House

Dying Changes Everything

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 16, 2008 on FOX

• Season 5 Premiere

House is back, and he is as miserable and as **** as ever. The story takes place two months after Wilson loses his girlfriend, and the plot takes place around Wilson's decision to leave the hospital.

I thought this episode was a perfect start to Season 5- the House and Wilson relationship is tested but still dynamic between the pair of them- it was comical how Cuddy tried to get the pair to make up, but heart rendering how Wilson tells House he isn't a friend at the end.

Wilson's meltdown also gave Cameron the chance to behave sympathetically- thats the most character development we have seen from her in over a Season, and it was a welcome change.

Meanwhile, we see how Thirteen is coping with her huntingdons, as well as the Teams reaction to her. Thirteen bonded with the patient, showing how desperate she is to make a difference. The case itself was actually very interesting- the patient had some emotional depth as well as an interesting character (in response to reviews that are determined to put this show down).

Overall, a brilliant start to Season 5- the acting was excellent, and the character development was well balanced with the patient. An excellent episode.