House

Gislef

House Fan Reviews page 4 of 53

• eh its ok ,I dont really like it ,overrated

5.5
    Gregory House is a doctor who thinks every patient in his hospital is a faker. The characters on this show are pretty bland except house who is ok sometimes. House is a jerk to his patients whether they are faking or not but he usually finds out what is wrong with them before its over with. I got sick of the characters pretty early on. The only reason I watched this is beause my mom does. It is very repetitive. I wish people would stop talking about this show he is a jerk big whoop there are millions of jerks in real life. This show isnt awful its just not that good.
  • Excellent show. Starting to Repeat a little bit.

This show is an excellent mix of drama and humor. I used to clear out my monday evening every week to make time for it. However, the story line is very repetitive. Each episode starts with someone experiencing a random unexplainable "body malfunction" i guess (drama). Then it goes to House in his office and his socially unacceptable behavior with his coworkers (humor). Then House takes a look at the patient and before the show is half way over the patient has been diagnosed. But wait! Another random bodily crisis proves that this is not the correct diagnosis so the entire team gets stressed and frustrated with this near-death patient. Then within the last ten minutes of the show one of the doctors has an epiphany and solves the case. The patient is cured, everyones happy. But to keep you tuned in for next week there is always a dramatic cliff hanger in House's social life. Its always very entertaining, but can get old pretty fast.
  • A once brilliant, abrasive and wonderful show that has been downgraded to an average medical drama without much originality but a lot of soapy elements.

5.5
    Romance isn't always a good way to pump some fresh blood into an 'old' show. You have to do it right, especially when the main character of a show claims to not give a damn about anybody. Of course we all knew from the start this was a lie. But let's be frank: Since the writers decided to actively hook up House and Cuddy this show started sucking. The best episodes after the first kiss were those who either focused on the medicine or on House's soul or - even better - on the things House can learn from his patients while he treats them. The way they stir something up in him. The formula worked perfectly during the first four seasons. It made the audience see the mechanics behind this abrasive, yet brilliant and deeply hurt character. It also worked perfectly to get insight into the team members, Wilson and Cuddy. But at some point in season 5 the storylines got cheap. The psychology started to feel simple and harmless, a tendency that grew stronger in the course of the last two seasons and lead to the utterly cheap and cheesy 'revelation' that only love can save you ('Help me'.

Ugh. Seriously. That House needs saving is obvious, but the storyline that made him realize it feels really really forced. It could have been done much more subtle and clever (after all, we know what the House writers are capable of). Don't misunderstand me, I don't mind House hooking up. But the way it was done was so... 'Grey's Anatomy'- like. Come on, we can expect a bit more realism of this show. It just felt so forced (can't repeat it enough)!!!!
    I also don't mind witnessing personal issues of the other characters. But they don't really develop anymore. Their personal lives evolve around kissing, affairs, stolen sperm, divorces, dating issues and open marriage. Soapy stuff. And there are rarely any connections between the main characters and patients anymore. Much too often the cases feel shoved in, as though somebody in the writer's room remembered at the last second that this show was created to be a MEDICAL drama.

House used to break all the rules of the genre and now all that was so special about it has been shoved aside almost entirely to make room for soapy elements and schmootzyness. I know it sounds harsh, but I think the shrinking audience is proof enough that a lot of other people seem to dislike the change of direction on all levels, too.

Let's hope TPTB will appreciate the old style of the show again and create some good new 'old' stuff.
    Otherwise I am not sure I will continue watching. It really hurts to see your favourite TV show go downhill like this.
  • Gregory House...the Magnificent Bastard!

Here is another television show that qualifies as a cooling oasis of smart in the intellectually stultifying wasteland that is prime time television. A very, very well written and excruciatingly well researched medical drama, this show challenges the intelligence of the viewer and has no patients with and shows absolutely no mercy whatsoever towards all the reality show addicted dummies out there in viewer land. Can't handle Gregory House? Well bleep ya if you can't take a joke, the rest of us are moving on. Ha! Hugh Laurie, a British actor with a strong British accent in his normal speaking voice has flawlessly mastered the American accent. I had no idea that Hugh was British until I saw him on a late night talk show for the first time. Amazing! This is a truly great show.
  • The best serial I've ever seen

From the first time i saw this show, it hit me as a very serious, outrageous show. House is so in character, as a matter of fact, all of the actors on this show have excellent skills as actors in my book. Every detail of this show is so realistically based, it makes you think about doctors and how they practice medicine. (Although this show is strictly fiction, right ???!! ) All in all, i love the craziness of it, and continue to watch every episode , and record the ones I can't. Keep up the wackiness, and keep the suspense of House and Cuddy.

You can watch the first episode of season 7 on the address: http://www.cinemaboard.com/clips/view/House-MD-Season-7-Episode-1-Now-what/id_21.htm
  • Gregory House is a brillant world known doctor who has a knack for solving cases no one can. Problem is, is that House is a arrogant jerk who thinks things like humanity, relationships etc. are irrelevant and uneeded.

