House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Official Season 7+ Spoilers/Speculation/News/Etc. Thread (including S8 renewal)

doggiebag123

[61]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 12

dm_esuoh wrote:

doggiebag123 wrote:

Nik1013 wrote:

grace87 wrote:
    doggiebag123 wrote:

Nik1013 wrote:

Greg Yaitanes posted on Twitter: Shooting some Huddy... guys!I just CANNOT WAIT!

a pic that appears to be House and Cuddy on his motorcycle was also released on twitter. I CAN"T WAIT for season seven. was your 'can't wait" your words or part of what GY posted?

I fallow Greg Yaitanes.. but what else i need to fallow to get that pic?

http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/House

Those are not the motorcycle pics, but OMG they're SO much better (but VERY spoilery). Is she wearing his jacket? Thats so sweet. And him with his arms around her I can't wait for this. It bothers me though that so many people are pasng judgement based on these 70 pictures (more than half of which are behind the scenes shots of LE with her dogs or of People eating or taking direction). A lot are also repeats of the same shots from different angles. People are acting like this is going to be the whole episode, when in reality it will probably only be one scene, and for all we know it may never make the air (remember the picture of NOlan with Cuddy that circulated, but we never saw that scene). Maybe being on the beach is a bit cliche, but where else would you like them to be? I can not wait for season seven and to see this relationship develop. I just wish we could see some pics of Wilson's reactions! Acutally, that may be better left as a surprise!

I don't know about other people, but I know I am already not liking all of this because I am worried it is going to start taking over the whole show (and the way they shoved it down our throats in some of the episodes in season 5 and 6 means it probably is more of a possibility than you might think). The writers seem to think that everyone loves Huddy and that everyone will continue to watch. Relationships aren't what got the show popular in the first place. And I definately don't want to see House change which might happen since Cuddy has tried to change him a lot already.And Huddy fans are starting to get annoying by all their reactions to this (this isn't all fans but the most vocal ones are really rubbing it in other ships faces or hoping the whole episode is House and Cuddy having sex, etc.).

I'm excited about this but i know what you mean about some Huddy fans. Just the use of that phrase annoys me. I am excited for this as a plot but I don't want it to take ove the show and I certainly don't want to see endless sex scenes. I want to see a real relationship developig. I'm fine with House changing as long as he is still scrcastic and a genius.I don't go by what people on the internet say about this because the only vocal ones on places like Ausiello are the fanatics, either for or against. A lot of people I know irl are excited about this.Most of them watch House for his character, not the medicine.

to behonest, I have wanted to see House in a relationship since Stacey,when we first learned that he had the capacity to be romantic and caring about a woman. The fact that it is with Cuddy is just an added bonus. I think how this storyline pans out will all depend on whether or not HL decides to continue after this season, when his contract is up.

Edited on 06/18/2010 8:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kraylith

[62]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 10

Just saw the article confirming the House/Cuddy relationship in season 7 with the picture of them on the beach. Awesome. ^^

I really hope they didn't get them together just to split them up again.

They way I imagine the relationship would go between them, from what we've seen of the characters over the course of 6 seasons, is that it may just go on pretty much the way it did so far, teasing each other back and forth and so on, just with the difference of the occasional kiss and the coming back home to each other etc.

Cuddy isn't one to swoon over House all day long so much that it'd affect her job etc. and neither is House, he might even go on with the "I hit that!" attitude, slapping her rear from time to time, something like that. If they have either one of them or both just go lovey-dovey all day long now... just doesn't fit imo, don't think they will do that.

The one thing that probably WILL happen and that will be kinda awkward would be them calling each other at their first name now. Having them keep calling each other House and Cuddy when they are in a relationship seems a bit weird.

On the other hand, House and Wilson DO call each other at their last name even though they are best friends so .... maybe.

Edited on 06/21/2010 9:10am

doggiebag123

[63]Jun 24, 2010

I know i said I wasn't trusting internet sources, but some information has been released by Daanan9 (they spoiler guy from last year, who was right about everything but the finale) so I thought I'd pass it along

The episode begins the morning after help me and neither HOuse or Cuddy go to the hospitl that day.

Wilson does not findout about them in the first episode

the title of the episode is "Thunder ROadtirp" but this is subject to change

David Shore said that "the beach scene is not as it appears. This is not beach blanket bingo". Daanan9 suplimented this by saying that the scee is not negatve, just that there is a lot of soul searching going on during this scene.

Also, there is a patient and a case for the week.

Finally, Dannan9 says that this is an unusual episode, but nothing that happens is out of character for House and Cuddy or for the show.

