House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

House's Bio

  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [161]Apr 3, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

     For lack of time, I'm not going to comment on all the interesting points you've made, Dakotagirl, so I'll just refer to your last 2 questions  

    Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    I sometimes wonder if House's insights into relationships/infidelity was learned from studying his parents. It could be possible that at one point in their marriage, John or Blythe had an affair without the other knowing about it. House may have found out but was told not to say anything.

    I really don't see anything that can support this theory from the information we got so far. I feel it's not so likely - his mother seems to me to be the kind of woman who married young to her highschool boyfriend and never dared thinking about other men. And his father? - "the insane moral compass" ? - he may have thought about it, but he is such a man of honor and rules that once again I find it unlikely. But as House fans we can't ignore the power of deducting by intuition , so you may end up to be right after all!

    Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    And one final thing that I am curious about-Is House really John's son? I suppose it is biologically possible to two brown-eyed people to have a blue eyed child. What got me thinking about this was the episode, Paternity, where House was so obsessed with getting a DNA sample from the boy's parents because didn't think that the father was bioligicall the father based upon the eye color of the parents. It turned out that the boy was adopted. Could House be adopted as well?

    From the copy I have of Daddy's Boy - House's father has blue eyes, so your theory that he may be adopted because they both have brown eyes doesn't seem to be corret, unless I'm seeing it wrong? Even if they both had brown eyes, I think there's always a chance the child can have blue eyes if one of the grandparents on two sides had blue eyes. I think that when House obssesed about it in Paternity, he just used it as a reason because he had a hunch but needed to give a more rational explanation to his stuff and to Wilson. But I may be wrong about that.

    In any case, I believe if there was even the slightest option for that, House would be the first to explore it eagerly! I think that was probably his childhood dream - to find out his abusing father is not really his father - and I'm sure he checked it out again and again over the years....

    But thinking about his father reminded me of his question when they were in the cafeteria on DB - "any new babes you want to tell me about?"- and his mother tells him "leave him alone, John". It seems like a routine: his father tries to communicate with him by "men talk", which House resents, and his mother tries to smooth things between them. It's definitely not the type of family who would have an open discussion on things like love or sex, or anything else for that matter. hmm. Still a lot to discover...

     

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgkap

    olgkap

    [162]Apr 3, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,499

    I realy,realy don't want anybody to see this comment as ganging up on Dakota Girl's opinion,but I have to agree with Doarpr,I'm too don't see any possibility for House's parents to had an affairs,for mother it would be 100% out of described carachter and for father...well,I don't think,even if he would be anfair,anybody knew.

    Belive it or not ,I did checked the father's eyes,the color is (o,we've heard this word so  many times!) inconclusive.I even put it on pause,still I can't say,is it gree-brown-grey  or green-dark grey,they are sertanly not bright blue as House's eyes,though.But it realy does not matter for the  reasons Doarpr have given.

    As long as we on the parents subject,I still can't come in terms with the abusive father idea,I think it's because the way R.Lee Ermey  played his part.I suppose they didn't plan make father a child abuser at the time of "Daddy's Boy". Kill me,he has so much kindness and pain and unsertanty in his nobody-knows-which-damn-color-it-is eyes,that my mind refuses to belive the ODOR story.

    The "I had a funny uncle" is to me ,also ,not the referense to the real person,but just a figure of speach House used once.I don't think we would ever know for sure.

    I wanted to write more on "Hose on sex"(Cameron and Wilson,minimum speculations,just the guotes) but it's 8.55.It's House time! 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emmep

    emmep

    [163]Apr 3, 2007
    • member since: 03/20/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 38
    House is not immune to babies. He was visibly affected by the baby in tonight's episode. At the end of the show he looks at his fingers and you can suppose he is thinking about how the baby's fingers were holding his finger during the surgery.

    He also likes the movie Aliens and watching animal shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgkap

    olgkap

    [164]Apr 3, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,499

    Well,I think I was wrong about us never know for sure if House realy had a "funny uncle" or it was just one of his "distructing jockes".Today we have  House:Any of you guys ever been to the Galapogos?

