House

Kids

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 03, 2005 on FOX

• There's a meningitis outbreak, a strangely affected 12 year old out-of-town diver, and a sucession of potential replacements for Cameron.

It was an episode like any other from this quirky, character-driven medical procedural.

Then the end came and I clutched my pearls like an old woman. The oh-so-modern-yet-emotional Dr. Cameron refused to come back to the hospital unless her boss went on a dinner date with her!? Am I the only one who thinks that's just not right? I don't want to hear a whiff of sexual harassment tossed House's way; if anything it was Cameron who harassed House, especially in the last three episodes of the season.

The young lady who played the main patient this episode was engaging and sweet. Very easy to root for.

I hate when Cuddy chews out House, but I hate it more when she's right. Glad she's there to keep House "in his place."

Anyhow, the majority of the episode is good enough, in spite of the caution against finding out that the 12 year old insists that sex at her age was her idea and taking responsibility for her consequences. I echo House in that felon is the more accurate term for the jackhole that took advantage- something that isn't even hinted at during the episode, keeping the story about the patient, in the end.

An episode that is recommended.