House

Occam's Razor

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 30, 2004 on FOX

• "Hello sick people... " Yes, House is at it again and with one of his most memorable House-isms.

The episode with the parental warning and all the rough sex at the beginning. Well, at least the girl seemed to enjoy herself even if the boy did pass out. But he's sick, you know, or he wouldn't have turned up later on at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. He'll be cured in due course thanks to Dr. House but not before we're treated to one of the best House-isms of the entire series:

"Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me 'Greg.'"
    ...
    "I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will."
    ...
    "But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?"

Well worth watching for that scene alone.
OXYGN