House

Recession Proof

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2011 on FOX

• In which House has a shocking epiphany.

Though I liked the banter between House, Wilson, and Cuddy, and feel he has not lost all of his cynicism, this episode left a lot to be desired. I felt a lot of the "medical drama" take a backseat to relationships, and I find the ending to this episode strikingly out of character. (Considering there was very little consistancy before this, its hard to believe House would have this kind of an epiphany with not a lot to lead him there) Though he has been very effected by losing patients in the past, he has not allowed it to control him emotionally. Granted, he's only human, but I think there was an oversight in the plot to make this kind of development at random. (By the sounds of coming episodes, it doesn't seem like they'll play it off as drunkenness either) Nevertheless I hope this show is signed for an eighth season because the characters really are something profound and inventive. I hope they find a way to maintain the characterization that made this show everything its become, while working in whatever relationship drama they feel will keep the ratings up. (Side Note: Still not thrilled with Masters character, but keeping an open mind)
OXYGN