House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Season 7+ Spoilers/Speculation/News/Etc. Thread (including S8 renewal)

Gislef

[1]May 17, 2010
    • level: 100
    Please direct all spoilers, speculation, wishlists, and news concerning Season 7+ to this thread.
    Edited on 05/10/2011 5:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swanny16

[2]May 18, 2010
    • level: 2

I still have to wonder if House was hallucinating or not. It'd be a total rehash of the season 5 finale but the start of the season 6 finale had him on the bathroom floor, the hole in the wall had no Vicodin and I don't recall him taking out both containers (though I could be wrong there) and he was clearly still suffering. But the episode ended with House and Cuddy getting together... so what happened between the time from the end of the episode to the start of the episode?

anmakus

[3]May 18, 2010
    • level: 11

swanny16 wrote:

so what happened between the time from the end of the episode to the start of the episode?

Actually, what we saw at the start of the episode was House when he got home, sitting on the floor, holding the pills. Afterwards we saw him coming home, getting the pills, etc, THEN Cuddy showed up. So there's actually no time missling.

Other than that, I have to say I pretty much dread the next season, if House and Cuddy are going to be together... Hopefully there's a catch.

doggiebag123

[4]May 18, 2010
    • level: 12

House was NOT hallucinating and acording to the writers, the relationship will be explored further (sorry no huddies but I'm excited as are many others)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/18/house-huddy-spoilers-season-finale/

Also, heres the story on Thirteen leave of absense, its only temporary

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/18/house-olivia-wilde-leave-of-absence/

dm_esuoh

[6]May 18, 2010
    • level: 10

anmakus wrote:

swanny16 wrote:

so what happened between the time from the end of the episode to the start of the episode?

Actually, what we saw at the start of the episode was House when he got home, sitting on the floor, holding the pills. Afterwards we saw him coming home, getting the pills, etc, THEN Cuddy showed up. So there's actually no time missling.

Other than that, I have to say I pretty much dread the next season, if House and Cuddy are going to be together... Hopefully there's a catch.

I'm hoping they skip ahead like 3 months to start the season and House and Cuddy have already broken up. KJ says she isn't sure where they are going to pick the episode up but I think everyone knows where she wants to pick it up.

And not surprising that Olivia isn't leaving. The writers love her too much. And how many times have they brought her possibly leaving up? Off the top of my head- killing the guy and his dog, the hostage episode it looked like she might die, it looked like she might die or at least not be able to practice medicine when she got the tumor until it magically disapeared, Foreman fired her last season, and Lucky 13 when she was fired again and if Cuddy would have got her way and gave her the blood or urine test that she wanted, she would have lost her license. Last season I would have loved 13 leaving for awhile but this season I haven't minded her because she hasn't had any big storylines.

GrateGreat

[7]May 18, 2010

As Cuddy said to House, "I'm done." This is the last time I'll let a tv show matter to me. I've been a fool, but not any longer.

KJ killed this series. I have no hope for season 7. Whatever happens in the future, it's none of my concern.

Beckenbowers

[8]May 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    A little extreme GrateGreat, it's gonna be a brilliant next season, the writers needed change, i think this opens up new paths of which house could develop. it had to happen, as for me i do question whats really wrong with 13, i've heard everything from dying to pregnant. but to what really happened will be interesting, also i hear Cameron may be back... unfounded but would spice up the fellows role, i personally am happy house and Cuddy are together, it was a long time comming and the writers couldn't of avoided it forever. now was as good of a time as any... bring on season 7.
    Bow

Chaos_Zombie

[9]May 19, 2010

Not everyone is going to like change. After 5 seasons of a pill popping maniac I was more than happy to see an alcoholic maniac trying to change. :-P

Loved this season and it redeemed the show for me after Season 5. Also, while I don't care about Cuddy and House, I also can live with it so long as he still has his sarcastic wit and brutal honesty. I hope and expect the writers to handle the relationship appropriately and unless next season is the last (I hope not!) I think we'll see that relationship fall apart. Even if it is the last that may happen but you just know those two will hook up in the finale.

swanny16

[10]May 19, 2010

anmakus wrote:

swanny16 wrote:

Ah ok, thanks. It was hard to see what was going on in the first scene due to the closeup camerawork etc.

I am curious to see where the show heads next season. I'm one of those fans who thinks S1-3 were the best and won't be beaten, but I'm not crying out that the show's dying or anything, as I still enjoy it, but it's just different now. I wasn't exactly applauding House and Cuddy hooking up at the end of the finale, IMO it was just a satisfactory predictable ending. I will look forward to seeing where the Huddy story goes. I can't see it lasting too long, probably a season at the most, unless they decide to end the show with Season 7.

nellyg619

[11]May 24, 2010
    • level: 17

y's every1 hatin on the relationship, im reli interested to see what the writers do with it and cant wait an hopefully it doesnt need to fail

doggiebag123

[12]May 24, 2010

Beckenbowers wrote:
    A little extreme GrateGreat, it's gonna be a brilliant next season, the writers needed change, i think this opens up new paths of which house could develop. it had to happen, as for me i do question whats really wrong with 13, i've heard everything from dying to pregnant. but to what really happened will be interesting, also i hear Cameron may be back... unfounded but would spice up the fellows role, i personally am happy house and Cuddy are together, it was a long time comming and the writers couldn't of avoided it forever. now was as good of a time as any... bring on season 7. Bow