                                      Cameron:Youmean to do what,relax

                                       House:Visiting a family.My uncle's a giant  turtle.

    So,now we can be pretty sure where wasn't any "fanny uncle"or he has to have a turtle one too.Do they have someone to read forums ,so  they would know what is the audience's concern?Like the existence of the "funny uncle" or all the shipping stuff?Because it seams like they do.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [165]Apr 4, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    emmep wrote:
    House is not immune to babies. He was visibly affected by the baby in tonight's episode. At the end of the show he looks at his fingers and you can suppose he is thinking about how the baby's fingers were holding his finger during the surgery.

    Yes he definitely has a soft spot for babies and kids - he certaily had a lot to think about once the fetus held his fingure. Thought as we could see on Fetal Position if he thinks the baby risks the mother's life he would make the right medical decision anytime. In Babies and Bathwater he made the opposite decision, as he could save the baby but not the mother.
    His intercations with kids at the clinic are alwasy great - he always sides with them, sometimes against their parents (the chubby kid who didn't want a low sug cake for her birthday, or the kid on Needle: "Jack, is your momma a big fat liar???" )

    Thanks for bringing that up. There's still a lot to write about this topic. *goes to start some notes re babies and kids *

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dakotagirl823

    Dakotagirl823

    [166]Apr 4, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,568
    olgkap wrote:

    Well,I think I was wrong about us never know for sure if House realy had a "funny uncle" or it was just one of his "distructing jockes".Today we have  House:Any of you guys ever been to the Galapogos?

                                      Cameron:Youmean to do what,relax

                                       House:Visiting a family.My uncle's a giant  turtle.

    So,now we can be pretty sure where wasn't any "fanny uncle"or he has to have a turtle one too.Do they have someone to read forums ,so  they would know what is the audience's concern?Like the existence of the "funny uncle" or all the shipping stuff?Because it seams like they do.



    I tend to slightly disagree with you. House mentioned his funny uncle to Foreman in Skin Deep, not other duckling. I tend to think that House mad that comment about his uncle being a turtle because he wasn't going to talk about anything personal, like family with Cameron. I think he's tired of having her dig into his private life without his permission.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [167]Apr 4, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    olgkap wrote:
    As long as we on the parents subject,I still can't come in terms with the abusive father idea,I think it's because the way R.Lee Ermey  played his part.I suppose they didn't plan make father a child abuser at the time of "Daddy's Boy". Kill me,he has so much kindness and pain and unsertanty in his nobody-knows-which-damn-color-it-is eyes,that my mind refuses to belive the ODOR story.

    I see your point - it is hard to believe such a nice man can do what House said he did, yet isn't it the case with a lot of abusing paretns? they don't look like demons - they're the everyday folks who most of the time don't even think they're doing something wrong - "they were just trying to make their kids behave and did it for his own good". In DB, House tells Cuddy he hates his father even before we met him. He tries to avoid meeting his paretns at all costs - even agrees to do more clinic hours! It says a lot. Also the dialogue between him and his Dad showed very little simpathy on both sides. When he told his father he was dealing with a complicated case his father said "we'll get back when things are not so out of control", then told him "your problem is you don't know how lucky you are" when they were discussing his disability - all this indicates to me that his father definitely has the potential to be an abuser, as nice and as old as he may look now.  

    olgkap wrote:
    Well,I think I was wrong about us never know for sure if House realy had a "funny uncle" or it was just one of his "distructing jockes".Today we have  House:Any of you guys ever been to the Galapogos?  Cameron:You mean to do what, relax House:Visiting a family.My uncle's a giant  turtle. So,now we can be pretty sure where wasn't any "fanny uncle"or he has to have a turtle one too.

    I see your point - not that it necessarily means he didn't have a "funny uncle", but it is a very Houseian type of humor and you never know if it's for real or not - the funny, not the turtle......

    olgkap wrote:
    Do they have someone to read forums ,so  they would know what is the audience's concern?Like the existence of the "funny uncle" or all the shipping stuff?Because it seams like they do.

