House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Season 5 What was your opinion of it?

patto1992

[1]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 1

Hey guys I was just wondering what your opinion of season 5 was. Here is mine can you have a read and let me know what you think? http://wp.me/p25EUA-43

Cheers

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AlpeshPatel1

[2]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 3

I didn't like it.

First reason, and this really annoyed me was that everyone was telling House the reason why he does things. Thirteen was the biggest culprit of this and as a result I found her character extremely annoying.

The second reason, the whole "Huddy" thing was painful to watch, for me it expose Lisa Edelstein as a poor actress, especially in the episode Last Resort, where she gives weird longing looks.

Things should have developed over more episodes, like that thing with House taking methadrone, it was a very stupid and lame reason why he decided to stop taking it after one episode. I think they could have also done more episodes on the aftermath of Kutner's death, not just how it affected House but everyone else on the team.

You are right, there were some very funny moments.

But ultimately the first episode of the season, although good, didn't feel like a normal House episode. It felt understated and it was trying be more "naturalistic" and it just doesn't work. In any episode since then whenever the makers have attempted to go for a "naturalistic" approach, I have felt it has been a poor episode.

patto1992

[4]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    It had it's good points but overall I do believe that it was poor for the reasons you said. All in all it seemed like they had a stroyline for the season but just didn't know how they were going to get there so they put in a lot of filler episodes

Yaspaa

[5]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 79
    House was in it...it was awesome.