House

FOX (ended 2012)

Gislef

House Fan Reviews page 10 of 53

• This show is about a doctor named Gregory House and his team who have to diagnose people with sicknesses and/or diseases. This sounds easy but how would you like to have somebody's life in your hands?

House is one of the best shows ever. It has a funny yet drama filled plot. It will make you laugh and cry all in one episode. Each episode will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. It is very easy to get attached to each of the very different characters. At the end of each episode you will always want to know what is going to happen in the next episode. I would recommend this show to anyone with a good sense of humor and a need for suspense.
  • I love watching the show.house is a very amazing guy he makes me laugh all the time.

house you are very funny and i enjoy watching your show.when i watch this show it reminds me of whats going on out in the world.i love the fact that omar epps is in the show.the show needs to air more so i can tape every tv show.when will they come out on dvd so tht way i can have them all.and be able to watch them when i want to.house you should try being nice just once and see how you feel after that.the actors are great and they shouldn't change at all no matter what house says dont.
  • Oh my...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show more and more every day...screenwriters better not be messing up with my hopes with this thrilling end!!

Oh my...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with benner82. Cases were interesting but could have been explored differently. Well, people when you'll reach the last 3 minutes you'll forget about the rest of the episode anyway so who gives a damn? Not me, I was getting sleepy by the end of the show but I'm fully awoken now and can't wait for next episode....
    This show was getting a little bit on my nerves with all the "thirteen's bull..." we had to go through lately..but this is finally getting somewhere and I hope they don't blow it like they did in the past with other potential characters' developments. Guess we'll just have to wait...this won't come soon enough!

Love House!!
  • BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN YET. ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!!!

I've been watching House for a few months now. I cant belive that I had not discovered this show before. I sit at home watching reruns of the episodes on USA and waiting for the new episodes at 8 on FOX. I fell in love with this show and the cast the minute i started wayching. They have the most exciting plots and climaxes that you cannot stop watching. I dont know what I would do if I couldn't watch this series anymore they are the center of my life no I'm just kidding, but they are very important to me. I thank the writers of this show, it's the best i've seen yet
  • "Lucky Thirteen" ;) Spoilers

I loved this episode, and not just for the hot scenes with Thirteen and her one-night-stands.

A few of my friends say they don't like Thirteen, she's too whiney, or Olivia Wilde just isn't the right actress. I say they are wrong, Thirteen is dying and she's on a downward spiral of drugs and sex. I'll admit there were patches that had me annoyed at her (both the actress and the character), but all in all I enjoyed it. From Houses 'comments' to the way he handled it when she screwed up was perfect. I was actually a little suprised to learn that Thirteen's only a 7. But I'm certainly glad he did not fire her. From the plot of House and Wilson, it was excelent. I loved how Wilson tricked House, I believed it too. The end was a bit of a suprise, and I think House has it bad for Cuddy.

I've noticed some people commenting on how they're going to stop watching House because of the homosexual nature of this episode. I'm sorry, but gays, lesbians, and bisexuals are very real, and its unfair to say it would have been okay if only it were a man she had the one night stand with. I think they went a little overboard with the teaser (which was hot ;D), but not really the point of the episode. Still 30 seconds of lesbian at the begining, a cute kiss in the hospital, and another 5 seconds and people are freaking out. Seriously people. It's not likely we'll get that every episode, so just chill out.

All in all this episode pleased me and the teaser for next week has me dying for time to pass faster so I can watch it.

Love and Peace!
  • Went from being one of the best shows on TV, to struggling to be one of the best shows on TV.

It seems like every show is the exact same these days, they have an AMAZING first 2 season, a off third season and a rebuilding 4th season ( which is really your last chance to make or break the show).
    House is no exeption.

this show is still riding on its first two season succes but yet it still remains addicting / reciving good ratings! is it hugh larie? well yes he is one of the main reasons why this show still flys near the top of TVs best list. the show has tried to re build and is still in the process of doing so. after a weaker 3rd and 4th seasons, compared to the first two, house is looking for that "highlight reel" epsiode re fell their fuel tank for the rest of the season..... but is it to late?
  • There has been a long time since I've last seen an excellent House's episode like this one!!!

Of course, the last episode from previous season was excellent but it was especially made to touch public's feelings. So it was certain to be great.