    I'm pretty sure they do - there are many indications that a lot of the things that came up in the forums were used in the writing - "it's never lupus", the reference to House's using his cane on the wrong hand and more. So, this means we need to keep up with our good work!....  

    Edited on 04/04/2007 4:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dakotagirl823

    Dakotagirl823

    [168]Apr 4, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,568
    I was going to add-House mentioned an aunt in his phone message to his mother at the end of Merry Little Christmas, an Aunt Sally. It's possible that House's funny uncle was Sally's husband. None of the ducklings know about House's aunt. Let's not jump in and conclude that House doesn't have an uncle.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [169]Apr 4, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    I was going to add-House mentioned an aunt in his phone message to his mother at the end of Merry Little Christmas, an Aunt Sally. It's possible that House's funny uncle was Sally's husband. None of the ducklings know about House's aunt. Let's not jump in and conclude that House doesn't have an uncle.

    Good point - I completely forgot about that!

    So he did have an uncle - the question is if the uncle was "funny" or if House used that as a distraction when he talked to Foreman about abuse - didn't want to talk about his father as if it would reveal too much and ended up making it slightly funny and unreal by saying he had a "funny" uncle. I don't want to think about the other option - that he was abused by both his father and his "funny" uncle. That'll be too much for me to bear!  

    Edit: just remembered that on that call to his paretns on MLC he says "hey mom" - not "hey mom and dad" .He just ingnores his dad completely when it comes to wishing his paretns a mery xmas. Shows how much he detests him.

    Also, he mentions his father "is in the eggnog" - it can indicate his faher has some bad drinking habits. 

    also - talking about relatives - he mentioned on ODOR his Grandma - said he called her Oma and that she was Dutch.

    Edited on 04/04/2007 4:53am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgkap

    olgkap

    [170]Apr 5, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,499
    Dear Dakotagirl, of coarse you can disagree with me about House having an uncle or the uncle being “funny”, all I have is one line from the show ,but I’m so grateful for “slightly” ,it’s comforting to know nobody is going “to push, until it breaks” during our discussions.
    House and Wilson. There’s one point everybody would agree, House always wanted his “for himself”. At first sight it seems very selfish of House ,but if we would track Wilson’s personal struggle throughout all 3 seasons, maybe House is right(as always, well, almost always) : maybe Wilson should “learn to love himself”(“Fools for Love’’)
    House knows him too well to be mistaken .That’s how he deduced Wilson’s about to fell for someone(again!) in “Poison”,” Last three months same five ties. Thursday should be that paisley thing. ”and it’s not a gift from Wilson’s wife, because “Julie hates green”(he knows that?!),so Wilson bought that himself, because he “wants look pretty at work”….Than House notices that Wilson’s wearing new (French) shoes (it’s interesting, House’s believe that shoe’s never lied(“Kids”) is one more reference to Sherlock Holmes)” solid, yet stylish .A professional woman would be impressed…accountant. Actuary maybe. It’s somebody in the hospital. Patient? No. Chemo’s not sexy.(actually, later(“House vs. God”)Wilson will prove that statement wrong, is that why House will be so pissed of, Wilson would break his logic?)Daughter of a patient. She would certainly have the neediness …(Wilson) needs.” That was the point for Wilson to break .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [171]Apr 5, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    This reminded me that on Histories, when House found out about Wilson's brother, he (ending scene) followed Wilson because he was worried about him. He came and sat with him on the spot he last saw his brother. I thought it was a significant moment in their friendship. House feels that Wilson is too naiive and he can be very protective of him.

    Their relationship is so complicated - it's still a mystery how these two got together in the first place. But as much as Wilson tells House how to live - he doesn't seem to be in a much better place, especially on this season. I think dealing with House's problems helps Wilson deny his own.

