House

Parents

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2011 on FOX

• House, still good!!

I don't get some of the viewers. Like one of the reviewers said, House is the medical version of a police procedural.

And maybe you guys answer to that with the question why? But how can you expect that you can come up with entirely new things every episode for several seasons.

And then the one who expect to see a whole season in prison? What did you expect to see? Him not doing medical things? Thats just plain stupid. If you want that watch a show about prisons or so, like Break-out kings or Prison Break.

If you expect him to do medical things with other prisoners, I ask you, what is the difference with the cases in the hospital except for the setting? And how believable is it that in one prison for at least 15 episodes, every episode one prisoner has a very rare disease that only House can cure?

And then I want to ask you, which characters do you hate that much you don't want to see them. I actually like Chase and Wilson, even Adams. The others are not my favourites, but they are not that worse.

Apperantly you are the type of watchers that cannot hang on to a show for more then a couple (3, maybe 4 seasons).

• Send In the Clowns

A teenage party clown collapses at a birthday party. Turns out he wants to be just like his father who was a clown too but has been dead for many years. House and the team go into the weekly debate, this week on parenting, relevant given Taub's situation: his ex-wife and her boyfriend Phil want to move to Oregon with his daughter Sophia. Also he can't get enough time to babysit his other daughter by the CNA Ruby coincidentally named Sophie. House treats a humorous tale of a man who thinks he has type 2 diabetes but makes it worse by eating diabetic meals that mess with yourthyroid. House tries to figure out a way to get out of his ankle bracelet to go to a ringside boxing match with Wilson who just got tickets. His tactics as usual are hilarious and downright sleazy, and he tries for Adams to admit that her parents screwed her up in some way like all parents do. Another episode not caring too much about Taub at all. As the kid's condition worsens he may need his father's, who is actually still alive, bone marrow transplant but the motherrefuses. It's revealed that his mother molested him when he was a kid and gave himsyphilis that stayed in his body for twelve years and they decide not to tell the kid about it since he's better off not knowing. The case of the week gets a C for my tastes as I didn't care about the kid's condition at all and nor was it interesting until House cracked the cause of it all. The characterinteractionsget an A minus especially the ending with Wilson getting tricked out of his tickets by Foreman and House sitting ringside as an elaborate way of tricking him into giving them up. House seems to turn a perfectly relatable storyline and make it middle of the road. I was hoping that Taub would choose to let his daughter go but instead his grand romantic gesture of telling his ex-wife that he can't let them move because he wants to be in her life felt ever redundant and hadn't changed at all because of the events of the episode.

• More of the same, but at least it wasn't entirely boring

5.5

So yes, more of the same. House messing with "cameo man/cuddy replacement" foreman, Wilsone being caught in the middle and House also finding time to mess with his team while solving a medical mystery!

Had a few moments this week that meant it did not bore me to the point of distraction like the past couple of episodes.

Liked the medical mystery, sure it felt like it was treading old ground in places- but the entire series does at this point so I am going to ignore that. I can not be entirely sure, but I do not rememnber hearing the sentance "everybody lies" this week, which makes for a nice change.

The resolution to the case was mildly interesting and the predictable twist at the end was still entertaining enough to not render it entirely annoying.

Still endless "questioning of motive" dialogue, and we finally reveal the new girls "thing". (She wanted to be more messed up as a kid? Yeah, it doesn't sound any less stupid typing it than it did hearing it)

Not the worst this season has had to offer, but certainly still heading in the wrong direction.

"Parents" was a little bit boring, but this is still better than a lot of Season 7 episodes. You had a funny storyline involving House, Foreman and Wilson even if you did not have a particularly engaging medical mystery this week. It seemed like they went for a more Grey's Anatomy feel with the shock value of the bulging eye than anything solid this week.

One of the season's weakest, but it was still watchable.

• What happened to the prison?

The start of this season had me filled with joy. Gone were all the extra characters and there was a complete new setting. The show focused on the main character again. However, my joy was short lived. Not only did they return to the same boring setting, they also reintroduced the same characters that we have already seen a million times. I really do not understand why the writers would do such a thing.Why spend so much effort into creating a new environment for the show, only to remove it the second episode.

This show has lost me as a viewer. I tried to watch the latest episode, but after 10 minutes I was too bored to watch any more of it. You already know what is going to happen: boy gets sick, House makes a wrong diagnose, boy gets very sick, House doesn't know what it is and has a unrelated conversation with one of the other characters and suddenly realises what the boy actually has. Boring!

• Heaps of people are saying "the show has lost its touch", that it's "the same thing every week", and that it's "not like it used to be". But I think that's why I enjoy it so much. This show is my medical version of the police procedural.

House will always try to get information about people who don't wanna tell it. He will try and con something out of Wilson in some way, be rude to patients because he knows he can fix them. Turn workmates against each other. All that stuff. But that's partly why enjoy it so much. I know what I'm getting, and I enjoy what I get. So if the show has lost touch with you, stop watching it. But if you're like me and tune in every week to see what Greg gets up to this time, then keep on tuning in.

Other notes: I enjoy how each case ties in to what's happening between the doctors every week. How when House figures out the case, you know it. And that sometimes it's someone else that figures it out (like last week when Chase did).

Notes on this episode: Did not see the ending coming, and I liked how the revelation about the kid's biological father did not affect Taub's decision to keep his kid close (or that it did affect his decision - I'm still trying to figure that out). All in all, solid, regular House episode that I expect.

• The Show has LOST ITS TOUCH...

3.5

The first episode of season "20 Vicodin" seems to have been the LAST good one. I have watched the past 5 episodes in a row and they have all been slow, with little emotional depth when compared to earlier seasons, and just THERE. Show is now just going through the motions. Despite adding two new team members (park and Adams) and for some reason bringing back Chase and Taub, the show just isn't working. They re not hitting the dark and deepslipperyslopes, ups and downs, pains and joys. They are very simple shows lately. Frankly BORING. Andtonight'swas one of the most boring. No matter how 'interesting" you might find the "case" does not matter it is the lack of deep enlightenment, emotional trauma, and character interactions that are sorely lacking. It is like watching a team of doctors "just go to work". If I wanted that, I would have wasted 7 years watching ER or greysAnatomy(same old same old), House WAS different. Now it looks like all the others. VERY disappointed in the way this season has turned out. And if you want to counter that "it might improve"..Ok--but they have already wasted five full episodes in a 22 episode season on very uninteresting scripts. Sorry, the magic that made me enjoy House...is sadly gone.

CLOO