House Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

Why was Stephen Fry on Bones before he was on House?

catsimboy

[1]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    I was surprised when I was just watching Bones to see Stephen Fry. I thought he was too busy doing something in England to be on House. It's incredibly strange that House didn't get him on first seeing that Hugh Laurie and Stephen are incredibly close friends with many acting roles together. I just watch the show and I don't really research it much so is he coming on soon?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vampiredawn

[2]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 14

The answer to that is right here http://www.fox.com/video/index.htm?cat_id=house&clip_id=house_stephen_fry_int_high  Lots of Fry praising his friend, yay

Seems he was on the shooting lot to do Bones, and they had talked about him visiting the House show too, but he would have to wait until after the Tritter arc, and unfortunately he didn't have the time to wait for that. Too bad.

YuDee

[3]Feb 8, 2007
    Wow it was amazing to hear Hugh speaking brittish and being normal. Since I never knew him before House I did not know he was brittish. Now I find him even more attrative

Dakotagirl823

[4]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 23
    YuDee wrote:
    Wow it was amazing to hear Hugh speaking brittish and being normal. Since I never knew him before House I did not know he was brittish. Now I find him even more attrative

You'd be surprised how many people didn't know Hugh was British. The shows executive producer, Brian Singer, didn't even know he was British until Katie Jacobs told him.

catsimboy

[5]Feb 8, 2007
    Wow that an awesome interview video. Hopefully sometime in the future he'll be on.

Dakotagirl823

[6]Feb 8, 2007
    I have my fingers crossed that Stephen makes an appearance on House.

sgtpromiscuous

[7]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    I desperately want to see Stephen Fry on House. Not only because they're my favourite "old gang" and I always want to see my "old gangs" reunite... Actually yes, that is the only reason.

EmiliaRomagna

[8]Feb 12, 2007
    since I had to change my mainboard and had to reinstall everything new, I can't see the Fox clips anymore does anyone know what do I have to install to see them again?

vampiredawn

[9]Feb 12, 2007
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    since I had to change my mainboard and had to reinstall everything new, I can't see the Fox clips anymore does anyone know what do I have to install to see them again? :

Oh.. I had that problem too when I switched to my new laptop. It's a plugin you need... Do you use firefox?

EmiliaRomagna

[10]Feb 12, 2007
    vampiredawn wrote:
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    since I had to change my mainboard and had to reinstall everything new, I can't see the Fox clips anymore does anyone know what do I have to install to see them again? :

Oh.. I had that problem too when I switched to my new laptop. It's a plugin you need... Do you use firefox?

yep... never ever explorer again if I can avoid .... tell me what plugin .... (too strange... in this moment I hear Plug In Baby - Muse... spooky)

vampiredawn

[11]Feb 12, 2007
    Sorry, I had to go through my old greatestjournal entries to find the one where I described how I solved the plugin problem. I forget these things very quickly

Here's the guide for installing the plugins you are probably missing http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

First, check that you have windows media player 9 or 10 installed. Then, in your address line in the browser, type: about:plugins exactly like that. It gives you a list of installed plugins. Check the link I have you, there's a large picture of what it should look like if you have all the applications installed.

If not, you are most likely missing three, that I was missing, and you can try to find them in your windows media player folder. If they are there, copy them into the plugins folder under the Mozillla Firefox foler. If they are not there, the site above gives you three links to the plugins you need,
    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/N/npdsplay.dll/3.0.2.629/download.html
    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/N/npwmsdrm.dll/9.00.00.3250/download.html

and
    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/N/npdrmv2.dll/9.00.00.32508/download.html

Download them and put them into the windows media player folder, then close all browsers and restart one, type about:plugins again and see if they don't show up now according to the list on the guide I linked you to.

Go to fox's homepage and try again!

EmiliaRomagna

[12]Feb 12, 2007
    you are amazing Dawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much... I will download averything now !!!! 

seinfeld111690

[13]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 25
    I like Stephen Fry alot, good actor.

vampiredawn

[14]Feb 14, 2007
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    you are amazing Dawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much... I will download averything now !!!!

Let me know if it solved your problem

EmiliaRomagna

[15]Feb 14, 2007
    I saw Stephen ... he is SO amazing and I really like him very much !!!
    Thank you so so much !!!!

vampiredawn

[16]Feb 14, 2007
    EmiliaRomagna wrote:
    I saw Stephen ... he is SO amazing and I really like him very much !!!
    Thank you so so much !!!!

He's such a great person. He always makes me feel warm and safe. I've just finished reading his autobiography, and reading his thoughts gives me the same warm familiar feeling I've always had since I saw him on tv the first time (I believe that was in Peter's Friends as a young teenager). He's so clever and interesting too!