House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official House Cancellation Thread

Enquier

[1]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 9

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fox-house-cancelled/?iid=rcfooter-tv-%27house%27%3A+time+to+say+good-bye

I think many of us were expecting this but still sad to see it officially confirmed. The show had a good run.

Edited on 02/08/2012 4:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1thinker

[2]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 19
    I think that it's better to end it before the ratings drop & story lines get worse.

Endoplasmic888

[3]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    no1thinker wrote:
    I think that it's better to end it before the ratings drop & story lines get worse.

You mean after season 4?

Yaspaa

[4]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 79
    No.

drudager

[5]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    It's time. I would had been content if it ended last season & him ending up on that tropical island would had been an amusing end. I didn't like watching House in prison at all & this season seemed pretty hollow with fewer familiar faces and honestly, Taub is very boring.

proczach

[6]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 2
    What? Taub is a ray of sunshine !

watcher1006

[7]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 10

Best to put the show out of its misery. They've really been scraping the bottom of the barrel. How much more outrageous could they make House after what he did last season? Chase and Wilson are still old favorites but the characters have gone nowhere for a while. Forman got a promotion, yay! But Princeton-Plainsboro still feels like Cuddy's domain that she walked away from. And the two new female doctors have not injected much new energy into the story writing, imo.

I gave up on this show after the end of the year. I think that it still has a talented cast and I especially like and respect Hugh Laurie very much. I wish them all well in their careers after the show ends.

showinuse9

[8]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 11
    i say series finale is house going on the Conan obrian show and taking over his late night show and include diagnosing all the celebrities who come on

drudager

[9]Feb 15, 2012
    showinuse9 wrote:
    i say series finale is house going on the Conan obrian show and taking over his late night show and include diagnosing all the celebrities who come on

I'd rather see House cure cancer, AIDS, the national deficit & all drug & substance addictions. I'd rather see him go out as a hero or on his terms. They better not kill him or put him back in a mental hospital.

ltcomstella

[10]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 18

or a lost style ghost/pergatory

i'm totally expecting he's in a coma with stacey as his wife and she actually did cut his leg off...

or he's in a comma with cuddy as his gf after a random accident/vicodyn od

or he and wilson are now lovers and they are stuck in a lift with a lingering i love you...

fox can go pretty much anywhere they like

i think the best way is to have house become dean of medicine.... and he earns a nobel prize or something prestigious

McCarnage

[11]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 8

I'm more in favor of an ending which says: House is House, can't break him, can't change him.

Femke_sosolover

[12]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 7
    I would like to see house end like a nice hollywood love story: Cuddy returning for only the last episode and fading out by seeing them together and being happy

davinp

[13]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 8

Let's make it clear, that FOX did not cancel House, it was the decision of the producers.

It was a hard decision made because the actors contracts were expiring, in which the neogations are difficult.

Also, ratings have dropped.

drudager

[14]Mar 4, 2012
    Femke_sosolover wrote:
    I would like to see house end like a nice hollywood love story: Cuddy returning for only the last episode and fading out by seeing them together and being happy

LOL, wow. I nominate this to be the most ironic post in the history of the House forum. I'm pretty sure Cuddy hates House beyond belief (you know, with the whole crashing into her house & maybe trying to kill her thing), and she is why he ended up back in prison. Them being together would be the ultimate symbol of a dysfunctional relationship.

drudager

[15]Mar 4, 2012
    davinp wrote:

Let's make it clear, that FOX did not cancel House, it was the decision of the producers.

It was a hard decision made because the actors contracts were expiring, in which the neogations are difficult.

Agreed. "Ending" would be more accurate.

giggs92

[16]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 4

I am sorry to see the show end. I agree it's not as good as it was but it's still highly watchable for me and I still enjoy it. I think House will commit suicide frankly or accidentally take an overdose of vicodin. There was a comment he made the other week about being miserable and lonely (or some such thing) and if his leg starts to hurt again too much I can see him baling out. I hope not but I don't think there are any fairytale endings for him.

steheaps

[17]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 2
    I know it's been done before in previous seasons, but i'd like to see it get back to the darker moments, which for me were some of the best epsisodes. Its basically gone completly away from that to just funny parts, which while they are fairly entertaining, has shown that House has changed a lot over the years.
    On a side note, why is it that creators of TV shows such as David Shore basically hand over the writing and directing over to other people? Most TV shows are at their best when the original creator(s) write\direct most of the episodes but most of them nowadays seem to just hand them over for other people to run. While House hasn't gone massively worse like some other shows have, you can't help but feel how much better it could have been with Shore and the others at the forefront nearly every episode. It's not like he's doing many other things (well according to wikipedia), if it was something I had helped create, I would want to keep a tight control over it and continue to make it the best it can be (see Breaking Bad).

Jim856796

[18]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    So if confirmed sources state that Lisa Edelstein will not be returning for the series finale, does this mean her character (Cuddy) may be killed off?

wm4

[19]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 3

steheaps wrote:
    On a side note, why is it that creators of TV shows such as David Shore
    basically hand over the writing and directing over to other people?

Perhaps you are one of the few who can write the "scripts" for the whole season,
    it is just quite usual that a show having multiple writers, instead.

schultr

[20]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 12

Possible endings:

1. He's actually been in a coma since he got shot at the end of season 2, everything from season 3 on has been a dream, and it ends with him flatlining and them pulling the plug.

2. Amber's twin sister shows up and convinces him to run (limp) off with her.

3.Cameron comes back long enough for them to realize that they were meant for each other all along.

4. It just ends -- they just go home from work after curing the POTW and we know that they'll be back tomorrow even though we won't be seeing it.

5. He wakes up, sees Jeeves (Stephen Fry) standing next to him, hangover cure in hand, and says, "I had the strangest dream. . ."