House

Hunting

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 22, 2005 on FOX

• The patient was the least interesting part of the episode.

The patient in this episode was quite the jerk. The patients can be anything from little angels to normal people to kind of annoying, but I think this was the first one I genuingly disliked. His attitude annoyed me, as well as his whole personality. I guess he could be excused to some extent because of his history, but still... he was really annoying.

I bet poor Cameron thought he was quite annoying too, at least when he was coughing up blood on her. I felt bad for her in this episode, being exposed like that must be very stressful. Jennifer Morrison got to stretch her legs a bit in this episode, and she did it well. What I didn't quite get was the subplot with her and Chase. My friends and I have been debating back and forth about this. Did they use a condom or not, and did Cameron bite him or not? Personally I completely missed the biting part, and I assumed they used a condom and that's why she didn't feel the need to include Chase in her little poll the next day. Some of my friends however insist that she bit him on the lip, and that she excluded him from the poll because she knew from the night before that he didn't always use a condom. Apparently when Chase was looking in the mirror toward the end he had a bite mark on his lip. Then followed the discussion on what the two of them were thinking if my friends were indeed right. It wouldn't surprise me if she bit him to make him feel the same worry that she's feeling, but on the other hand that would be petty even for her. I can't imagine though that Chase would be stupid enough to have unprotected sex with someone he knows might be HIV positive. I guess time will have to tell if either of them has been infected, and what further effects their horizontal ketchup dance will lead to. However it all turns out, I must say I loved the look on Foreman's face when House concluded that Chase must have slept with Cameron.

As for House, I think he definitely reached a new low in this episode (or in the previous, depending on how you look at it). I can't figure out whether he actually does want Stacy back, or whether he just wants her gone. Judging from the look on his face after she found out the truth towards the end it seems that he at least didn't want to hurt her. Big jerk points for him either way.