motivation questioning that has been boring me for most of the season, again no wilson to bog House down with and some great comedy relief with the Taub self defence story arc.

Some really touching moments involving Chase were only topped by the glimpse of humanity House shows towards the end. The simple nod of the head shared between House and Chase was as powerful as any written scene could have been to finish the episode off.

It may be the poor showing of House in the last season or two that makes this episode seem so good. But it will go down as one of my favourite entries in the entire shows run.

OXYGN