Also, there are more set pictures out there of House and Cuddy outside at what appears to be a club and in one of them House is wearing scrubs insted of his jeans.

http://housedailydose.squarespace.com/house-md-spoilers-2

http://tweetphoto.com/28808120

I think what I'm most curious about now is the timeline. If it starts the day after Help Me, will we see the entire span of summer within this one episode ( a la Broken) or will the show just remain three months beind real time until possibly its Christmas break (I hope its the second one. I don't want to see three months of relationship in one hour. Plus, since in all the pictures so far House and Cuddy are wearing the same clothes, I'm guessing that at least a majority of the House/Cuddy scenes take place in one day)

edit:

the episode takes place over two or three days and the House/Cuddy pics are from the last day.

also from tvguide

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-House-1019933.aspx

I think the only thing that concerns me is the new female doctor who may become a romantic partner fora "luckey surgeon". I guess my feelings about that will all depend on who she is. I'm glad Cameron is not filling the spot, because as much as I'd like to see her again, this would be a rehash oflast years sory. then again it says "likely" so itmay not happen at all.

Edited on 06/29/2010 9:32am

AnnieSiuda

[64]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 2

i dont really get what the problem is. Its not really that big of a deal that house and cuddy are getting together. For the most part we hope that house stays the brat he is. That is what you should worrie about. Without him like him self would just be a disastore. But for me i am kinda happy that they are giving it a try and wouldnt you want to see how they break up and see the troubles they went though. I think that would be kinda exciting. Instead of just skipping to the part that they broke up so its like normal house agin.

doggiebag123

[65]Jul 9, 2010

AnnieSiuda wrote:

i dont really get what the problem is. Its not really that big of a deal that house and cuddy are getting together. For the most part we hope that house stays the brat he is. That is what you should worrie about. Without him like him self would just be a disastore. But for me i am kinda happy that they are giving it a try and wouldnt you want to see how they break up and see the troubles they went though. I think that would be kinda exciting. Instead of just skipping to the part that they broke up so its like normal house agin.

i couldn't agree more. I can't wait to see the the ups and downs of the relationship. Based on some mild spoilers I've read though, House is still kind of a brat and may bring Cuddy down to his level (not a euphimism, get you mind out of the gutter) for a short period of time. I think it will be exciting to see the softer side of House mixed in of course with his usual jerky personality. It will als be really interesting to see what other effects House and Cuddy have on each other and their behaviors.

Does anybody know when the season seven premeir will be yet? I know abc just recently announced their fall lineup and i think another channel did as well, but i haven't heard anything from fox yet.

AnnieSiuda

[66]Jul 9, 2010
    i think that the season starts at the begging of september. And there is this online think that have lots of pics of season 7 of house. Its where they are at the beach and either a club or a movie im not sure.

AnnieSiuda

[67]Jul 9, 2010
    AnnieSiuda wrote:
    i think that the season starts at the begging of september. And there is this online think that have lots of pics of season 7 of house. Its where they are at the beach and either a club or a movie im not sure.

If you go to http://www.lisaedelstein.net/gallery/index.php and scroll down to last addictions then click on one of the photos you can see all of the photos they took of season 7 when they are at the beach and a movie or a club but there is a lot

AnnieSiuda

[68]Jul 9, 2010
    I think that me personaly i cant wait to see cuddy and house a couple i think that they should be a couple just not change there charactors as in being a jerk and ya you get it.

doggiebag123

[69]Jul 13, 2010

it was just announced that House will premier on Mondayseptember 20 with a regular one hour episode!!! Can't Wait!!!!

doggiebag123

[70]Jul 14, 2010

From Ausiello:

As I teased previously, with Olivia Wilde for a while shooting Cowboys & Aliens, the Fox hit will be temporarily adding a new female doc to the roster at Princeton Plainsboro. And now I can tell you who she is: Amber Tamblyn!

The erstwhile Joan of Arcadia, I'm told, will appear in multiple episodes as a whip-smart med student House (Hugh Laurie) recruits for his diagnostic team — despite the fact that she isn't yet 100 percent qualified to treat patients. And, of course, what I didn't have to be told was that the youngster will have to find a way to adjust to her new mentor's unique bedside manner.