On this episode I could find "the old and good House" interacting with Wilson. Both have a very special chemical that work perfectly together.

It was wonderful to see that the police officer has quickly portrayed House's personality and "sort of" was supportive to Wilson's.

It was nice to see the old ducklings together and quite odd to see Chase being so sour about HOuse (that's really him, I guess). From the new ducklings, I've especially appreciated Taub's confrontation style when he said that House should also discuss problems out w/his mother. That was genious and kind of caused a reaction from our beloved Dr.

But I still have no guess about what the writers reserve in terms of ducklings' teams. Will they partly mingle all of them by killing one and keeping the most "sourish" one out, for example? Or simply chose going back to the olders by showing that the new ones' objectives in lives are not making part of House's team? I don't know.

It was also good to know how House and Wilson first met. Of course, we find out that since the very beg of their relationship, House was disgustingly manipulating all the situation. THAT'S ALL HIM!! He chooses the following act and decides who plays the roles. Also it was great to see both making their "diagnosis brain storm" together (just like the old days).

Not to tell the funeral scene. Gosh!! I've almost fell for it. Only in the very end of his speech I said to myself "Bl...y manipulator" (Of course, Wilson knew it from the very beg). Finally the return of Wilson and the reinforcement of their friendship was absolutely marvelous. In Brief, wonderful plot presenting all the good qualities of the show we've learned to love since its very first episode from its very 1st season.
  • HANDS DOWN

I saw this Tv show sicne the beginning and season after season i only can tell one thing... AWSOME!!!
    This show its great, the actors, the staff, the characters its all awsome i have to say this show really rocks!!
    Hugh Laurie makes me laugh so much its an excelent character and Dr. House is awsome really deserves a 10 from my part hands down people knell before House
    Season after season gets better and better i have Season 1 & 2 on DVD and im ready to buy Season 3 excelent show well doen guys well done indeed 10/10 Really a rock!!!
  • Excelent...

Hugh Laurie its the best actor ive ever seen its funny, sarcastic and OMG House is so good i want to be a nurse when a grow up and this show its so influencial I think Hugh Laurie only needs a talk show for himself its a so great actor the cast of House its the complement and every episode i laugh until i cant breath also House has those tearjerker moments but its an excelent show and i start from Season 2 and like me so much that i buy Season 1 and since that watch watch watch Excelent show Hugh Laurie needs his own talk show now jajaja!!!
    :):):)
  • An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits.

The series follows the life of anti-social, pain killer addict, witty and arrogant medical doctor Gregory House with only half a muscle in his right leg. He and his team of medical doctors try to cure very ill ordinary people in the United States of America.

This is one of my favorites programs, the cases are so nice, and well selected. although the doctor attitude is some times so hard that it appears so unreal. Doctors take classes in university on how to deal with patients and how to act in order not to show them what they really feel.
  • A brilliant doctor with the worst of bedside manners.

The medical team headed by Dr. Gregory House always solves the most bizarre of medical mysteries. This despite House's quirks coupled by a lingering pain in his injured leg. The show is completely engaging, even for those unfamiliar with most of the medical terms used in each episode. How I would love to see House as a more optimistic person but I don't know if that would in effect decrease the level of his brilliant medical mind. At least I want him a little less miserable, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of the show. But despite his "weaknesses", he is still capable to love. And that is the reason why I still have hope in House. Dr. Foreman is so like House, Dr. Chase is a dreamboat, Dr. Cameron is such a sweetie, Dr. Cuddy is firm but compassionate, a trait House lacks, I must say, and House definitely has an ally in Dr. Wilson. Among the new members of the team, I'm really curious on how Thirteen's character will develop in the series.

Hugh Laurie = LOVE
  • Gets better and better every single episode !!!

I am a HUGE Hugh fan and have been for a long time, and this show is just great, it is pure genius. The script writers for House, I bet, have a lot of fun making House do this that and the other.
    I have seen each and every episode since the premier, and I am not joking when I say this, and have been a good fan and kept on watching. House M.D is very good at making you sway emotionally along with the characters throughout their snares and troubles with House. It makes you wither hate or love house and I have fallen in love with Hugh's great acting skills.
  • A genius, painkiller addicted doctor solves mysterious illnesses with his crack team of doctors who don't fully condone or understand his methods. Smart and at times funny.

