House

Dead & Buried

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 21, 2011 on FOX

• No summary so no spoilers.

As this is my first "review," I want to point out that for me, the final episode of season 7 said all I needed to know. I would have been satisfied with it as a series ending, but some may want more so I look forward to this season.

I find Josephlopez's review interesting. I also found myself recalling an "older" House. So much so that I went back to the beginning. There are several aspects of the Pilot episode that ring a loud bell. I encourage you to try it yourself. In short, House is still House - people don't change - only perceptions. And of course, truth does begin in lies (at least for this show).

As a fan, I really hope this series ends this season. If it does, I anticipate a typical House full circle applying to the larger arc of the series.

On another note, I read an article today - I think it was ign.com, that posed the possibility of mental illness in fictional characters.

I'd like someone to try and analyze "House." They've tried it on the show and he (House) rejected it. What kind of fictional character would tell his own writers that they don't know what they're talking about?

Just a thought, House reminds me a lot of Sherlock Holmes - he is tuned to details but needs the police (the team) to challenge him with generalities and false conclusions while Watson (Wilson) functions as an outlet or reality check. Don't forget the parallel to "addiction." Or his obsession with finding an equal (preferably a woman). Or the notion that the "real" Holmes was based on Doyle's admiration for a medical doctor.

This episode continues the things he learned about himself in dealing with his psychological explorations. I think that makes this a fantastic episode.

However, I think the corner of this series has always been - House's Head and Wilson's Heart. This was obviously the climax of the first arc and I have to believe there have been others since, but you can make your own determinations.

My score is not so much about the episode itself but the writers' ability to reintegrate already associated material - hence the division between the two cases. There is a split that may come to a head in this season and maybe it will click for you, maybe it won't - it clicked for me last season (but don't tell anyone).

USA