So what do you think? I'm pretty much sold on this casting. Although I do kinda wish the Emmy nominee was coming on board for more than a few episodes…

I don't know much about AT but I liked her on Joan of Arcadia and the shortlived Unusuals. She's pretty offbeat and I think she could fit in nicely in this cast. I'm curious to see how the fact that shes only a med student works, especially since it was hinted at previously that she could become a partner for Chase (who said he was 30 in season 2, making him 34 or 35 now). That would be a large age difference depending on how far she is through her schooling. I also can't wait to see how House decides to hire someone so young and how he deals with her. She must be pretty specal if he hired her when she isn't even able to practice medicine on her own. I know that OW will be in the first episode 9at leastthat is what has been implied by spoilers and some of OW's tweets) so I wonder when AT will come onboard and for exactly how many episodes.

Edited on 07/14/2010 9:10pm

dm_esuoh

[71]Jul 15, 2010
    4 thoughts came to mind when I saw this.

1) (And probably the least relevant) Olivia must have a great agent. This is 2 seasons in a row where she got out of House to shoot a movie. I remember back in season 4, Jesse tried to get out of House to shoot a movie and he wasn't allowed. Also back in season 4 during the survivor arc, despite everyone insisting that no one knew who was going to be picked, it was pretty obvious at least Olivia was. They made her so mysterious. I remember after a few cuts were made, on the fox site they had pictures of everyone left and short descriptions about them and 13's was enigma wrapped in a bubble or something like that. Even from the beginning she gets more lines than everyone else. Then when she joins the team, she gets all these huge storylines. Why? I know when Lawrence Fishburne joined CSI he got the same thing but there is a slight name brand recognition thing between them. What did Olivia do to get all those storylines and pretty much a WHOLE episode dedicated to her character?

2) This makes Jen getting fired even stupider (is that a word?). If she was still part of the cast, they could just bring her into a greater capacity. I agree that now it makes no sense to bring her back but if they would have written last season different and Cameron was still around, it would have been easy to write her back onto House's team.

3) Why do they even need someone else? In the first 3 seasons, they had a cast of 6, with 3 people on Houses's team. Even with it making no sense that Chase is on House's team and only slightly more sense with Foreman (I guess on paper he has more authority but in reality he doesn't), they have 3 people on the team. And they also have Sam, who isn't a regular but she is still going to be around. That makes it a cast of 8, with 4 people on House's team.

4) I really hope they don't get into a lot of detail on her being a med student. I hope they saw how hated 13 was when they gave her huge storylinew just after coming on and don't do the same for her. Especially since it doesn't even seem like she is going to stick around after Olivia comes back. I just don't see how Cuddy would let House get away with having someone on his team that is still a med student (well the first 3 seasons Cuddy wouldn't).

AnnieSiuda

[72]Jul 15, 2010
    I know people want there to be a casse in the first episode of house but it has been said that the first episode of season 7 will be all about house and cuddy. They said they would start a case on the second episode

doggiebag123

[73]Jul 15, 2010

AnnieSiuda wrote:
    I know people want there to be a casse in the first episode of house but it has been said that the first episode of season 7 will be all about house and cuddy. They said they would start a case on the second episode

are u sure? i heard there was supposed to be a case in episode one, just that House would not physically be at the hospital

dm_esuoh

[74]Jul 15, 2010
    I really hope there is a case. If not, what is the point of watching the premiere if you aren't a Huddy fan? 13 is in the first episode and then leaves so I'm sure we get more info. on why she is leaving (although it is probably her disease since they made sure to show her hands were shaking in whatever episode the lesbian bar scene was in). It seems to me like the writers think that everyone is a Huddy fan which is far from the case.

AnnieSiuda

[75]Jul 15, 2010
    when i went to the store i read in the tv guide magazine that the first episode is going to be all about house and cuddy and they will start the case on the seconde episode were they say there relationship will be put to the test

doggiebag123

[76]Jul 15, 2010

AnnieSiuda wrote:
    when i went to the store i read in the tv guide magazine that the first episode is going to be all about house and cuddy and they will start the case on the seconde episode were they say there relationship will be put to the test

i believe that the story you are talking about is the one i posted a link for in a previous post. Yes they did say the episode focused on House and Cuddy and that the true test of their relationship would come in the second episode when WIlson found out, but they said nothing about there not being a case. Daanan9 (the spoiler guy from last year) said on the ppth conference room website that there was in fact a case and a patient. I would post the link to that for you, but this was posted weeks ago and would take a lot of hunting. If anyone here wants to look it up for comfirmation though, feel free. I know D9 is not official or anything, but blatantly telling a poster (who asked) that there was a case when there is not is just cruel and I don't think anyone could be that misinformed that he would think there was a case when there wasn't. What I'm thiking is that the episode will be formatted something like season 3's Airborne, where we will see Wilson and House's team in the hospital and House and Cuddy outside of it. The only difference being that House and Cuddy's "case" will be their relationship.