    I found it quite interesting that on the last episode, Fetal Position, House didn't consult with Wilson about his vacation plans, nor about anything else for that matter. In fact, now that I come to think about it, I think this was the first ep when they didn't interact at all!  It sure looks quite significant.   * Hmmm, needs to think about that a bit further *

    Edited on 04/05/2007 5:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vampiredawn

    vampiredawn

    [172]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 3,558
    ZOMG!! I cannot believe I missed all the goodies here. Very nice analyses of House indeed. Yes, House is a very caring person, and also a very self protective person.

    There is ONE think I will disagree slightly with. Someone said that cheating was a big no no for House, and he calls on Wilson's continuous flirtations with the female staff to keeop him from cheating. While House hasn't cheated on Stacy, House does not have any high morale on that subject. He slept with Stacy while she was married, and had no problem with that. He's occupied Wilson's time, knowing it kept Wilson from spending time with his wife. And knowing from the upcoming spoilers about Wilson's wife #2 he might as well have been cheated on her with House, timewise and commitmentwise, judging from he resentment of House.

    It is dishonestly House dislikes. House reacts with anger when he finds out Wilson slept with Grace behind his back. He mentions it later in Euforia and once in s. 3, acting like he was betrayed. Wilson can cheat on his wives all he wants, House has never held it against him because at least Wilson told them. The reason he obsesses about Wilson's potential romantic interests is not to keep him from cheating on Julie, it's to keep him from finding someone else to spend time with than him. His behavior towards Wilson talking to women is the same whether or not Wilson is married (compare seasons 1 and 2 to s. 3), so it is not because of some high moral standards, rather for selfish reasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgkap

    olgkap

    [173]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,499

    I agree on everything,except one small thing -House's motivation to prevent Wilson to have any relationship.I don't deny selfishness completely,but I think his main concern was to protect Wilson from the pain of a broken relationship.House knows Wilson tend to look for something,to cheat and can't hide those from his existing wife ergo his relationships will be doomed.By House's logic it's better eliminate all the relationships than suffer though the fallen one (that's ,in my mind ,why his sex life is limited to prostitutes, it's the only guaranteed way for "uncomplicated sex" for him(Cameron should've taken a lesson.LOL.).And he applies his logic on Wilson.I don't think hi is right ,but he sure thinks he is.

    Found one thing which maybe considered a "cultural background" - House's favorite story for children "The Boy,Who Cried Wolf".He's mentioned it twice.The thirst time in "Paternity" to the clinic patient "who-likes-to-sue-doctors","It's ironic is it?Sort of like the boy who sued the wolf.You know I bet we have a doctor named Wolf here.How perfect would that be?" and the second time in "Deception" to Duclings, "House:At the end of The Boy Who Cried Wolf the wolf really does come.Then he eats the sheep,and the boy,and his parents. Chase:The boy does not eat the parents. Hoose:He does when I tell it."( I should probably make the quotes shorter or not to quote at all,but I can't help it,such perfect writing,nothing to cut.) Or maybe it's some of the writers' "cultural background" and I just geting paranoid with all the "Bio" research?LOL

    I hope Emilia is right about why House and Wilson don't "cross their paths" at all in the latest ep.,it was just due to some "technical difficulties",otherwise I have to think they decided to "ruin" the best relationship on the show (Am I a House/Wilson shipper??..Maybe,as far as it's considered friendndship and nothing else) It will be impossible to see our Holmes deprived of his Watson,even Conan Doyl could have not done that.

    Edited on 07/23/2009 7:24am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EmiliaRomagna

    EmiliaRomagna

    [174]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 10/01/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,007

    trust me!!!! I AM right  

     

    I believe also in the next ep there will be hardly Wilson (due to the fact of the plain thing with Cuddy)

     

    maybe RSL has to rehearse for a theater play that would start right after the season shooting is over. He loves theater too much.

     

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [175]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    vampiredawn wrote:
    ZOMG!! I cannot believe I missed all the goodies here. Very nice analyses of House indeed.

