House

Kids

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 03, 2005 on FOX

• An episode that makes you want to see more - character revealing and touching in every way.

An episode with an unexpected diagnosis that made me tingle. Not just because it's such a prime example of kids growing up too quickly, but it was an episode about the characters. Already we know House isn't a people person, but the way he handled the situation with the little girl made me fall in love with him even more. Though I would have liked to see a little more interaction between him and the little girl character - build up the caring doctor/ fatherly figure relationship, it's still that connection and his reaction that makes me want to rewind the tape.
    I was torn by the scene between House and the parents, you could tell he wanted to explain to them, as it would help the girl and give her support, yet he held back, and it hurt him, making him all the more real and approachable. And when everything came together, his reaction, though quiet, was significant - touching. Again actions speak louder than words.
    This episode was one where House had to face his emotions. Getting attached to the little girl, as well as having to admit to Cameron he wants her to come back. He's getting closer to people, how long this will last we don't know, but I like the character growth and I think is what gave this episode it's standout quality.
    Highly recommended!!