House

Nobody's Fault

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 06, 2012 on FOX

• The more I think about it....

The more I think about this, the more convinced I get that this is a bad episode.

Firstly the tone, episodes where House goes all "naturalistic" are generally poor episodes. They don't suit the format of the show. In this episode especially where you have Jeffrey Wright (who is good) talks in this low gruff voice which is best suited for some kind of conspiracy thriller.

My biggest problem with this episode is why now? why put House's method effectively on trial now? What purpose does it serve? This episode should have turned up at the end of season 3, when Foreman killed that patient. Not now. And then to exaggerate the problem, the episode chickens out with its end. Hell even the writers knew that by making House tell Wright's character he was a coward. The ending of the investigation rendered the whole episode pointless.

The other bug bear I had was the very end. Even though House wasn't at fault, I can sort of understand why he apologised. Chase not accepting is just dumb, and it revisits the start of season 5 (which I might add was an exceptionally bad season, not only just in relation to House, but compared to other TV shows in general) I do think Greg Yaitanes has a lot to answer for, not just in relation to this episode but for the decline of House. The show took a nose dive when he became Exec. Producer.
MNT