House

Everybody Dies

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 21, 2012 on FOX

• Just not good enough.

One of the charms or failings in House is his attitude towards others. This has been the cornerstone of the series and there has been times where his emotional sides come out. These are the best episodes in my opinion.

For a finale, I expected similar. Where House talks, cry's and opens up to either Wilson or even one of his crew. We get none of that here.

There are some pointless cameos which represent Houses mind but it feels so tacked on. I will admit, the last episode I watched from house was about 5 episodes back, but there are so many unanswered questions and for a series whose main character cannot leave a puzzle unsolved, this was ironic.

Why was house at this building? I gathered it was to do with heroine, but there has been times in the series where he dabbled in drugs. Having one heroine addict tell him that heroine will make him feel better was enough to make house try some? Why was this man dead? Overdose? His illness? House killed him to be kind? None of this is explained.

Also, why is the building on fire? Never explained.

I also didn't buy Houses last minute change of heart. After all the episodes, all the things he has seen and been through, the sadness, the relationships. It took his subconscious to say to him, you are a coward, for him to wake up and have a change of heart?

Also, for someone who had a change of heart, he seemed to be his old jerk self at the end, meaning he learnt nothing. What I would have loved is him breaking down with Wilson, saying sorry and that he wishes things could have been different. Show us that he has truly changed for the better, rather than implying it. Show, don't tell, remember?

Overall, I felt this was a let down. It was genuinely funny in parts, moving in others but not enough to end this mammoth and epic series. Ending a series is hard to do, but it can be done. Did the writers of this episode even watch any previous ones?

Now come forth and rate this down into oblivion, simply because I don't agree with the masses.
USA