House

Damned If You Do

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2004 on FOX

• Perhaps not one of their best, but I'm still willing to sit through it, so take that as a victory for the writers nonetheless

This episode was fine, okay, all right.. average, in other words. I didn't quite get the Jewish jokes that House was making with his doctor buddy, but there were a few other priceless moments as usual [such as Cuddy eyeing the teabag he threw at her with suspicion- "What is this, hemlock?"]. On the whole, however, the nun storyline wasn't that engrossing, and the woman was rather insipid and colorless. When she starts hallucinating about 'the Lord', it gets a little cringeworthy- but at least it's not an extended scene. You'd think, though, that House would be a little more cautious with the treatments- he jumps from one to the other haphazardly, and he ranted in a previous episode how dangerous that was, to prescribe one thing then another, but does it himself. All those chemicals in the one body can't be very healthy...but still, an average episode of 'House' is worth far more than a whole heap of other shows, at the end of the day, and I stil found a few moments to enjoy, so it wasn't that bad.
OXYGN