House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official House Cancellation Thread

giggs92

[21]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 4

I like your number 4 ending and number 5 is an excellent idea. He's been Bertie Wooster all along.

Edited on 04/22/2012 2:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

forkless

[22]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 2

schultr wrote:

Possible endings:

1. He's actually been in a coma since he got shot at the end of season 2, everything from season 3 on has been a dream, and it ends with him flatlining and them pulling the plug.

Death due to Lupus complications? Cheap but extremely funny...

dea300

[23]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 12

schultr wrote:

5. He wakes up, sees Jeeves (Stephen Fry) standing next to him, hangover cure in hand, and says, "I had the strangest dream. . ."

That would definitely be the best ending .

Arithon_UK

[24]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 6

House should finish by telling his team "Soupy twist" then playing us out on the piano....

See here

...mister music, if you please!

OR

kill himself to prove a diagnosis was right. It's what House would want...

frosty_ice

[25]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 24
    I do believe that House is either going back to prison or a mental instituition. It's the only reasonable thing to do. Or, they could write the finale by him commiting suicide (his self-destructive nature would explain why he would commit suicide).

Mike_Schmidt

[26]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 7

The shame of it is that when they got rid of the "General Hospital" elements that crept in (Seasons 3-7 ala Kutty Claptrap) and got back to what we loved... S8 has been great!

MajLorne

[27]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 21

McCarnage wrote:

I'm more in favor of an ending which says: House is House, can't break him, can't change him.

There was a USA network show that I used to watch called Monk and its series finale pretty much ended with the big mystery answered and the character going on to work on another case. Basically: "Life goes on."

Now with House, perhaps they'd need to do something dramatic, but I wouldn't be too surprised it ends with House taking on another case. Maybe every member of his team leaves (like in season 3 or 4?) and branches off and leaves House with a group of unknowns to torment.

Edited on 04/12/2012 12:27am

gilgamish55

[28]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 5

most epic ending :

after an episode with some extraordinary and dramatic medical case or cases. conflict between team members. house breaks other leagal boundaries...

he is surely going to get into trouble. while he leaves the hospital. two FBI agents watch him leave : don't worry, he wont go far.

we are now outside the hospital. House limps away. he passes by a homeless guy as his hand looses grip of his cane. As the cane falls, House's "limping" transforms into normal walking !

a few steps further away, he puts his hand in his pocket, pulls out a cigarette. closeup on his mouth while he smokes. An old red car pulls by,with a woman driving. house gets into the car. and they drive away.

not far away, we see a man from behind, he picks up the cane. turns his face to the side and a smile starts to appear. it's Wilson !

he says "you'll be needing this (the cane) again soon enough".

House looks to his left and the camera pans. the driver is his current wife !

the car accelerates and vanishes into an endless road !

the end.

alternative ending :

2. it's Wilson in the car

sorry if that was too long.

which ending do you like the most ? 1. he leaves with his wife 2. with wilson ?

thanks for reading this

giggs92

[29]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 4

I see the last episode is called "Everybody Dies"; not a good omen perhaps.

DavidPhelan

[30]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 1
    Any other ending except for House dying just wouldnt seem right, The whole season if not the whole show is set up for house to lose everything that matters to him,

***Spoliers ahead***
    So i can see him and his team arguing over possibly the treatment of Wilsons Cancer in the last episode, House overrules his team and it turns out to be wrong, Wilson dies and house blames himself, Losing his one true friend is too much for him and he contemplates suicide, just before he goes through with it the series ends in one of those annoying let everyone decide for themselves if he did it or not

JackTetley

[31]Apr 24, 2012

I think that in the Final Episode House will fulfill his promise to Thirteen, that when her Huntington's took hold, he would kill her. In the same episode(s) House will find out that Wilson's Thymoma has Metastasized- he's terminal. I think when the Police are coming for him (because He killed Thirteen) we will have ODed on Vicodin.

kennyljs

[32]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 26
    Wow.... what a way to kill off House. Is this series really that dark in the first place? Do you really see House killing himself?

pumpkinhead2

[33]May 14, 2012
    • level: 7

What we could see is the symbolic death of the House we know.

