House

Painless

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 19, 2009 on FOX

7.1
  • I agree with some of the other reviewers.. why is this score so much lower than the rest?

I know this isn't the best episode of House ever, but why does it deserve such a low score compared to the others? From a 8.8 to a 7.4? Doesn't make sense to me..

That being said, this episode sort of reinforced my idea of this season, which is that a lot of the cases are less interesting than the personal stuff going on in the characters' lives. Not to say that the personal stuff is good material, but the cases feel ripped off from previous seasons.. with the Joy to the World episode, Foreman being described as House, the case involving the chubbier girl being teased all the time.. it just felt rehashed. And this episode was basically the opposite of the episode of the girl who could feel no pain, except much less interesting.

However, House was on point once again. He seems to save the show when it starts to lose focus. Kutner also is an interesting character, although Taub and Thirteen leave something to be desired. If they could've just started getting Chase and Cameron involved in the show much earlier on than this, I would've been happier. It's too bad. Either way, the episode wasn't nearly as bad as the score indicates. It was a pleasant enough episode that was just a little average.
USA