If I was to write this review a year ago it would have been much more flattering. See back then the old crew weren't relegated to cameos every ep, the new crew weren't whining abouse then mimicking him and Wilson was still roaming the corridors. Sadly so the sake of mixing things up the show is now on a downward journey.

The sow's premise is very formulaic, a gifted doctor (House) cures people who have bizarre diseases with the help of a crew of young but savy doctors who question House at every turn. Luckily what made the show great early on in the series is still retained and that is Hugh Laurie. Though I was used to seeing him as the bumbling fool from Black Adder and alike to see him as a cynical, tongue-in-cheek doctor is just as good, if not better! He brings his own style to the show and has used it to carry many of the more stale episodes.

Though my gripes at the beginning may seem damning the show is still solid in its own right. But that's the point, it's just solid, it used to be brilliant. The shows producers seem to want to mix things up and break from formula by expanding the cast while relegating originl cast members to supporting roles.

Cameron and Chase now only appear in 1 of every 3 episodes and even then they would struggle to get 30 seconds screen time. They have been replaced by 13 (bi-chick), Taub (little jewish bloke) and Kal Penn (don't know the character's name!)who are at times entertaining but often just tedious in how they spend most of their time questioning House only to then mimick him for the next half hour. As for Wilson, god knows where he has gone or if he is ever coming back. He was House's moral compass in the first 4 seasons but now House seems to have given that title to a private investigator who is a bumbling fool. The sad thing is after calling this man a bumbling fool I will then go on to say that he is probably the best new character.

All that said though, the cases are still fascinating, Hugh Laurie is still brilliant and Cutty is as sassy as ever. So it's still worth a viewing, for now. But this show is well past its prime and will continue to go down until the producers realize that maybe a return to the old ways would work.
  • If you have yet to discover this show, you are missing out on the best hour of your week. Clever, funny, and heartwrenching, this show has it all, and NEVER fails to fascinate.

It simply doesn't get better than this show. House M.D has found that brilliant - yet often elusive - balance between character development and the procedural medical-based mystery that stumps both the doctors, and us, every week. But of course, no one can deny the one element that holds this show together: Hugh Laurie's amazing creation of the character of House. He has put into form a mixture that seems completely paradoxical: a character we love to...hate, but really, well, love. Possibly the most obnoxious man in television, yet the more annoying and outrageous this genius doctor is, the more we love him. But never far from the surface of his total disregard for humanity is his vulnerability, and in this Laurie has created perfection, and a character we will never get tired of watching.
  • OK the bottom line is this.House is a top 5 if not a top 3 show now.In reality it is the Top of the food chain.With past classics like Sopranos over and Gil Grissom leaving csi-lv that opens up the top two spots and house is moving in.

Sopranos are done,if we are lucky we can get a movie out of them.That was the best show ever.Nothing close.Then we have the monster that has been running forever the original CSI LV.This show revolves around supervisor Grissom,and with him leaving the show mid season and the death of Warrick,that is going to unfortunately hamper,if not cripple that show.I will still watch,but Gil Grissom was the show.This brings us to house.This is the chance he has been waiting for.The top spot is open,must make a move.This will be a VERY important season for house.I think they need to bring the old team back together in some way to work a big case or just get them more involved,and Wilson can not stay off this show.He cant leave or the show is ruined too.House needs Wilson.Anyway I predict by the end of the season House is the #1 Show
  • This show is amazing and never lets you down

Typically im not into medical dramas but House changed medical dramas by showing that you can have a serious plot and a dramatic ending but still keep it fun and entertaining to all different groups in the process. House also has such an amazing array of characters all of which are easy to fall in love with and relate to. House is now in its 5th season(i know, hard to believe myself) and is showing no signs of slowing down. It has even introduced a new character that is either houses new wilson jr or else houses new enemy aka Cuddys lapdog. House will always be one of my favorite shows!
  • God I love this show I never miss an episobe.

I what house like ther no tomorrow like the day it comes out on DVD I buy it. I love watching Hugh on Ellen espically the time were they exchangeing slag and he didn't know what shawty was. I don't like how the no very much of Chase and Camron any more and I don't like the new guys at all. I also wish Wilson will hurry up and forgive House like how can you stay mad at that man well very easy but I like there relationship it was funny in so many way and I wish House and Cuddy would get to gether that would be great.
  • Houses head part one

House is on a bus full of people when suddenly it crashes.

