House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

House's Bio

doarpr

[1]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 16

I thought it would be cool to gather all the information we have so far on House's life, from the bits and pieces we get from each episode, so that we can have the data and can refer to it when discussing his pros and cons...

Anything anyone remembers - would be great - including his favorite music, drinks, food, friends, languages he speaks, etc.

Here are a couple of things I've gathered so far:

He's 47 years old (Meaning), "was born in a log cabin in Illinois" (Detox)

His father was a marine pilot, his mother a housewife. He's an only child. (Daddy's boy). Due to his father's job he spent time as a child in Egypt (Clueless) and Japan (SOCG)

He met Stacy about 10 years ago, on a Doctors vs. Lawyers paint shooting (SOCG). They were together for 5 years.

Sports: used to play golf and jog before his surgery. 

Foods he loves: potato chips, pretzels, cold Ruben sandwich w/o pickles, peanut butter sandwiches...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EmiliaRomagna

[2]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 23
    This is a cool topic !!!!

ok.. let's see what I remember.... thinking of: Son of a Coma Guy

House became a doctor because he admired that "untouchable" janitor / doctor in the japanese hospital when he was 14 and his father was stationed in Japan
    Edited on 03/17/2007 3:32am

tuckgraph

[3]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    Knew Cuddy in college, who knew he was "insane" before she hired him. I really need the dvd's to participate in this!

Jokeruniverse

[4]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    doarpr wrote:

He met Stacy about 10 years ago, on a Doctors vs. Lawyers paint shooting (SOCG). They were together for 5 years.

Somehow I doubt he was telling the truth when he said that... In and earlier episode (forgot which) he said he met her at a strip club (am I right or does my memory fail me?)

Languages he can speak, as far as we know: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Hindi

EmiliaRomagna

[5]Mar 17, 2007
    Jokeruniverse wrote:

he can mock Chases aussi accent and do a fantastic "fake" british accent

Jokeruniverse

[6]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 3

EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    Jokeruniverse wrote:

he can mock Chases aussi accent and do a fantastic "fake" british accent

That British-faking-American-faking-British accent was the best accent ever in the history of TV.

olgkap

[7]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 18

There was a line in ''Humpty-Dumpty" about House and Stasy met in a strip joint ,but I think ,it was a jock,although,who knows,maybe she did buy him a drink(how else she could spent two dollars "on him'') after paintball tornament?

He was thrown out some program in Hopkins after chiting on P.Weber(could it be math exam?there was ''math skills" mentioned).

He was fired by four hospital administrators(four different hospitals,I suppose) before Cuddy hired him 6(8???where was a contradiction on this matter in writing) years ago(in thirst season).

Please,forgive me spelling mistakes,I am abroad and nothing works properly in this damn country,even spelling checking program on TV.com!At least I can read the board and maybe send this misspeld message.

prosen8966

[8]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 9

Jokeruniverse wrote:
    That British-faking-American-faking-British accent was the best accent ever in the history of TV.

KMTaber

[9]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    Jokeruniverse wrote:
    doarpr wrote:

Somehow I doubt he was telling the truth when he said that... In and earlier episode (forgot which) he said he met her at a strip club (am I right or does my memory fail me?)

He was telling the truth in 'Son of Coma Guy', and joking in 'Humpty Dumpty' about the strip club. House tends to lie to hide his personal life. However, when he promises to do something, he will follow through. He promised to answer Gabe's questions in order to get answers. So, I would go with the paintball meeting. Also, I could not see Stacy being in a strip club for any reason.

doarpr

[10]Mar 17, 2007
    Jokeruniverse wrote:
    doarpr wrote:

You could be right about that, and Olgkap also mentioned Stacy said they met in a bar. However, I tend to believe most of the things he said on SOCG - he was relatively open and sincere in this episode.... but of course with House you never know

As for his education - he has double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology.

He went to Hopkins and was supposed to get the Doyle internship at the Mayo Clinic (Distractions), yet was thrawn out because Weber "ratted on him" for cheating (not sure on what).

He and Cuddy went to Michigan - she said (Humpty Dumpty) that she was then an undergraduate and he was "already a legend" - can't be sure if that was before or after he was expelled from Hopkins?

help anyone?

KMTaber

[11]Mar 17, 2007
    doarpr wrote:
    Jokeruniverse wrote:
    doarpr wrote:

You could be right about that, and Olgkap also mentioned Stacy said they met in a bar. However, I tend to believe most of the things he said on SOCG - he was relatively open and sincere in this episode.... but of course with House you never know

As for his education - he has double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology.

He went to Hopkins and was supposed to get the Doyle internship at the Mayo Clinic (Distractions), yet was thrawn out because Weber "ratted on him" for cheating (not sure on what).

