House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Discussion Thread: Hanging On (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 13, 2012
    • level: 100

Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/14/12 episode "Hanging On" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DougClark2

[2]May 14, 2012
    • level: 3
    SOOOO good!

I know folks have grown tired of some of the repeating story arcs and episode formats as well as some of the secondary characters, but House is the engine that drives this show and Wilson really is the chasis

I have absolutely no idea what's in store for the series finale...but I'm DYING to find out how this all ends

SpartXen

[3]May 14, 2012
    • level: 4
    If you don't cry through this episode - from beginning to end - you have no soul. Or possibly you've never seen a single episode, although even the most ignorant should still shed a few tears. This episode was brutally, unapologetically honest. Everything about the characters was moving and heartfelt and absolutely perfect. Nothing was contrived. Nothing felt insincere. Nothing was over the top or out of character. 13 did not drop 'rainbows and unicorns' style inspiration, just an honest analysis of the situation from someone who really understands. House stayed true to himself: conning Wilson at every turn to extend the life of his best friend, even if that meant making Wilson miserable. And in the end, when he finally had his change of heart, we felt like he had earned his revelation. And no sappy "I love you, man" ensued, just a casual "You got any Oreos?" which was so far beyond perfect I cannot stop myself from getting teary-eyes just thinking about it. This is, without a doubt, House at it's absolute best. This was a tear-jerker that wasn't TRYING to be a tear-jerker. It was so everything I have ever loved about House, magnified, times a 100, jam-packed into one episode with beautiful, perfect simplicity. I have never enjoyed an hour of television so much. I will be sad to see this series end.
    (posted this as a review, as well)

I think it's safe to say the series finale is going to be the best finale ever. Of any show. I really haven't been as in love with House lately as I once was, and the show has never been my absolute favourite (always close to the top, just never #1), so for me to concede that this is the best episode of any show I've ever seen is not merely some fangirl reaction. I truly believe this was a spectacular hour of television, and I am absolutely on the edge of my seat for what is bound to be a truly unbelievable series finale. The relationship that the writers have built between House and Wilson is, without a doubt, the most f***ed up, twisted, flawed, absolutely perfect relationship of any two characters on television. It is beautiful, it is powerful, it is believable, and it is insane. I will miss the series more than I realized :'(

83optics

[4]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* sometimes a sock drawer is just a sock drawer.

* Wilson saved Mark Zuckerberg! or at least his actor

* "Thirteen, where have you been?"

"oh, just performing major PDA on Jason Sudeikis."

* Park mixes in a little voice of reason with the cane hit...

* love > con

TylerA46

[5]May 15, 2012
    • level: 11

House stuffing paper in the toilet is just so f***** ridiculous. How can the writers be so f***** retarded?

ltcomstella

[6]May 15, 2012
    • level: 18

TylerA46 wrote:

House stuffing paper in the toilet is just so f***** ridiculous. How can the writers be so f***** retarded? exactamondo !

As far as house going back to prison this was certainly jumping the shark moment for me, foreman gets biggest idiot of the year award for thinking house is going to accept his gesture... he's losing his closest friend and he think a season ticket is going to make up for it?? and how crappy is the plumbing in a hospital not to be able to process paper...

i was hoping the mri water scene was an hallucination... but no

so if house is going back to prison how come in the last episode pic on this site he is still in the hospital and seemingly in the promo ?

PenguinSuzie

[7]May 15, 2012
    • level: 10
    Great episode, but so sad.

althalus69

[8]May 15, 2012
    Ok, I smell a "Thelma & Louise" finale here...but what could be greater then that?

PenguinSuzie

[11]May 15, 2012
    @althalus69 You're not suppose to double post, especially duplicate posts. You just edit them using the drop down menu.

althalus69

[12]May 15, 2012
    I know, the system was acting up. I deleted the double posts.

PenguinSuzie

[13]May 16, 2012

Oh, sorry .

Woodze81

[14]May 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Iwill miss this show.

Edited on 05/16/2012 11:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MrRossZ

[15]May 18, 2012
    • level: 8

I was surprised that they found ANY fingerprints on those tickets - them being in drain/sewage pipes that hold besides the usual stuff also hospital grade detergents - those things should have been soaked in all that - and since prints are left via skin oils, those would have been washed off pretty much immediately

MajLorne

[16]May 18, 2012
    • level: 21
    I was thinking the same thing about the tickets. But as another person said, how crappy is the plumbing where it can't flush paper down the tube? From all the foam, I thought House must've dumped several gallons of cleaning fluid/bubble soap stuff.

I kinda feel 13 was wasted here. If that's all the scenes she gets, then they may as well have left her with that exit towards the early part of the season and not bring her here for a token appearance just to sympathize with Wilson.
    Also sucks that they had to spring the arrest thing when Wilson and House made those plans for those final months. I hope they aren't stupid in putting him back in the same prison from the start of the season as House has made enemies there and I doubt the guard can protect him.

danharr

[17]May 21, 2012
    • level: 45

Wow poster number 3 learn to relax it was a good episode but lets take it down a notch before labeling people soulless. It was very good making Wilson terminal we can't have too many happy ending for House and making him start over without us. He'll get out of jail sans medical license and or Wilson maybe this will make him a real human being for the remainder of his life.