After the crash he remembers that someone on the bus had an unknow illness,But the only thing wrong is that House has lost his short term memory.

House has a skull fracture which is why he needs to rest.He keeps ignoring everyone elses advice to rest,But he is determined to figure out who has the illness.

For awhile house thinks it the bus driver but after many tests the bus driver wasn't the one who has the illness.

To get houses memory started he tryes deep brain stimulation, which works for awhile.
  • I love this show and hope to see it on the air for years to come!

House is one of my verry favorite shows. I love the smart alic ways of House and his associats. How everI thought the show was better before the casting change. These new charictors don't seem as believeable. Also there back ground stories are not as intersting. I hope they bring back Willison, he is one of the main charictors as far as I am concerned.If they truely decide to take himoff the air I am almost certain the show will fold, and not on a good note eathier! Out of the original crew thier are only 2 remaining costars left. Please, please, please, lets fix this proublem, and keep this wonderful show on the air.
  • Best Show Ever!

About ten or twelve episodes into the first season i switched on two a random show called 'House'. I only got to watch the last ten minutes of the episode but from the moment I saw it I was HOOKED! Now I've got the DVD set and follow the new series religiously!!

'House' is one of those rare jems of TV which come around once and a while and you never forget when they're (god forbid) gone. The sarcasm and the cynical humor is fantastic! The arguments and quips from the fantastically acted cast are on the standard of West Wing. The cases are fantastic (even though a little far fetched as my med student sister tells me but who cares! It's television!) and Hugh Laurie? Well, Laurie is absolutely freaking amazing. I loved him before this from the buffoon in black-adder and even from his small appearance in Sense and Sensibility but when i saw him in action I could not believe that he was the same guy who got multiple concussions in 101 Dalmatians. Go Laurie!

But this is a fantastic show and there have been rumors that it may continue for five years (Jesse Spencer-chase-has signed a contract) which I seriously hope are true. I have to say one last thing: Thank you David Shore!!!!!!
  • PI: House new best friend...or enemy?

Great episode. The medical case is very interesting and it also shows the important problem of drugs trials. The new character, the private ivestigator Lucas is amazing and it will bring more funny and great episodes. Especially for his interest in Cuddy. Again the study of people reactions is at the center and again House is right (like always). Anyway many things are changing and House might realize that going on with all his investigations and experiments on relationships and people would lead to complications and problems. But also more interesting challanges. Waiting for Wilson to come back, Lucas is the right character for new intrigued stories with House and Cuddy. Very nice episode.
  • watch it!!!

i absolutely love this show! if you dont like medical shows, who cares! house makes you like it! i think hughs characher, house, is such an awesome doctor. of course i would never want him to be my doctor, lol. i think this show is worth watching. the only thing i hate is the fox network always goes past the time so when you record it you never catch whats going to happen next tuesday. i hate it when my DVR does that. it bugs the crap out of me..... well i dont know what to say but i have to write 100 words, blah! WATCH THE SHOW!
  • I used to plan my Tuesdays around this show. Now...not so much.

I love House. The show has been an example of counter-programming, with it's lead character the anti-thesis of the PC culture. But it's been a very intriguing show: the medical mysteries were (almost always) compelling, and the writing (Particularly the character interaction) has always been superb. For three years, despite my disappoint ment with the fall arcs, the Stacy, Tritter, and the Game show arcs, I would still give this show a 10 out of 10.

Now that you know that, let me tell you how mucu it pains me to see this show heading for the bottom of the barrel as fast as Katie Jacobs can crank out "Grey's Anatomy"-like spoilers to appease the relationshippers. I mean, is that where this show is headed? Is that all we have left to explore? This "guess who's sleeping with who this week" trope is tiresome, and trite, and, quite frankly, beneath a show of the calibur of House.

So, I'm out. 'Shippers, enjoy your victory. You've managed to ruin another great show with your unhealthy obsessions. Of course, what do I know? After all, Grey's is still on the air.
  • House it's always House

This show gets better every season, i can see it becoming a classic very soon, it has quite large viewing figures. In the later seasons it has become more than a medical drama but more about the characters.

