House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Discussion Thread: Swan Song/Everyone Dies (possible spoilers)

thewiseonechris

[41]May 24, 2012
    • level: 8

I'd say they left it up to interpretation. In my opinion all of the House problems (the addiction, the selfishness, the self-contempt and inferiority complex, the self-pity, the suicidal thoughts) all go hand-in-hand. He said "I can change"... but will he really?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[42]May 28, 2012
    • level: 45

It was a fitting and well done finale some people are just impossible to please. How did this not look like a series finale what exactly were they supposed to do? All bases were covered House gets his time with Wilson and he finally has a motive other than self interest for living. He came to terms with the past and he walks away from his second addiction medicine what more could you want?

giggs92

[43]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 4

It was a good ending and I felt sure he hadn't died even during the memorial service; just had a gut feeling. It's another Sherlock Holmes moment when he faked his own death. Also Foreman was left the clue with the name tag. As to what will become of House when Wilson dies is upto each person's imagination. Would he kill himself, do something else who knows but I think that's a great way to leave it. Sherlock Holmes found a way to come back so perhaps House goes back to some kind of doctoring one day.

Edited on 06/02/2012 5:20pm

xyzlug

[44]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 2

He could have found his way back to Dominika. She had potential and she loved House.

giggs92

[45]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 4
    Maybe he does end up with Dominika.That's the great thing about the way it ended; we can each give it our own ending.

TerryDoyle

[46]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Well, I liked the final episode but I so did not understand who that was in the window that Wilson sees. Can't be House. And who's the body they drag out? Same person as in the window. The only person that makes even a tiny bit of sense is the cancer patient/heroin addict in the hospital but House would've had to set that up much earlier.

No, the explanation just doesn't work and I don't see one that does.

TerryDoyle

[47]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Good point about the name tag. I don't think we see what Foreman was using earlier for the wobbly table leg. Could've been House's name tag but then Foreman gives a wry smile, so I think Eric knows that House is still afoot. Especially that since Wilson who was working and is now doing the Easy Rider thing with House.

About that: I don't like the fact that Wilson just "has" cancer. He shows no signs of it, but as House says, "Cancer is boring".