House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Discussion Thread: Office Politics (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 11/8/10 episode "Office Politics" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Nov 8, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode really needed it before the elections but still fun I liked the drama with the new girl. Adding a prodigy was a nice touch and Cuddy finding the lie at the end the look on her face the other shoe is closer to dropping. Funny when Chase, Forman, and Taub ended up in jail and funny Taub so upset when he thought she didn't remember him.

CharlesTheBold

[3]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 7

I'm not a regular viewer of House, and tuned in because of Tamblyn, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The big challenge for the writers was: how to create a foil for Dr. House? She had to successfully stand up to him, yet they had to be careful not to weaken House and make it an easy victory.

Interesting to see Tamblyn play a kid genius this time around, instead of the bewildered teenager. As a mathematics major I particularly loved her line that dealing with House is like walking on a Mobius strip-- it's precisely the sort of metaphor that would occur to a math student. Also the way her characterwould try to stand still yet keep darting her eyes around to keep watch on Dr. House.

dm_esuoh

[4]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 10

Hmm, a na├»ve team member who stuck to her principles. That seems familiar… oh wait we aren't supposed to remember that Cameron was ever around. The writers finally realized they needed someone on the team who wouldn't just do whatever House said and would stick up for the patient.

And this episode also shows why either House and Cuddy can't date or someone else needs to supervise House (even though the board couldn't find anyone). If House and Cuddy aren't dating, House fakes the test with no thoughts towards consequences. Imagine in years past if House woudn't do something illegal just because he didn't want to make Cuddy angry. He probably wouldn't havecured like half his patients.

Edited on 11/09/2010 9:14am

KurtPikachu2001

[5]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    Really good episode. Amber Tamblyn's character seems to be a rather decent one. She's not an outgoing uber-social party girl like Thirteen is, but she's more introverted and very gifted. She reminds me of Chloe from 24. The political ad was very up to date with the times. Liked the subplot with Chase, Taub, and Foreman playing basketball and ending up in jail. It was funny how House kept firing her and at the end Cuddy told him to keep her. I like this Martha Masters character even better than Cameron. Maybe the writers can hook her up with Chase. 4/5.

pgsuperfan

[6]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 25

really funny scene when Taub, Foreman Chase ended up in jail

BoobTubeMania

[7]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 5

Great episode. I really like Amber's character and I hope she stays around for a long time!

haldrey

[8]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 22
    Pretty good episode, at first I kind of disliked Amber's character but by the end of the episode I change my opinion and now I think that the character will work just fine.

SandeepBansal

[9]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 1

Was a great episode, can anyone tell me the name of the melody that was used in the last scene with cuddy. The piano tune. I really would like it.

Thanks

pmfergus

[10]Nov 10, 2010

Can anyone explain Taub's last comment to Masters? It was something about grandma I thought. It kept me up that night trying to figure out how the heck his line tied in.

It was right after she acknowledged that she remembered the interview with him. He blew that off like it was no big deal and then brought up grandma. anyone got any ideas?

BoobTubeMania

[12]Nov 10, 2010

pmfergus wrote:

Can anyone explain Taub's last comment to Masters? It was something about grandma I thought. It kept me up that night trying to figure out how the heck his line tied in.

It was right after she acknowledged that she remembered the interview with him. He blew that off like it was no big deal and then brought up grandma. anyone got any ideas?

He was repeating a line from earlier in the show, when they were discussing lying and she said lying to her grandmother was different than lying to someone else (I can not remember the comparison).

giggs92

[13]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 4

A very good episode. Wonder what the repercussions will be for Cuddy and House.

doggiebag123

[14]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 12

BoobTubeMania wrote:

pmfergus wrote:

He was repeating a line from earlier in the show, when they were discussing lying and she said lying to her grandmother was different than lying to someone else (I can not remember the comparison).

earlier in the episode House asked masters if her grandma gave her a really ugl tea cozie for christmas if she would lie and say she loved it in order to spare her grandmothers feelings, and she said she would. Later in the episode when she said she remembered Taub interviewing her, he said "wait is this Grandma's tea cozie" but she didn't hear him and then he said never mind.

fringelover

[15]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 6
    Seeing more of the supporting characters was great. Lately it's been all House & Cuddy...nice to see Foreman, Chase and Taub....and now Ms. Masters.

Should be good when she really starts to fit in with the team.

Cuddy should know that House is going to do whatever it takes to get his way. Remember: She's the one who said she didn't want him to change.

krentzfan

[16]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 9
    oh come on! do we need another morally uptight dr cameron? only this time it's in the younger version sheesh

BoobTubeMania

[17]Nov 16, 2010

krentzfan wrote:
    oh come on! do we need another morally uptight dr cameron? only this time it's in the younger version sheesh

Well, if she is either going to be a constant pain in his side (for our amusement), or if she's actually going to learn about "the real world", and grow yo understand why House and his team work the way they do (also for our amusement), then I say yes, we do need her.

ellmoe2010

[18]Apr 7, 2013

Thx for answering that question. I have triedrepeatedly to rewind and replay what he says but always fall short to catch what he says.Thanks for catching that line.