House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

House's Bio

doarpr

[61]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 16

House became a doctor to treat illnesses, not patients.

He thinks humanity is over rated.

He will make up the time he has missed on clinic duty in 2054.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EmiliaRomagna

[62]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 23
    doarpr wrote:
    But I ask you - how can a grown up who loves red lolipops NOT be real?

He is real on a certain level, isn't he? How else would "Millions of people obsessed with him"??

Maybe because the actor makes House so real ? I think that's the point

doarpr

[63]Mar 18, 2007
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    doarpr wrote:
    But I ask you - how can a grown up who loves red lolipops NOT be real?

He is real on a certain level, isn't he? How else would "Millions of people obsessed with him"??

Maybe because the actor makes House so real ? I think that's the point

Oh that's for sure! But at the very same time, I have to insist: House is real!

Nothing you can say will make me change my mind.

Just like the Hams, I'm very persistant and will not let the facts make any difference!

***********************************************************************************

House: My will may be weak but my backbone is strong. And pain-free now that I’ve stopped using the cane. Of course it’s harder to look down Cuddy’s shirt. But then the vantage point on her ass is much improved. But then that’s just me – always looking on the bright side! I’m the guy who said her c-cups are half full!
    ************************************************************************************

Unreal!!... errr... real.....

Education16

[64]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    Where did you hear that?

Education16

[65]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    Where did you hear that?

doarpr

[66]Mar 18, 2007

Education16 wrote:
    Where did you hear that?

Heard what? the quote? That was on Needle and Haystalk.

Edited on 03/18/2007 3:14pm

EmiliaRomagna

[67]Mar 18, 2007
    and still I believe.... you need treatment..... by Dr. ...... Foreman 

ecf1141

[68]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 7

I'm with Doarpr HOUSE IS REAL!

House gap

House thinks that treating patients is what makes most doctors miserable.

House thinks McPhearson is a horrible doctor. He heard he tortured kittens.
    House thinks McDonald is a wonderful doctor. Loves kittens.

House didn't highlight his hair because smugness is easier to maintain.

House can be a jerk to people he hasn't slept with...he's that good.

doarpr

[69]Mar 18, 2007

EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    and still I believe.... you need treatment..... by Dr. ...... Foreman 

Oh you're not serious!! If I do need to get treated by any doctor (and I do! ) then at least let my favorite doctor treat my symptoms.. I'm not asking for too much, am I? Have a heart, I've been suffering of HGD for almost 3 weeks now....

ecf1141 wrote:
    I'm with Doarpr HOUSE IS REAL!

Right on!

House can't cry. And he can't run. Girls can't hold him for too long because he only pays for an hour.

The bathroom's 50 feet from his office so for every drink of water, he weighs the pros and cons.

House got shot. Cameron thinks he was shot because he's a jerk, not because he's in pain. House thinks some people think these two are connected. (Insensitive)

Every once in a while, and happily not too often, he will have a "bad taste day" and will wear a pink shirt with a horrible stripped green jacket, but other then that, he knows how to dress. He loves faded jeans, cool T-shirts and jackets. Though he hates ties, he would wear a Tux when he has to (All In) and we can only thank him for that!  

He wore reading glasses for the first time on Half Wit. They were horrible and old fashioned. He will probably get new cool ones soon enough though!

On top of the sports he likes that were mentioned earlier, he loves the skateboard, and enjoyed skating when he was on the Ketamine. Unfortunately, that didn't last for long. (Meaning). Now he can only go to the Joggíng park, to "sit, watch and imagine".

olgkap

[70]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 18

I think he was a very athletic man ''before his leg" ,that makes him suffer his cripleness more than non athletic people would.(Remember how he grasps his cane while looking at the kid playing lacrosse at the of "Paternity").He has a lot of lines about bowling in several eps.,so I can imagine him being quiet a bowler too.May be his inability to do many physical activities he loved before plus the fact that he's "competitive by nature" made him discover ball playing ,yo-yoing etc.He,also,very good at throwing small eatable objects(Vicodin,animal crackers) up in the air and catching them by his mouth.(Not an easy thing to do,I've tried myself).

House really need to be alone,if he has to think hard,which made him hang a stethoscope on the door nob while he was living with Wilson.He believed it could be justified as "sex without other people" and it hat to take a lot of time ,because he needs "a long foreplay and cuddling afterwords".Pictures of artificial heart valves is the best "visual aid" for this kind of "sex".("Safe")

P.S.Do you remember the story of Pygmalion?He made the sculpture of a beautiful girl,fell in love with her and...she turned to real,alive woman.We can do it too by "verbally visualise" House and... you know the rest.LOL.

