House

Paternity

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 23, 2004 on FOX

• Not as interesting as the Pilot, but still good.

This episode seemed as if it was trying to routinise the show. I guess that was pretty effective, because I couldn't tell that this was the second episode, it felt like any other House 40-minuter. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, just an observation.

I don't know if this is shared, but I found the best scene in this to be its ending. We kind of got a glimpse that House may in fact care about his patients. Seeing him secretly cheer on his 16-year old lacrosse player was a nice touch and certainly elevated the previous scenes.

I should point out that Hugh Laurie is an absolutely wondrous actor and his accent is flawless. I've been a fan of his since A Bit of Fry and Laurie (I'm English, over here, we know who he really is, heh) and have followed his comedic career, so it's good to see him in fleshier roles.

Despite being a good one, I feel as if, come the end, I haven't really learned anything about any of the characters. This was more of a filler episode, but a fab one at that, so I'll let it off the metaphorical hook.
CLOO