House

Everybody Dies

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 21, 2012 on FOX

• Color me sufficiently disappointed

While it was emotional as any series finale would or should be, it was annoying unoriginal. I don't mean that it should have been original to stand out amongst all other TV shows, but rather original compared to other episodes of House! I mean, they reused a lot of elements that were played out since season five. I found the lack of Cuddy to be extremely upsetting.

I stopped watching this show after season 7 (I should have stopped after the first episode of season 6, though), only to come back and watch the finale. There were elements of the episode that were interesting and well-done such as PART of what they did with House and Wilson and the motorcycles (spoiler). However, the fact that Wilson got cancer was really annoying. I mean, it's so easy for a show to score points with that cop-out. If it's down in the ratings well there's an easy remedy, just give someone cancer and a sad death episode and voila!

The funeral scene was pretty neat anyway. I don't know. I mean how did this show go from being some of the best ANYTHING on TV in the first few seasons just being dried up and tired? Bummer. It's just like I said in an episode review for season 6 or 7, they spent way too much time with the storyline about House being semi-open and accepting of his situation being all introspective and what not. There were moments here and there in the older episodes but that's all it was. Moments. For the most part, the show while being serious was very funny and clever. Ever since the end of season 5 it's just been depressing.

I'm rambling. I think you get my point. That's where the writers went wrong. Goodbye House.
OXYGN