On another note, does anyone know what episode they are up to shooting now? I know about two weeks ago they were doing the readthrough for episode 2 (written by Eli Atti in case anyone follows the writers). I'm just trying to figure out exactly when Amber Tamblyn will be coming into the picture. And DM I agree that she should be a side story or the catalyst for some bigger story, and not have a long arc like Thirteen did, especially since she is only a guest star. Actually, since she is a guest star, I feel like she will probably take on the same type of role as Tritter or Vogler. Not that she will be against House, but that she will serve the purpose of moving the story foward and will take up about as much screen time.

Edited on 07/15/2010 5:49pm

AnnieSiuda

[77]Jul 15, 2010
    doggiebag123 wrote:

AnnieSiuda wrote:

i believe that the story you are talking about is the one i posted a link for in a previous post. Yes they did say the episode focused on House and Cuddy and that the true test of their relationship would come in the second episode when WIlson found out, but they said nothing about there not being a case. Daanan9 (the spoiler guy from last year) said on the ppth conference room website that there was in fact a case and a patient. I would post the link to that for you, but this was posted weeks ago and would take a lot of hunting. If anyone here wants to look it up for comfirmation though, feel free. I know D9 is not official or anything, but blatantly telling a poster (who asked) that there was a case when there is not is just cruel and I don't think anyone could be that misinformed that he would think there was a case when there wasn't. What I'm thiking is that the episode will be formatted something like season 3's Airborne, where we will see Wilson and House's team in the hospital and House and Cuddy outside of it. The only difference being that House and Cuddy's "case" will be their relationship.

On another note, does anyone know what episode they are up to shooting now? I know about two weeks ago they were doing the readthrough for episode 2 (written by Eli Atti in case anyone follows the writers). I'm just trying to figure out exactly when Amber Tamblyn will be coming into the picture. And DM I agree that she should be a side story or the catalyst for some bigger story, and not have a long arc like Thirteen did, especially since she is only a guest star. Actually, since she is a guest star, I feel like she will probably take on the same type of role as Tritter or Vogler. Not that she will be against House, but that she will serve the purpose of moving the story foward and will take up about as much screen time.

i was watching an interview and they said that they have already shot the season 7 they just dint show pictures and stuff till it gets close

doggiebag123

[78]Jul 22, 2010

Question: Can you give us a little spoiler regarding House? —Krista
    Ausiello:
    The show has quietly been casting the role of an ex-model and psychiatric resident who ends up joining House's team. But there's a catch. And it's a fairly big one (as in too spoiler-y to reveal. (And no, this is not the role Amber Tamblyn is playing.)

hmmm, more new characters? I'm hoping two things here.

1. this character takes thriteens place either before or after amber tamblyn, and leaves when thirteen returns (which I'm guessing she will because if she joins the team along with Amber Tamblyn, House's team would have five people on it) I'm assuming she joins after Amber Tamblyn, because news of her arrival broke second, and I don't think the role has even been cast yet.

2. the big catch is something really good. Some of the guesses were plus sized models, male models (although there are enough male characters), or (and this was the best one) the ex-model is the girl from "skin deep" and she became a psych student because of all the trauma she went through. or perhasshes replacing another cast member whos leaving! i'd be ok with either Taub or foreman going, there's not much else to reveal with them

Also, before people start complaining about it being unrealistic for a psych resident to be on House's team (like they were on the AUsiello page) might I remind you that all psychiatrists must complete med school. Psycitry is just there area of speciality (I'm not sure if thats the proper name for it) like a surgeon or a peditrician.

Also, this is Ausiello, He says this person will be on House's team, but for how long? For all we know it could only be for an episode or two. For all we know the catch could be how/for how long they join the team.

I kind of have mixed feelings about this one. One one hand, I'm excited for new characters to cause new conflict and create new stories. We've focused enough on Taubs marriage and Foremans problems, andI don't want them to bring Cameron back justto join House's team again.its time for some new stories. Also, this show has always kind of delved into philosophy and pshcylogy so a psych student could bring an interesting perspective.And I know people are complainingthat there is also Sam, but I wouldrather see her less, (perhaps only on a double date with House and Cuddy) and House and his team more.On the other hand, I REALLY don't want both of these new characters to be there at the same time on House's team, because thats a lot of people. Although the psych student could only join House's team as a consultant and the med student probably wouldn't be there every day (depending on if she still has classes). As always, I'm not going to judge until I see it, especially since Ausiello has a way of skewing information to make it sound different than it really is.

