House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Discussion Thread: Body and Soul (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/23/12 episode "Body and Soul" to this thread.

Enjoy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

83optics

[2]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* Australian > nocturnal

* they're real, they're spectacular, and they're medical.

* i'm coming...

* only a proper exorcism can beat that David Blaine levitate-inches-off-the-floor trick.

* hot pink bra: make sex, find out the truth: kill mood

TylerA46

[3]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 11

Still disappointed about this letter thing. Shows, that little or no character development took place in 8 years.

DougClark2

[4]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 3

Gotta agree with you Tyler...at what point do these life lessons start to kick in?

I love me some House, but damned if that guy doesn't keep slamming his head against the same brick walls over and over again. You'd think by now, his rational brain might try a different approach since what he's been doing hasn't worked all that well (when it comes to dealing with friends). I mean sure, he knows he did wrong and feels bad about it...but I'm not sure that quite qualifies as personal growth after a decade

He's like Bones, only twice as cool and way less annoying...but neither seems to be much further advanced than they were in their respective pilots

Edited on 04/24/2012 6:39am

ltcomstella

[5]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 18

bones is twice the woman and much much better than house, house changes to a point but he soon reverts back to his old ways, like the vicodin pill popping. the abusing everyone around him and doing stupid shit any other doctor would be shit canned for..

bones has learned from her mistakes has fallen in love with booth had a baby and is settling down a bit and testing her interns and even showing some emotion and if you haven't seen these things you are blind..

house has always been a self medicating ass hole nut job.

and the wilson has cancer thing was PREDICTABLE maybe not in this episode but i totally saw it coming can't kill house so wilson gets the all expences paid trip to the grim reaper's humble abode..

think i even mentioned wilson 'dying' in a previous post...

drakevest

[6]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 1
    hey itcomstella if u dont like the show that much and ur obviously angry about it why watch it in the first place!

i personally think that the show is GREAT and not one bit of it should be changed, you dont know how house thinks and feels thats why you cant understand why he's doing the things that he is, if u like bones that much then hey good for you but house isnt like her because if he was he'd be boring and no one would watch the show i mean lets face it for a genius she can be pretty dumb.

and I DIDNT PREDICT WILSON HAVING CANCER so like it or not the show is awsome.

SokkaAppa

[7]Apr 24, 2012

Is it wrong to be depressed about the series finale of the show? I always knew a character would die but I thought it would be House. But man Wilson that's low.. and then the Dominka thing. Gosh why couldn't he just ask her to stay! why can't he take risks with his own heart the same why he does with a patient's life. I'm so frustrated and sad and upset and .. ugh. That series finale is going to be soooooooo depressing. I don't know it's worth putting myself through that.

giggs92

[8]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 4
    I never guessed about Wilson so that was a shock. The title of the last show is "Everybody Dies" so I thought House would commit suicide. If Wilson does die, then I think House will end it as he has lost everybody. However if Wilson pulls through maybe someone else dies. I think 13 may be involved as House did promise her he would help her die if it came to it and I'm sure that was not put in for nothing. I think it's going to be sad whatever happens. I'm already sad the series is ending although I think it has run its course.

NeoWilson

[9]Apr 25, 2012
    Wilson's cancer plot is ridiculous .. seriously. And after all those years, House still hasn't learned a thing.

danharr

[10]May 6, 2012
    • level: 45

Man why can't we get House turning into a functioning human being for the last season. We can't have that so they give us Wilson has terminal cancer and Park farting in front of Chase. Wtf that's all I have left at this point.

ltcomstella

[11]May 8, 2012
    • level: 18

drakevest wrote:
    hey itcomstella if u dont like the show that much and ur obviously angry about it why watch it in the first place! i personally think that the show is GREAT and not one bit of it should be changed, you dont know how house thinks and feels thats why you cant understand why he's doing the things that he is, if u like bones that much then hey good for you but house isnt like her because if he was he'd be boring and no one would watch the show i mean lets face it for a genius she can be pretty dumb. and I DIDNT PREDICT WILSON HAVING CANCER so like it or not the show is awsome.

I used to love the show but the last few seasons have had some really bad plot's/ stories in my opinion...i'm not 'angry' just feel very passionate about stuff i have invested time and effort into watching,only to have it ruined by stupid writing/jumping the shark moments..

wilson is an oncologist / he works with cancer patients, so giving himcancer is so obvious that not many would see it coming....

it's a tv character how does anyone know what he thinks/does? i gave up understanding house along time ago so what's you point ?

did i say bone and house are a like no i was pointing out for another poster the difference...

bones boring ?? noshe is only 'dumb' when something new happens and out of her comfort zone/area of expertise the same could be said for other tv shows...even house has his 'dumb moments'..

Edited on 05/08/2012 5:08am