I totally agree with you and I'm truely excited for the developments we will see this season. Regarding House and Cuddy, this is what I want/hope to see

1. Wilson's reaction and thoughts as well as a double date that was rumored in the NY Times article (BTW that article was updated for writers to answer questions in the comments section, and it was confirmed that season 7 will pick up not long after season 6 ended so we won't miss much of the developing relationship!! )

2. House's interactions with Rachel. I don't want to see him as a family man or as an instant father to Rachel, that would be unrealistic and weird, but by spending time with Cudd he will obviously have some interaction with Rachel just as Lucas did. House has alwys been really good with children (I always think of the frog scene in Paternity) and a few scenes with Rachel could be really sweet and allow us to see the lesser revealed soft side of House.

3. This kinda sounds cheezy, but I want to hear House tell Cuddy he loves her, which he obviously has for some time so the confession wouldn't be rushed. We know he loved Stacey (he said so in the car during the question game in "Son of Coma Guy") but I don't recall him ever saying it to her. At the end of "Help Me" Cuddy said the words "I love you" but House responded with a kiss because he has always been better with actions and gestures than words. I hope this season he is able to muster up enough courage to say the words (of course only if he means it, which I think its safe to say he does based on his past)

As for Thirteen, I too am curious as to what is up with her, but those thoughts have taken a backseat to the House/Cuddy story. I know Olivia Wilde is leaving for about half season to film a movie, but she will be there for the begining of season 7, but for how long I do not know. I feel like a development in her disease would be most logical, or maybe something with her father? He was brought up in "Lockdown" and she wasn't very eager to talk about him, maybe there was more going on than revealed? Yes, Cameron is comming back, that has already been confinrmed and she has been contractually guarenteed at least three or four episodes in the season, but no word on which episodes those will be. Perhaps Cameron will take her place, although that would be kind of redundant, because that is what happened this year. I know Cynthia Waltros (who plays Wilson's ex Sam) is going to be around next season (again we don't know for how long) but she is a doctor. I think it could be kind of interesting if she took Thriteen's place, although I doubt Sam would quit her job for a temporary position with House ,unless she were to get fired...

I'm so excited for season 7, god September is a long time away.

GiX_MiX

[13]May 25, 2010
    • level: 26

so apparently i'm one of the few that actually enjoyed season 6 and all teh huddyness. well i dont care because the finale was absolutely breathtaking and i loved it!

grace87

[14]May 25, 2010
    • level: 34
    As I said in my review I don't actually think the Huddy will affect all the witty sarcasm of the show, adn the essence of House..

doggiebag123

[16]May 25, 2010

GiX_MiX wrote:

so apparently i'm one of the few that actually enjoyed season 6 and all teh huddyness. well i dont care because the finale was absolutely breathtaking and i loved it!

I loved season six too and the only thing that really ruined it for me was the way it was aired, with all of those rediculously long breaks. Lets hope they don't do that for season 7.

I agree with the two posters below you too that the relationship won't effect the nature of the show or the character and that putting House in a relationship was a natural development for the character.

dm_esuoh

[17]May 25, 2010

I don't mind the idea of Huddy, I just can't stand the way they went about it. The first 3 seasons I didn't mind it at all but since then, they have really tried to force it, especially season 5. How many times did we have random people mentioning something about it? There was the SWAT guy, there was the 2 random med students when House was trying to get his license back, there was the patient from Locked In who couldn't even talk but was interested if Cuddy liked House, and the woman from House's cooking class at the beginning of this season. And that is just off the top of my head.

Then there were all the plots just dedicated to push Huddy that made no sense. Cuddy sharing House's office was one of the most rediculous storylines ever. And then her blaming House for making her come back to work after Big Baby (when she didn't trust Cameron) and pulling the pranks on House that injured his leg (tripwire, having the janitor put a sign up saying the elevators were out of order, stealing his cane). And then there was this episode. House and Cuddy shouldn't even have been at the accident site. It would have been a good episode for Cameron since she ran the ER. But Cuddy is an endocronologist, runs the hospital and with the influx of patients you would think she needed to be around to make sure everything was running smoothly, and barely even practices medicine anymore. Then of course House, who has a double specialty in infectious disease and nephrology and can't even walk without a cane. That makes a lot of sense to have him trying to manuever around rubble. And then in the middle of the episode, Cuddy has Foreman leave with the crane operator but keeps the cripple? How does that make sense? And again, those situations were just off the top of my head.

And then of course there is the fact that Cuddy accepted an engagement and then broke it off all in one day. And it seems like the turning point was House's speech to the patient about his leg (considering she just got done yelling at him). We don't even know if House was telling the truth. We have seen House say things to manipulate patients into doing what he wanted. I also posted this in the official thread that if Cuddy was having second thoughts, she should have asked for more time. And if Cameron would have pulled this stunt on Chase, she would have been crucified for her indecision and then running off to House. But since there are so many Huddy fans, Cuddy gets a free pass.

Edited on 05/25/2010 7:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pretzilm

[20]May 27, 2010
    • level: 1

Wasnt too bad, shouldnt be to hard to come back from next season...not like someone was found dead in a bathtub or something...