House

Clueless

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 28, 2006 on FOX

• I love this show...I really do. That's why watching this episode was so painful.

6.2
    Okay, so every show has at least one less-than-stellar episode. This was a first for House. I mean, it had its moments. There was some good snark between House and Wilson, but even that wasn't enough to save it.

The opening was...interesting. After an opening like that, you sort of expect the episode to be really edgy and shocking, but it just didn't meaure up.

The plot was weak. I understand that the woman sort of got off on harming her husband, but why would she poison him with gold, of all things? That was beyond bizarre, even for House.

Even the clinic story was initially hard to follow. The guy was stupid to say that he hadn't cheated at all. House would have known that either the husband or wife had to have cheated. STDs don't just come from nowhere.

Also, the show is getting a little to focused on the dangers of sex. Starting in season 1 with Occam's Razor, then Love Hurts, Sex Kills, and now Clueless.

Besides that, the entire mood of the episode was off. It kind of had this pseudo-dark murder mystery feel. I understand it had a new director, but still.

Overall I adore House. This episode was a bit of a clunker though.I will continue to watch, and I know future episodes will be better.
  • House turns detective as Wilson moves in...

Yet another outstanding episode- well acted, and well written.

House believes a wife is trying to kill her husband, whilst Cameron remains convinced they are happily married. They certainly seemed so during this episode, but I am sure regular viewers like myself had a hunch House might be right. The episode was hilariously funny, with so many twists and turns in the case ("its not lupus" being a key phrase here), and Wilson moving in with House was a brilliant idea from the writers, especially as House nicks all his food! Its one of those little details I forget to mention, but House stealing money from one of his team and Wilson is very House-like.

I thought the clinic scene was the best one yet in this episode, whilst the clashes between House and Cameron over "love vs naivity" was also good character development.

The great episodes just keep on rolling this Season.
  • We learn Wilson is a good cook.

Well this episode was quite revealing, not only the fact that we get to see how it is to live with Wilson but you could also see a woman trying to poison his husband but still loving him which is a bit nuts. But throughout the episode House & his team are really clueless, I like how House figures it out, all of them in the girls bathroom figuring out she poisoned him & House still a bit a annoyed that Wilson lives with him, also like the end, House wants to stay with Wilson! So sweet! An okay episode also I notice Cuddy is a lot meaner than the first season. Oh well.
  • It shows the strength of this series when an average episode still manages to score a rating of "great"!

I've just caught this episode in a rerun and, for some reason, I can remember liking it more the first time around. This could be for a number of reasons, but predominantly because this episode relies on the viewer not knowing the unanticipated plot twists.

The case the team has to tackle was certainly an interesting one: the show opened with a shocking moment, a woman getting raped. Of course this turns out not to be the case, but it's still an intriguing beginning.

Unfortunately, from this point the episode seems to slow down a bit. The case plods on with small revelations here and there, but nothing major. Personally, I feel this could have been improved on as for the majority of the episode it felt as if nothing happened.

However, towards the end things soon pick up again. House becomes convinced that the wife is poisoning the patient (and he wonders why he isn't married!) and soon tries to prove this. And, this being House, he isn't too subtle about: he asks her falt out if she's poisoning him and proceeds to search her bags and self. The great juxtaposition from this to House in Cuddy's office complaining that her cannot search her vagina is hilarious!

The ending of this episode is a twist to the calmness of the rest of it.

The secondary storyline for this episode is Wilson moving in with House: the original odd couple, if you like! The episode opens with some great directing of House been woken up by Wilson's various "bodily ablushions"! This subplot really is the main (or only) highlight of this otherwise average episode.

This is not the best episode of House by a long way, but the subplot of House and Wilson living together provide a good enough reason alone for it to be checked out!
  • Okay but not my favorite episode of House

I loved House's clinic patient. I loved how he told the guy that his wife was sleeping with his daughter's karate teacher. The way he said it was so complicated yet so simple at the same time.