Edited on 05/01/2007 1:55pm

KMTaber

[71]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 11
    House was athletic, or at least physically active.  His friend was hurt while they were rock climbing, he met Stacey playing paintball, was playing golf when he had the infarction, and there have been other references.

lalaloand

[72]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    doarpr wrote:

Olgkap you are an amazing source of information!

House also loves to bet - with people (Paternity, Humpty Dumpty) and on horses (Deception).

His friend from college, Crandal, calls him the G-man

He plays the piano and the gitar.

Music he likes: Jazz (DNR), classical music (lots of eps) any other types anyone noticed?

The Boomtown Rats (I don't like Mondays)

I love Boomtown Rats. I was talking to myself when I heard him play the beginning of that song on the piano. I couldn't figure out which one it was! He can juggle and yo-yo.

lalaloand

[73]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    He might like the ice hockey team the Flyers. Wilson said something or another about them to House in an episode, but I can't remember which one. it was "Distractions" or "Need to Know" I think...

doarpr

[74]Mar 19, 2007

olgkap wrote:
    Do you remember the story of Pigmalion?He made the sculpture of a beautiful girl,fell in love with her and...she turned to real,alive woman.We can do it too by "verbally visualise" House and... you know the rest.LOL.

Yes that's where were heading...

You're all right - he was very athletic and into sports before his surgery, so being disabled is devastating for him and had a huge impact on his life after that. That's why he fought so hard not to let cut his leg of and/or remove necrotic tissue - even though he put his life at risk because of that. ("It’s my leg. It’s my life.")

Golf was such an important thing in his life - important enough that just before he was put in the chemically induced coma he told Stacy " I’ll see you when I wake up. We’ll go golfing. I love you." He keeps his Golf clubs in his closet until now.

He would give up his leg to save Stacy's life, but not his.

He's not "big on middled ground", he's says he's "more of a jerk then an idiot". He diagnosed himself both for the infraction and then with White complex tachycardia that led to a cardiac arrest.

He was was technically dead for over a minute. He saw visions then, and thinks they were real experiences. But he "chooses to believe that the white light people sometimes see visions, that this patient saw, they’re all just chemical reactions that take place when the brain shuts down. because there’s no conclusive science".

"My choice has no practical relevance to my life, I choose the outcome I find more comforting. I find it more comforting to believe that this simply isn’t a test. ( Three Stories)

As much as I remember, only Stacy and his mom call him Greg.

Edited on 03/18/2007 11:40pm

EmiliaRomagna

[75]Mar 19, 2007
    doarpr wrote:
    As much as I remember, only Stacy and his mom call him Greg.

But he tells people to call him Greg:

Hello sick people and their loved once .. (.... ) I'm doctor Gregory House, you can call me Greg

lunabrava

[76]Mar 19, 2007
    House\HL is right handed like Cameron and Chase, as opposed to Foreman,Cuddy and Wilson who predominantly use their left hand.

pumpkinhead2

[77]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    He rides his bike like a maniac. He tried to get some speeding tickets fixed up in Euphoria. Also got pulled over by Tritter for speeding. Likes big trucks as well. He has a romantic streak (got Cameron a corsage for their date). There seems to be a lot of familiararity between him and Cuddy ... enough to make me wonder whether or not they might not have been more than just friends in the past.

olgkap

[78]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 18

House doesn't vote,but he is very open-minded in that matter :he suppose there can be black and even black gay President someday (the only combination he doesn't see happening -black,gay and dead,obviously).

He doesn't believe in God and has " a problem with the whole "believe" concept".He thinks people pray to God,because they are afraid God will "crush them like bugs" otherwise.He believes,although,(I think it's the right word here) people can live with dignity,but can't die with it,because when human body brakes down it's always ugly and there is no dignity in it(I can't agree more with that one).

House knows there are things he can't do and that he needs th live with the reality,but sometimes he behaves like a stubborn boy against this reality(infamous speech for Vogler,refuse to take Tritter's deal,the anonymous letter after blackmail in "Mistake"(that even I don't understand)).

House "hates people and he's fascinated by them"(Wilson).People don't bug him until they got teeth.He,also,likes crazy people,likes the way they think - they are not boring.(Chase).I think that to do something or to deal with someone BORING are the things House hates most.

P.S.I'm not sure 40 miles per our(House's speed when Trwitter stooped him) is that high.Sure,it was in "25 miles" zone,but still...

Edited on 05/01/2007 1:56pm

KMTaber

[79]Mar 19, 2007
    In the US, 40 in a 25 residential zone is a big no-no.  That could be a couple hundred dollar fine.  Something about kids and people walking around the neighborhood and it being dangerous to go too fast.
    Edited on 03/19/2007 8:20am

CookieCountry3

[80]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    He likes the song Teenage Wasteland