House

Everybody Dies

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 21, 2012 on FOX

• The imaginary ending

Popular culture is not supposed to explain everything in the way a movie or t.v. show ends. There is supposed to be something left to the imagination that allows us to run the conclusion through our minds and picture what the future will be like and 'House' accomplished it beautifully in their bittersweet ending to a glorious 8 year run. They tried to bring back characters like Kutner, Amber and Stacy whose marks had been left on the show and it seemed a little unnecessary bringing them back if Cuddy could not be there since she was just as much of a force in House's life as the others. The only hallucination I enjoyed was Cameron and it was nice to see her back for the final episode as thoughts of her persisted with the fans since she left in season 6. In the previous 7 seasons, Hugh Laurie has bee nominated for 6 Emmys (omitted for season 2) and he has NEVER won. Robert Sean Leonard has never even been nominated!! A shame since he is largely responsible for who House is as a person and as a doctor. If Leonard isn't at least nominated and if Laurie doesn't WIN his long deserved award, it will be a shame. We'll see what the fall awards bring. Thank you David Shore and everyone for a great 8 year run and lots of years ahead in DVD repeats that I will be enjoying.