The case wasn't all that exciting. I loved Foreman insisting that it was lupus and Chase insisting that it was food allergies and House insisting that it was heavy metal toxicity. Cameron was the only one that really wasn't feeling too strongly about anything. Cameron only thought that Chase was wrong.

I did like that House thought that the wife was poisoning her husband and that's why all of the tests came back negative.

I saw the irony in the fact that she was poisoning with gold. It was kind of poetic like House said. I loved that House thought gold after his appointment with the clinic guy and his wife. The way House used that stuff that turned the wife's hands purple was interesting too.

It was a really good episode but I didn't really like it.
  • Review

I really liked this episode a lot - on all aspects of what I look for in House. I thought that the case in question was a good one, with the huge bomb at the end that the woman was in fact trying to kill her husband. Its not common that we gert huge shockers like that in House episodes and I was on the edge of my seat during Houses conversation with her in the bathroom. I thought the clinic case was great because House hit the nail right on the head and then had a great scene with Cuddy in her office to finish the story off. I still think House-Cuddy have a great on screen connection and I liked that that issue was resolved with her present. I also thought Wilson moving in was good drama for the show as a change it up pace. Im wondering if the house cleaning lady could become something, but I doubt it. Fantastic Episode from begnning to end, which is hard to say about episodes of televsion shows.
  • Despite all his efforts, Greg House can't help show us a friendly face.

This was a great episode. At least for me I have learnd or relearned about relationships. For one hand, we got the perfect marriage. A young couple, both good looking (the guy is gorjeous) and with a great atracction for each other.
    On the other hand, we have a friendship who is a little tense because House and Wilson living toghether.
    Aparently Dr. Wilson is a great catch, he can cook. And he is a good caring soul. Well aparently House is too. When he deleted Wilson's message for the apartment was so sweet. What can i say, i can't see a bad thing on House, even when he break the rules its for a good cause.
    An outstanding episode that was more murder mystery that medical mystery. A loving wife tries to kill her husband by poisoning him with gold dust. House quickly identifies the source of his patient’s illness and he pegs it on the wife. His team disagrees with him (No surprise here). No, Foreman, it’s not Lupus. You know, I don’t understand why Cameron, Chase and Foreman ever doubt House’s diagnoses. Then again, I’m asking this of people who seem genuinely surprised by and slightly fearful of the ringing from their beepers. Listen up, folks, House is always right. Say it with me: House is always right, from the diagnosis to the whodunit. And come on, how cool was it when House barged in to the ladies' room, grabbed the wife's unwashed hands and turned them purple with some chemical solution? The only thing missing from the episode was her teary confession, but the ambiguity surrounding her motive was intriguing. Let's follow the clues: The threesome, the role-playing, the wife's dispassionate discussion on why marriages fail. Apparently, the danger in marrying your high-school sweetheart is that people grow up, change and then you want to kill them: A lesson for us all. Good thing new roommates House and Wilson waited until after graduation to move in together. Between Wilson's blow-dryer-aided hairstyling and House's eating Wilson's food, it's safe to say these two will drive each other batty. But at least they won't be plotting one another's demise.
    In fact i really love the acurracy of the medical cases and procedures, with the touch of human behavior. This is really a great fun show to watch.
  • New personality features from House

I liked this episode because first of all, Cameron seems to get more beautifull each episode, I love her! and after, this episode showed a new feature from House personality when he realized that Wilson is a great person and cook. He realizes that Wilson is a great "influence" in his home, and if he really wanted to be an as....he would kick Wilson out, instead, even for the cooking reasons, he wanted Wilson to stay and lose the house he was suppoused to buy. Also, returning to Cameron, she is waering every episode, much beautifull clothes that continues to show piece by piece what a great body she has.
  • Another episode that should be wathed by everyone on the planet

A great episode, when House and his team can't find out what is wrong with the patient you think that maybe they are losing their touch and that something is going wrong. But when House finds the solution you couldn't be further from the truth it makes you think that House has improved astoundingly. Also he isn't as grumpy in this episode.