    Thank you. We have been trying to peel some of the layers of House - the thing is the more you peel, the more there is to discover... What a fascinating character he is!

    vampiredawn wrote:
    Yes, House is a very caring person, and also a very self protective person.
    There is ONE think I will disagree slightly with. Someone said that cheating was a big no no for House, and he calls on Wilson's continuous flirtations with the female staff to keeop him from cheating. While House hasn't cheated on Stacy, House does not have any high morale on that subject. He slept with Stacy while she was married, and had no problem with that. He's occupied Wilson's time, knowing it kept Wilson from spending time with his wife. And knowing from the upcoming spoilers about Wilson's wife #2 he might as well have been cheated on her with House, timewise and commitmentwise, judging from he resentment of House.

    You have a point here. I agree House wouldn't have a problem with cheating in general, but I felt that when it came to Stacy, it was a big no-no: he was so sure that the minute she slept with him she will tell Mark and leave him, that he didn't even think of it as cheating. To him, she was his ever since she told him he was "the one". He kept mentioning Mark on FTC - even stopped kissing her to ask if she's sure about what she's doing. So when she agreed to sleep with him - he had no doubt that it was a done deal - and the his face on that roof scene said it all. I felt that when he realized it wasn't such a black and while situation for her, he realized that it wouldn't work. He did give her the chance to decide about whether she would end up telling Mark or not, but I think he already made up his mind right there. He is an all-or-nothing type of person. "Not big on middle ground" as Stacy put it. I agree it's not because of high morals - it's all about what feels like "the right thing" to him. It's not like he cares about the social conventions or about Mark - but when it came to Stacy he didn't want her if she wasn't his completely. He wanted to start right from the point she left 5 years ago, then it hit him that there was no way to fill the gap. when she said she still had feelings for Mark (which, of course is obvious to anyone but him...) it was the end of it for him. At least that's how I saw it. So yes, it's not that the cheating was the no-no, it was cheating with Stacy.

    I agree with you that when it comes to Wllson's cheatings he doesn't care about it one bit, as long as Wilson keeps him informed and doesn't "cheat" on him as well. It is indeed the dishonesty that bugs him.

    Yet with that in mind, and on a very different level - House would have no problem with being dishonest if it's done to serve a positive cause - he had no problem telling the kid on The Socratic Method that he was the one who called the social services, so that the kid's mother would be off the hook, also on WYD he lied to the kid about Crandall being her father, and he lied to the son of the coma guy - about what his father said before he died, and there are more examples for that. The thing is, if it's done because it's "the right thing to do" - lying and dishonesty are fine in House's book.

    House: Universe always settles the score. Cuddy: Does it? House: No, but it should.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [176]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    olgkap wrote:
    I agree on everything,except one small thing -House's motivation to prevent Wilson to have any relationship.I don't deny selfishness completely,but I think his main concern was to protect Wilson from the pain of a broken relationship.House knows Wilson tend to look for something,to cheat and can't hide those from his existing wife ergo his relationships will be doomed.By House's logic it's better eliminate all the relationships than suffer though the fallen one (that's ,in my mind ,why his sex life is limited to prostitutes, it's the only guaranteed way for "uncomplicated sex" for him(Cameron should've taken a lesson.LOL.).And he applies his logic on Wilson.I don't think hi is right ,but he sure thinks he does.

    I don't think House wants to prevent Wilson from having a relationship, but after 3 failed marriages, he is right to think that there is a problem here. I don't believe all of Wilson's relationships failed because of his relationship with House. He's a grwon up man and it is up to him to decide how much time he wants to spend with House. Yet it seems Wilson can't enjoy his own company like House does and he just has to be in a realtionship, perferabley with a needy person. For all his preaching to House about how to live and how to perform in society, he has some very serious self esteem problems imo.

    olgkap wrote:
    Found one thing which maybe considered a "cultural background" - House's favorite story for children "The Boy,Who Cried Wolf".He mentioned it twice.The thirst time in "Paternity" to the "clinic patient-who-likes-to-sue-doctors","It's ironic is it?Sorf of like the boy who sued the wolf.You know I bet we have a doctor named Wolf here.How perfect would that be?" and the second time in "Deception" to Duclings, "House:At the end of The Boy Who Cried Wolf the wolf really does come.Then he eats the sheep,and the boy,and his parents. Chase:The boy does not eat the parents. Hoose:He does when I tell it."( I should probably make the quotes shorter or not to quote at all,but I can't help it,such perfect writing,nothing to cut.) Or maybe it's some of the writers "cultural background" and I just geting paranoid with all the "Bio" research.LOL.