It is easily the best medical drama going at the minute. It also has more comedic value as well, in addition Hugh Laurie plays the role very well, with a perfect American accent that can fool people into believing he is actually American, but remember he is BRITISH!!! The Co-stars also play good roles, such as Lisa Edelstein who plays Lisa Cuddy. If this show can keep fresh with good writing, i think the show can carry on for a long time.
  • I think this show is great.

Last season was a little different and I was hoping for more character development. I hated the whole game thing in the beginning. But what happened at the end with Wilson and House and Amber was great and really did a great thing for their characters. They were verging on getting stale. My least favorite character is Taub. It seems like he opposes House just to oppose House. Kutner is great because he's not afraid to stand up to House w/ an idea, and he just takes House's comments and let's them go. 13's a better Cameron because she can retort better than Cameron could. I think Foreman has become stronger now that he's unofficially 2nd in command. I'm interested to see where they go w/ Wilson and House. And House and Cuddy.
  • My second reviuew on the show "House" I write only because stupidly posted a n ep reviuew in this space :D

Well, it's been almost 2 years of the insane addiction which calls "House" for me...I got into it by chance and it changed so much for me - writing reviews and joining TV veb site included...I think it was absolutely brilliant for the first 2 seasons - every line has meaning every scene was needed every ep was a masterpiece...Something went wrong durin g season 3 - I rarely rewatch any ep after "Words and Deeds" and looked only 2 ("97 seconds" and "Frozen") in season 4 -which I even didn't bother to buy on DVD..I still tune on the FOX every Tus night when new "House" ep in on,but mostly because addicts are always addicts - hard to just forget.I hope miracle will happened and I'll be able to feel as exited about the show as I used to...Hope dies last (for sissies:D )
  • I love house he is hilarious...

This show gets a 10 for its humor!
    Love all the actors and story lines...

House is the kind of show u can get hooked on and want to watch over and over.House(hugh) is hilarious and witty..However we aren't sure whats going to happen with House and Wilson this season due to what happened at the end of last season...This New season so far is funny as always but House has hired a PI to spy on wilson and Pays the man to tell him the same crap he already new...Wiered...So we shall see
    What is going on with Cutty???? Anyone know???
    Now Cameron is hot but where is she still in the ER??
    Are they ever going to bring her back???
    Now #13 is a Cameron Double but its not the same but,This show is funny,Witty and Strong and I love it If You don't then thats your faut...
  • A medical genius with no remorse or ethics - how do they come up with this stuff?

I voted this "My new best friend" because this show has grasped me unlike any other before it. Once I bought the first season on DVD I was hooked and didn't leave my room for two weeks. House's character is pure genius, he does things others are too afraid to do because of the consequences. His addiction to the painkiller Vicodin is one of the few things that shows us he is actually a human being. House is indeed a broken man - which makes him more likeable and adds to this show's success. Add to that his "pure truth, over-the-top, simply genius" remarks and you've got a mix that is arguably the most complex character in recent TV history, which makes for the best Drama series in a decade.
  • I love House!

House.. well, House is always House.

Genious, annoying, but interesting to watch. How he handles his patients and the whole treatment approach is so different from the other shows that makes it so appealing to the viewers.

He's a sad, lonely man, indeed but that's what makes the show totally new compared to the other dramas with characters trying to survive or play hero.

But since season 4, Cameron and Chase were demoted to recurring characters, even though they show up in the openning credits. Funny that Taub, Thirteen and Kutner are still recurring when they clearly have more screen time than House's former employees.
  • House is one of thy greatest TV shows that I've ever seen and one of the best out there today!

I give house two big thumbs up! I just love this show. From when it first started! house being a jerk to people, not caring at all, doing dumb tests to himself (almost killing him self numerous times), and just always hitting on the woman employees! Just my personal favorite! After the old crew of house left in season 3 i believe, i felt like it might not be as good as before with foreman and them there but then the next season was just as good or even better! With foreman coming back was awesome addition then when the other two where actually working in the same building that was cool. The season final last year was amazing though, House almost dieing trying to figure how Wilson's girlfriend was there, then finding out she died because of him and Wilson staring at House at the end, wow! Intense! I loved it! Can't wait for this season!!
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14