House will explore his past ... although I can't see how they can do this without Cuddy. A lot of the past characters will return, including the dead ones, for cameo's. House will have an epiphany and realise what a horrible person he has become.

He will have his leg cut off, get off the Vicodin and morph into Marcus Welby.

Edited on 05/14/2012 5:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

nugentt

[34]May 14, 2012
    DavidPhelan wrote:

***Spoliers ahead***
    So i can see him and his team arguing over possibly the treatment of Wilsons Cancer in the last episode, House overrules his team and it turns out to be wrong, Wilson dies and house blames himself, Losing his one true friend is too much for him and he contemplates suicide, just before he goes through with it the series ends in one of those annoying let everyone decide for themselves if he did it or not

I kinda like this one. The final shot could be of Kutner saying "I've been expecting you".

hazben

[35]May 21, 2012
    • level: 3

OK, i will submit mine one more time...............

does house croak himself somehow by his own hand or die in some unforseen accident, motorcycle wreck on the way to turn himself in? natural cause like heart attack, stroke froma clot in his leg, etc... or pain killer over dose, drive his bike into a wall at full speed?? or......do house and wilson decide to do a double and and end it together?

or...does house realize [after much inner thoughts and demon confrontation] that he still has much life and much to do in this world and can do the rest of his time [7 months] and he somehow, either by his own actions or hers, he rekindles with his russian "bride" realizing he truelly does have someone who loves him and gets him and can shake off his quirks ala wilson. or....... A SHOCKER!!!!

do we see house "snap out of it" and we see that this whole thing is a constant dilusion by a mentally ill genious who has for most of his life has been institutionalized, and this whole thing was his mind playing out an alter life. we know he has DEEP mental issues and has been "committed" one time, because of......... delusional thoughts of an alter life!!! after all, how many of us [i say all] have wondered many times how this guy could EVER keep a job in a hospital no matter how brilliant he is. answer? he couldnt. but this is all a delusion in the mind of a blown out mind and that doesnt play a part in his ongoing delusion. makes sense! but, so do several other scenerios. not all of us will be happy of whatever fate awaits house.

at the end we see that wilson is actually his psycologist assigned to his case. cuddy has been institution figurehead, his "team" members are other patients and or staff members in the loony bin. there was a movie not long ago with leonardo dicaprio where he was a detective working a murder mystery on an island that has this same plot. at the end, it was all a life he played out in his head over and over and over, like groundhog day, only "snapping out of it" every so often and being told that once again, he was a long term patient and the whole thing has been a re occuring delusion. the staff played along with it as ther weas nothing that helped him other than to let it play out over and over. all untill [like every other time] he finds his way off the island and it all ends at the boat dock with him being restrained and and brought back to the institution and "reality".

SO WHATS IT GONNA BE FOLKS? FINAL ANSWER, as we have only hours left!!

lynna12000

[36]May 21, 2012
    Wilson dies. Then House quits to go on a long road trip, taking his guitar with him.

darkoverorg

[37]May 22, 2012
    • level: 6

MajLorne wrote:
    Now with House, perhaps they'd need to do something dramatic, but I wouldn't be too surprised it ends with House taking on another case. Maybe every member of his team leaves (like in season 3 or 4?) and branches off and leaves House with a group of unknowns to torment.

That would be a perfect ending for the series. Much better than what we've got.

lynna12000

[38]May 22, 2012
    Well, I was PARTIALLY right. He did go on a road trip.

MajLorne

[39]May 22, 2012
    Oh well, looks like they did a total reverse of my idea: everyone stays an Chase is the new head. But I am glad no one died and that House and Wilson rides off together. imo, I think it would've been nicer if House was driving Wilson's corvette from a few episodes back.