    Haha - yes, digging into House can make you a bit paranoid. But in a good way!

    I have a couple of more things re cultural background: House is quite an avid reader - he has tons of books at home, not all of them research books. He quotes classics like Dante on DIYD, and mentions "Ahab" from Herman Melville's "Moby Dick" on MLC. But he also mantions Harry Potter's Voldermort on W&D and he reads "Classic Lesbian Prison Stories" on FTC.... a quite varied range of literary interests, I'd say!  

    olgkap wrote:
    I hope Emilia is right about why House and Wilson don't "cross their paths" at all in the latest ep.,it was just due to some "technical difficulties",otherwise I have to think they decided to "ruin" the best relationship on the show (Am I a House/Wilson shipper??..Maybe,as far as it's considered friendndship and nothing else) It will be impossible to see our Holmes deprived of his Watson,even Conan Doyl could not done that.

    I hope so too!

    Edited on 04/06/2007 1:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vampiredawn

    vampiredawn

    [177]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 3,558

    doarpr wrote:
    This reminded me that on Histories, when House found out about Wilson's brother, he (ending scene) followed Wilson because he was worried about him. He came and sat with him on the spot he last saw his brother. I thought it was a significant moment in their friendship. House feels that Wilson is too naiive and he can be very protective of him.

    Their relationship is so complicated - it's still a mystery how these two got together in the first place. But as much as Wilson tells House how to live - he doesn't seem to be in a much better place, especially on this season. I think dealing with House's problems helps Wilson deny his own.


    Heh, House and Wilson very much used each other to escape reality. And there is no doubt that Wilson is so much the caretaker that he has neglected himself and his own needs.

    Speaking of why they are friends, nomatter how much House berates Wilson for his caring, for his need to be needed, House actually likes that quality in him. He also admired it in his old friend Crandall, who got some kind of satisfaction out of taking care of the Katrina girl. House did not exactly understand it, but he respected it and saw that it was satisfying for Crandall.

    Crandall and Wilson are very much alike, with Wilson being a few steps more "advanced" personality-wise. You, and those who mentioned Crandall here, should read this essay on House's relationship with Crandall and how it pertains to his friendship with Wilson. Please ignore the shipper nicknames and the one notion of romantic feelings - even though it is not written with slash in mind, it is still written by a H/W fan.

    doarpr wrote:
    I found it quite interesting that on the last episode, Fetal Position, House didn't consult with Wilson about his vacation plans, nor about anything else for that matter. In fact, now that I come to think about it, I think this was the first ep when they didn't interact at all! It sure looks quite significant. * Hmmm, needs to think about that a bit further *


    Alright. You're touching on something very important here. As much as I regret the lack of House and Wilson's codependency, there is no doubt that their friendship is much healthier this way, especially for Wilson. He took a step back from his involvement in House, and that's probably good and will give him more energy to focus on himself. God I hate saying this

    I don't think there was anything significant of the lack of interaction between them this ep. We got LOTS of scenes with them in the last ep, so it probably just goes up and down. Although it does seem odd that House has not discussed vacation with House, but maybe neither of them really feel like suggesting vacationing together, something I could see them do pre-Tritter, but not now.

    One thing that we haven't seen at all, though, is Wilson hanging out in the diagnostics room. There are so many eps in s. 1 and some in s. 2 where Wilson is just there, for no other reason than House is there. Wilson throws in his two cents with the case, looking for the world like he's part of the team, although he should be super busy with his own department. But the lack of that is probably due to Wilson's disentangling himself from House.