He and Cuddy went to Michigan - she said (Humpty Dumpty) that she was then an undergraduate and he was "already a legend" - can't be sure if that was before or after he was expelled from Hopkins?

help anyone?

One could say that House noticed Stacy when she shot him playing paintball, but actually talked and met Stacy in a bar afterwards. Chances are if this was a set up game, a bar or drinking would have followed. It is pretty typical for work related after-hours fun.

He did not get thrown out of Hopkins, but out of the intership programs. Internship comes after completing the medical degree, so he would have been graduated from Hopkins and then prevented from going to the Doyle internship at the Mayo Clinic. So, Cuddy would have known House at Michigan when both were undergrads.

doarpr

[12]Mar 17, 2007

KMTaber wrote:
    One could say that House noticed Stacy when she shot him playing paintball, but actually talked and met Stacy in a bar afterwards. Chances are if this was a set up game, a bar or drinking would have followed. It is pretty typical for work related after-hours fun. .

Makes sense. Could indeed be a combination of both. At least it establishs the fact that House did go out and had fun at one point or another...

I just remembered that when he went on the date with Cameron, he mentioned that the restaurant they were in was a bar before - maybe that was the same bar (what would Freud think of that??? )

KMTaber wrote:
    He did not get thrown out of Hopkins, but out of the intership programs. Internship comes after completing the medical degree, so he would have been graduated from Hopkins and then prevented from going to the Doyle internship at the Mayo Clinic. So, Cuddy would have known House at Michigan when both were undergrads.

O.K. then - he went to Michigan, then Hopkins.

But as Cuddy is younger then him, and she said "he was already a legened" when she was an undergrad, I assume he probably was on his last year or so when she was on her first.

I still can't establish when he met with Wilson - I know they didn't go to school together (Wilson went to McGill). I'll check that up.

ecf1141

[13]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 7

Under "Foods he loves" :

Macadamia Nut Pancakes 
    (Preferably cooked by Wilson)

...I'll think of some other things later.

KMTaber

[14]Mar 17, 2007
    doarpr wrote:
    But as Cuddy is younger then him, and she said "he was already a legened" when she was an undergrad, I assume he probably was on his last year or so when she was on her first.

I still can't establish when he met with Wilson - I know they didn't go to school together (Wilson went to McGill). I'll check that up.

That would be my guess about Cuddy and House relationship at Michigan. Maybe we will get more information about the House/Wilson relationship in the episode where Wilson's second wife shows up.

doarpr

[15]Mar 17, 2007
    ecf1141 wrote:

Under "Foods he loves" :

Macadamia Nut Pancakes 
    (Preferably cooked by Wilson)

...I'll think of some other things later.

... and anything else that Wilson cooks for that matter..

and also - Marylad crab (invites Stacy in Failure to Communicate), Pasta Putannesca (date with Cameron) and hot dogs (eats a pile of them on MLC)...

But will never be bothered with cooking, or washing the dishes...

Loves coffee, preferably in the red mug. 

Hates herbal teas: (Autopsy) "what the hell is this??" "Cameron: "Black Walnut and ginger tea..." tries his best to be polite - "nice"....

Edited on 03/17/2007 10:19am
    Edited 2 total times.

EmiliaRomagna

[16]Mar 17, 2007
    doarpr wrote:
    Hates herbal teas: (Autopsy) "what the hell is this??" "Cameron: "Black Walnut and ginger tea..." tries his best to be polite - "nice"....

I think you get in huge trouble with the Hameron shippers because they see it as great HAM moment, like if he would love her tea

gnatarino

[17]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 5

I had forgotten about the tea moment, I remember! Made me giggle,

Edited on 03/17/2007 10:49am

doarpr

[18]Mar 17, 2007

EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    doarpr wrote:
    Hates herbal teas: (Autopsy) "what the hell is this??" "Cameron: "Black Walnut and ginger tea..." tries his best to be polite - "nice"....

I think you get in huge trouble with the Hameron shippers because they see it as great HAM moment, like if he would love her tea  

Poor things, they see everything as a Ham moment. I admire their persistence...

doarpr

[19]Mar 17, 2007

KMTaber wrote:
    That would be my guess about Cuddy and House relationship at Michigan. Maybe we will get more information about the House/Wilson relationship in the episode where Wilson's second wife shows up.

There are a few spoilers floating around that say that. I'm reall looking forward to get some new info - on Wilson as well.

doarpr

[20]Mar 17, 2007

Oh and what about his favorite TV show?

what was the soap he used to love watching on season 1?

Other then that, he mentioned watching "The L word" (on mute... ) can't remember now on which episode. Also the OC, but there were more before Evil Tritter   showed up...