Edited on 07/22/2010 9:17am
    Edited 2 total times.

doggiebag123

[79]Jul 29, 2010

From Ausiello: No one puts Baby in a corner…except Gregory House.

Dirty Dancing's Jennifer Grey will find herself in a no-win situation when she guest-stars on House this fall, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Grey—who begins work on the House set today—will play Abbey, the mother of an infant daughter who is displaying signs of a life-threatening illness.As House and Co. investigate her daughter's developing symptoms, Abbey is faced with a treatment decision for her newborn that could affect not only her baby's life but her own.

Her episode is scheduled to air in mid-October.

I never really liked dirty dancing, but i like the idea of this case. we haven't had a baby potw since seasontwo's "Forver"(except in "joy" but that baby wasn't the main case)

also from youtbe,the first real promo with a new clip that will air this season. The clip is short, but we do see how House tells everyone about him and Cuddy. He sort of takes the ripping off a band aid apporach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zY9sSEr9GQ

EDIT 8/5:

From Ausiello:

Question: I know she's on CSI: NY now, but is there any chance Sela Ward will be returning to House this season? —Josh
    Ausiello:
    No. That particular 'ship has sailed. This season's all about the Cuddster. "House and Cuddy alone in a room have had chemistry—that's never been in doubt," says exec producer Katie Jacobs. "Can it work in the real world? Can it work with them being co-workers? She's his boss, she has a kid, he's always breaking the rules... Can it work? I don't know, but that's the question [this season]. And she's not necessarily trying to change him. It's not like she goes, 'Oh well, I'll give it a try with House and hopefully he'll grow up.' He's never going to grow up. And she sort of thinks, 'I love him enough, maybe it could work. It's complicated.'"

Question: I'm kind of obsessed with your story about House's new opening title sequence. How exactly will it be different? —Jennifer
    Ausiello:
    Let's ask Katie Jacobs, who's working on the revamp as we speak. "It's not all new," she says, "but I'm making a few changes because Jennifer [Morrison] is no longer in the main titles. And I am changing a little bit more than that, but I'm not changing so much that you're losing what you love about the opening titles." Jacobs also confirmed that a "few new names"—presumably Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson—have been added to the opening as well.

The sela ward news is kind of pointless, I could have told you she wouldn't be coming back this season just based on common sense, but I'm excited to hear they are finally changing the opening title sequence. OW and PJ deserve their credit. I wonder what the other changes are. BTW do you thnk the changing of the titles is really a spoiler, because I know there was a thread about changing the opening sequence and I would like to post this there also.

Also, here are some videos from the Fox party, the one with David SHore is the one that origionally mentions the new titles. its the main "House" page in ask ausiello, so just scroll down and the three videos are the three stories directly under this weeks ask ausiello column.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/category/tv-shows/house/

Edited on 08/05/2010 11:08am

doggiebag123

[80]Aug 5, 2010

From tv guide:

Lisa Edelstein says an early House episode will find her character, Dr. Cuddy, entrusting House with caring for her 3-year-old child. "We just started shooting this," says Lisa. "House realizes he's taken on a lot by dating a woman with a baby. She trusts him with the child because she knows he's a brilliant doctor and not an evil guy, so he's not going to kill the baby." Off camera, Lisa says, Hugh Laurie is great with the child actor. "Hugh's got three kids in real life so he is very good at making funny faces. Children really latch on to him." But it's an entirely different scenario between Dr. House and Cuddy's tot. "House has a hard time connecting with the baby. He finds the child almost alien."

House executive producer David Shore says Amber Tamblyn's new character (a fill in for Olivia Wilde's absent Thirteen), "is a brilliant medical student with not a lot of experience in the real world, so facing House is like being thrown in to the deep end." Jesse Spencer, whose Dr. Chase starts the season off as a single guy hopping from one lady to the next, hinted to me that Chase will most likely be matched with Amber romantically. "Post divorce, he stars sewing his wild oats a bit, which is fun for me to play," Jesse says. "Most of the women he's pursuing are outside the hospital, but that could change once he meets Amber's character."

I'm excited about the baby story, i've been wanting to see this since "Big Baby" when House held Rachel. My only problem is that the article says that she's 3, when at most she would be two depending on when the episode will air. TV guide is kind of known for typos and misinformation, so I'm hoping that that is the case and Rachel won't succumb to the TV age jump that happens to so many babies. I like that we get to see Chase move on as well. He's always been my fvorite team member so more screen time for him is good.