    You know, I have a friend I've known since school, and she and I had such a symbiotic friendship that we barely communicated with words. But it changed, and something happened between us, nothing big but just some small disagreements and misunderstandings. We drifted apart and couldn't really communicate and we took a long break in seeing each other. It's only recently that we've taken up the contact again, and while we were never really on bad terms, we were mentally separated. It has taken us a couple of years to slowly ease back into a friendship again, which is different, and not at all symbiotic like it used to, but we're friends and hang out every now and then and can still have fun, even though it's different now. I still miss how things used to be, but I suppose some friendships just change and there's nothing you can do about that.

    (Speaking of, here's yet another link for ya. It's about how the different ships seem to come into focus a la merry-go-round. If you look at it from this seasonal point, it makes sense.)

    Edited on 04/06/2007 2:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgkap

    olgkap

    [179]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,499

    doarpr wrote:

    You have a point here. I agree House wouldn't have a problem with cheating in general, but I felt that when it came to Stacy, it was a big no-no: he was so sure that the minute she slept with him she will tell Mark and leave him, that he didn't even think of it as cheating. To him, she was his ever since she told him he was "the one". He kept mentioning Mark on FTC - even stopped kissing her to ask if she's sure about what she's doing. So when she agreed to sleep with him - he had no doubt that it was a done deal - and the his face on that roof scene said it all. I felt that when he realized it wasn't such a black and while situation for her, he realized that it wouldn't work. He did give her the chance to decide about whether she would end up telling Mark or not, but I think he already made up his mind right there. He is an all-or-nothing type of person. "Not big on middle ground" as Stacy put it. I agree it's not because of high morals - it's all about what feels like "the right thing" to him. It's not like he cares about the social conventions or about Mark - but when it came to Stacy he didn't want her if she wasn't his completely. He wanted to start right from the point she left 5 years ago, then it hit him that there was no way to fill the gap. when she said she still had feelings for Mark (which, of course is obvious to anyone but him...) it was the end of it for him. At least that's how I saw it. So yes, it's not that the cheating was the no-no, it was cheating with Stacy.

    I'm totally,100% agree.Well you know that already,we discussed House/Stacy a lot,but you summurize it so butifully - it has to be noticed!:! Sorry,can't do "normal" quoting,somehow it doesn't work for me.

    Edited on 04/06/2007 3:26pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doarpr

    doarpr

    [180]Apr 6, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,152

    vampiredawn wrote:
    Heh, House and Wilson very much used each other to escape reality. And there is no doubt that Wilson is so much the caretaker that he has neglected himself and his own needs.

    That is only true up to a certain point. Wilson also has a history of not wanting to enable House to "leave" him. Best example for this is Meaning, when House came back pain free, energetic and eager to work, as close to being happy as he ever was, when he told Wilson "I've changed" Wilson quickly dismissed it, as if afraid it might be true and House won't need him around anymore. Then he went on and manipulated Cuddy into not letting House treat the patient. The scene when he walked into House's office and said "you're not always right House, you've proven that lately", when he clearly knew House was right - erghhh!  that was the biggest betrayal ever and the most crucial moment of House's fall for the whole Tritter arc. Wilson later told House he did it because he "was afraid his wings would melt" but in fact he feared exactly the opposite - that House would freely fly on his own.

    vampiredawn wrote:
    I don't think there was anything significant of the lack of interaction between them this ep. We got LOTS of scenes with them in the last ep, so it probably just goes up and down. Although it does seem odd that House has not discussed vacation with House, but maybe neither of them really feel like suggesting vacationing together, something I could see them do pre-Tritter, but not now.

    Yet they have been shown to gossip (Insensitive) and talk - not like before, but definately not like on Fetal Position when there was suddenly no interaction whatsoever. Not that I mind it that much, I do think both of them need to cool things down and get some time off each other - yet it's strange it's done now. They were interacting evern after the worse times during the Tritter arc and now that it seems that they were on better terms - nothing? I see your point about friends drifting apart and coming back - I think it's pretty common on the whole but here there was no indication for anything, especially on the last episode. So it's either some bad continuity check up or it's intentional. Either way - "It's an anomaly. Anomalies bug me!"

     I'll check out the 2 links you posted soon. Thanks for the refrence.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.