House

Daddy's Boy

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2005 on FOX

• The episode was kind of bleh.

6.8
    This episode felt kind of uneven. They had a patient storyline which was gripping, but it felt like they didn't do that much with it. We didn't even get to find out how it ended. I was a bit annoyed that they didn't give the storyline the room that it deserved.

Too much of the focus was on the storyline with House's parents. I didn't like getting to see his parents or getting the big insight storyline. House's parents, and his relationship with them, is not something I'm very interested in - it's much more interesting when we get to picture it for ourselves. It annoys me that they took the first steps on the "he's not really a jerk, he's just had a hard time" path. They've avoided it in the past, by not blaming it on his leg. In real life some people are simply jerks, not every unpleasant person has the big sob story. But for some reason TV seems to have the big need to make us feel sorry for all non-nice characters. I liked House better when he was just a jerk.

And Cameron is far too annoying. What is she doing butting in when House's parents come to visit? She's nosy and bratty. Can't they get rid of her already? She's really getting on my nerves.
OXYGN