House

Everybody Dies

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 21, 2012 on FOX

• House ends with a whimper

and, unfortunately, not with a bang. While the writing wasn't very original, it had its moments, but the plot was entirely concocted so as to keep us hanging as regards to whether the series, which follows House on his path of self-destruction, will end in his complete obliteration or in his absolution.

The series ends, as you might suspect, with neither.

The whole mock funeral was so ineffective, even if I was happy to see some of the old stars. Also, Wilson and Foreman denying House the pleasure of getting out of his seemingly impossible mess. Yeah, very dramatic, very very whatthehell effect. Moreover, since the opening scene, it was clear how it would end. I shed no tear, I felt almost nothing.

Basically, the series ended the only way it could. House being a sad old egotistical man really intent on satisfying his wishes, unable to move forward or to move back or to move anywhere at all. Faking his own death wasn't in the least successful, if you ask me. Forced a bit, to think House will actually change something about his life. In fact, the ending offers no illusion of House moving on. Au contraire. This is a mediocre finale of a season, not the finale of the whole series. Perhaps there will be a movie ha! Or not.