House

Daddy's Boy

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2005 on FOX

• House's parents...

I thought the medical case in this episode was fantastic- I was very interested in the unusual shock like symptons, and the lies between the father and son. It was touching at the end when the father comforted his son, raising the question if its okay to lie in certain situations.

Tying into this, we get to meet House's parents for the first time, interesting the rest of the staff, in particular Cameron. I thought it was a poignant moment when House admitted he hated his father to Cuddy, and demonstrated a little of House's interior, and perhaps upbringing. The episode was also very funny in places- House and Wilson provided the main laughs again, especially in their manipulation of each other. There friendship is superb, and I think their connection goes deeper than what we have seen so far.

Overall, this was a great episode, with an interesting case and subplot merging with one another. My only complaint was that I was hoping for more insight into House's parents, as we only gained a small teaser- I don't buy that House hates his dad just because his dad tells the truth.
OXYGN