With House deleting Wilson's mesage at the end and him eating Wilson's food maybe House is starting realise that he is lonely and that he should start dating again.
  • Quite possibly the best ep yet. Hilariously funny and totally House.

Clueless was hilarious. I laughed so much I missed half the dialogue.
    The dynamic between House and Cameron the entire episode was electrifying, but the last scene was fraught with tension. There were sparks everywhere. If Cameron jumped him, the tension level wouldn't be the same, but it would make for some great tv.

Did anyone else catch on House's Tivo that he watches "Blackadder"? Those writers are always throwing in little things like that. I love it.

Wilson and House, the two of them are great as roommates. It makes for great comedic moments. House stealing his food, and deciding in the end, all the con's of having him staying there are weighed out by the fact he loves his cooking.....I can only imagine where the next few episodes will show this going.

The case itself. I wasn't sure if I had put the CSI tape in first with the teaser. After that it was okay. I wish they had explained why the wife had done it, in the end. But I understand why they didn't, cause that's not what House is about....that would be CSI's thing. Once again I love how they interconnect the Clinic case, with the POTW.

It was also interesting how we got some back story about House...he spent time as a kid in Egypt, cause he's an army brat, he went were his dad was stationed.

Next weeks' looks amazing too, I can't wait.....and all new to May!!!!
  • I laughed so hard, I cried!!

Clueless was hilarious. I had to go back and watch it three times. The first time around, live, I laughed so much I missed half the dialogue. The second time around, wow, I picked up on all the intimate dialogue.

Did anyone else catch on House's Tivo that he watches "Blackadder". Those writers are always throwing in little things like that. I love it.

The case itself, like I said I missed it the first time around. But on second viewing, I wasn't sure if I had put the CSI tape in first with the teaser. After that it was okay. I wish they had explained why the wife had done it, in the end. But I understand why they didn't, cause that's not what House is about....that would be CSI's schtick. Once again I love how they interconnect the Clinic case, with the POTW.

Next weeks' looks amazing too, I can't wait.....and all new to May!!!!
  • Not as great as others.........

This episode i guess was one just to bridge to the next episode, because i feel that the quality wasnt as good as it could be. the humor was not so funny, and i didnt laugh as much as i used to. was just plain weird to me. Still good though.
  • The reason I watch House.

This episode is the reason I watch House. I thought the interaction between House and Wilson was amazing and funny. The plot was also, as always really intriguing. They had you guessing as to what could possibly be wrong with him. I love it when it's something they've been saying all along with a twist. I loved the Egypt story, it gave us a little backround to House's character, and the Wilson hairblowing thing was amazing. It's really the little tiny funny details that make this show worth watching, and this episode was full of them.
  • One of the best episodes of the season.

This episode is the best one in a while. Its clever, and House is brilliant. In past episodes, i was starting to believe the show was degrading because all they talked about was crude actions, and sexual innuendo. Here its more focused on the case, and it also has a side story about Wilson moving in with House. Its very funny, unlike previous episodes which were almost void of humor. Even though it starts out rough the episode progressivly gets better, with a great ending.
  • House is still the person you love to hate!

That was one of the greatest episodes of House ever. I can't beliave that he actually deleted the meassage from the person who was selling the apartment just because he wanted more of his cooking. I didn't think that House was actually THAT callous, but as usual he suprises me.

The strotylines become more and more out there, especially the causes of why the people are sick. But the fact that she was killing him with gold was priceless. It is great that the chemistry between Cameron and House is still an issue and still a possibility. However, did we just forget about Stacey? Is he just taking more pills or did the realization that it is all in his mind stop the pain? The show remains edgy and House will be here for some time.
  • Getting better and better

This episode was just brilliant.

It had to be one of the best House episodes in all time.

I loved the fact that House couldn't work our what was killin the young man. It was also great to see James Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) quite a bit in this episode, i think his presence in this series makes it that much better.

