House

Detox

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 15, 2005 on FOX

• This episode was what I thought to be fantastic. Here in Australia the commercials for it said it was: “The performance that earned him (Hugh) an Emmy nomination”

“The performance that earned him (Hugh) an Emmy nomination”

And after this episode I’d have to agree.

I think that this episode had a lot of character development for both House and Cameron.

House was given the challenge to give up his pain killers for a week; in return he would get a month off clinic duty. During this week, he goes through the typical withdrawal symptoms. When he is given an ‘easy’ way out, he is faced with an important decision. Take the pills or don’t take the pills.

It’s no surprise that withdrawal symptoms are HELL on House, and yet he takes the hard option and ditches the pills. At the end he announces that YES he is an addict but he doesn’t see it as a problem. Is this fear? Or just plain stubbornness?

We learn the strength that House has, and his determination to prove others wrong, which is also an example of his inner strengths.

Cameron is faced with an important decision of her own. Believe House and do what he says even if she believe sits wrong, or go against his wishes and do what she thinks is best.

Though out the episode she has to fight the demons within herself to make her decisions… what’s more important?

I found the episode to be quite fantastic! I loved it! But then again what’s not to love about House?
USA