Like mentioned by a few others, the scence at the end with Cameron and House was quite interesting. I really did think something was going to happen between the two of them, and then came the shocker when she paid out her bet. Just great :)

I'm going to enjoy the next few episodes where Wilson will be living with House.
  • I\'m sad.... I missed the episode... i left my house and i thought I was recording it!!! can anyone tell me where can i find the episode???.... I\'m a huge fan.... please :( Titi

I\'m sad.... I missed the episode... i left my house and i thought I was recording it!!! can anyone tell me where can i find the episode???.... I\'m a huge fan, Can I downloaded it??? .... please just let me know :(

sorry about my english, I\'m learning!!

BYE Titi!!!

• What a way to come back! Pure GOLD! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

Wow. As happy as I was to just get out of the dark woods of no-House Tuesdays, this episode made House's return all that much sweeter.

I loved the all the House and Wilson interactions, especially at the beginning where House was woken up by Wilson's primping for work and the way he kept stealing Wilson's food because he liked his cooking so much!

It was also nice to see Cameron had grown a spine over the 3 week break. She went toe-to-toe with House in Cuddy's office and even Cuddy had to raise an eyebrow at that one. Cameron had a fieriness to her in this episode that was both refreshing and intriguing. I don't know where all that hutzpuh came from or why she didn't tap into it before, but better late than never, I say.

The show's PsOTW continued the show's marathon themes of infidelity, deceit and general relationship-induced unhappiness, but they were still interesting. I honestly had no clue that you could poison someone with gold...Though, I was kind of disappointed that we never found out exactly why the wife wanted to kill her husband...Definitely a more true-to-life resolution, but also a slightly more frustrating one, like reading an O. Henry story...The bit House shared about his time in Egypt as a child was a good touch as well.

The scene where Cameron pays up her end of the bet she and House had was just wonderfully charged, regardless of where you stand on the House/Cameron ship. The tiny bit of skin she revealed when she lifted the bottom of her shirt to retrieve the money from the waistband of her pants, combined with House's blazing blue eyes and the brushing of the fingertips for a moment too long...It was a nice, subtle moment. And also a little understatedly sexy...if you want it to be.

Overall, I really liked the contrast in this episode between the softer side of House that's revealed in regards to his relationship to Wilson and his escalating gruffness towards his team and his work.

A great episode!

• The old House is back! However, something is very different.

I am so glad that House is back and isn't stopping until the season finale. I am also very glad that season 1 (pre-Stacy) House is back with a venegance. Now that Stacy has departed , House is free to do any outrageous thing he wants to do.

Even though the show is returning to it's roots , I've noticed that the subject matter has become increasingly darker. House waking up a burn victim (Distractions), a supermodel who's sleeping with her father when she's really a boy (Skin Deep) , House hunting for dead people to harvest their organs (Sex Kills), and of course a couple who engage in rape fantasies and a wife who's poisoning her husband with gold . These are all coming of a dark and morbid subjects. I actually kind of like the edgyness they bring to the show. It also gives House a chance to do some really extreme things.

I did , however , notice that there was a serious lack of Cuddy in this episode. Chase has also kind of gone MIA for alot of the show. I mean you see him in the background alot but you never actually SEE him.

I like the scene at the end where Cameron pays the bet. It shows some really interesting chemistry between House and Cameron. The tension between House and Foreman is continuing to grow and brings much loved hostility to the show.
  • House returns, sharper than ever.

Terrific episode; my favorite of the season thus far. This one had tremendous energy, in the dialogue (especially loved the line where House praises the macadamia nut pancakes), cinematography, acting, and characterization. Tons of great character moments: House drinking a can from the bottom, juggling while discussing the case, stealing Wilson's food despite the increasingly exasperated notes plastered all over their containers. Interesting developments between characters as well, such as the increasing friction between House and Foreman and House's decision at the episode's end. Maybe it was just his stomach, but I can't help but suspect his heart secretly factored into the equation. Speaking of which, did anyone else wonder if the House-Cameron "thing" showed signs of life in this one, particularly when she paid up on the bet?

The episode looked great as well: interesting camera work throughout, particularly during the beginning and end. The puzzle itself wasn't bad, and the clinic case was cleverly resolved. Quite excited about the rest of the season.
USA