When I first started watching House I was immeditaly hooked on the series it was smart, fresh, and something different. The first three seasons were incredible there was hardly a dull moment or episode for that matter but in the fourth season things changed dramatically and for the worse it seems many episodes in that season seemed sub par compared to those in first seasons. After season three the series has taken a bigger interest in the personal lives of the characters rather than being solely a medical drama, and the medical mystery seems to has taken a back seat to the mystery which lured viewers into watching the show in the first place, character developement by all means is a good thing but I think it should be back seat to the mystery. I would recommend House M.D. to anyone whose intersted in Medical Dramas I can say you won't be dissappointed.
  • House is probably the best series in tv these days. Why? because unlike a lot of other tv shows, House has depth. It's defently not superficial. Every detail has a lot of meaning, and it makes the whole show more intresting. [....]

House is probably the best series in tv these days. Why?
    because unlike a lot of other tv shows, House has depth. It's defently not superficial. Every detail has a lot of meaning, and it makes the whole show more intresting. The cast is great. Hugh Laurie is a fantastic actor, and I couldn't imagine this series without him. Robert Sean Leonard usually there for the comedy, but in the more dramatic episodes, he did a great job. The rest of them are great also. I am not a huge fan of the new team, but I already got used to them.

The writing. it's usually fantastic. in the last 2 seasons it was a little bit off sometimes, and the first 4 seaons are brilliant. The photography is also worth mentioning. They do such a great job with it.

and another thing worth mentioning is the music. I usually don't care about this, but the music is extraordinary. We get a wonderful soundtrack (and sometimes House plays the piano..).

Best season so far in my opinion is the 4th. Wasn't a huge fan of the new cast but it was great to see something fresh. The all 16 episodes are brilliant, especially the last two (House's Head & Wilson's Heart - OUTSTANDING).

I recomment this series for everyone. Even if you are not into the medical stuff, it has everything into. you can easily relate to the series. :) I give it 9.5/10. just because of some boring episodes on the 5th and the 6th season. but It's still the best tv show in these days.
  • House and the team treat a patient with genetic mosaicism; meanwhile, House goes on methadone with serious consequences.

2.5
    I was not very impressed with this episode of House. The risks of methadone were EXTREMELY overplayed, for the following reasons:

1) Methadone should NEVER cause respiratory arrest if the dose is safe. House has already been on high doses of opioids (Vicodin) so even a high dose of methadone is likely to be safe for him.

2) Methadone should only be prescribed by a doctor who is specially licensed to do so and trained to manage chronic pain. If House had been listening to his doctor and taking his pain medication appropriately, nothing should have happened.

3) Methadone can have potentially serious side effects, it is true. Having said that, this is why you start methadone at a low dose and titrate up, and why you also get an ECG prior to and periodically during treatment with methadone. It's also why House needed to make sure any doctor he saw was aware he was taking methadone so potentially serious drug interactions could be avoided.

All in all, methadone is actually a very safe drug when used appropriately. Also, once you have stabilized the appropriate dose for the patient, there is no risk of cognitive impairment, so it would have been very safe for House to continue on methadone and still work at the hospital. There are Class 1 semi drivers who take opioids and are safe to work.
  • House is my favorite show on television right now. Best drama I have ever found and the only medical show I like. You can watch it at blackboxshows. com

House is great, It is definitely my favorite show. Its got the perfect amount of mystery drama and humor. I really think Hugh Laurie does a great job, really sells the role of Dr House. I really Like how they started this season focusing on the relationship between House and Cuddy. I think the diseases they have worked on have been suspenseful enough, I worry for the patient... or I'm really interested in the diagnosis. In my opinion this show has not lost its touch, it is still going strong. If you haven't watched this show you should check out that site :)
  • Great show, great episode and great cast...and who cares if the writers have run out of rare infectious diseases to give people? In this episode House goes to site of a collapsed building to let assistance.

It's all about the eccentric Dr. House; they didn't call the series "Diseases". Any way I have a great plot for season 8. Dr. House witnesses a murder and not one that one of his staff commits; and House has to go into WITSEC under Agent Mary Shannon (In Plain Sight). The story can end when Dr. House is kicked out of WITSEC and returns to his practice. After a few episodes the patient turns out to be the same criminal Dr. House put away. Does Dr. House find the cure or does he or one of his staff members lets him die?
  • Best Show Ever, literally!

This is, my favorite show. House is an awesome show with a mixture of drama and medicine. A lot of people don't like House because of Hugh Laurie's "attitude", well that's the purpose of the freaking show!

The episodes are great, lets not mention the #1 Theme Opening. All the characters are fantasic, House's ongoing love with Cuddy, vice versa, Thirteens former Romance with Foreman, The Dipala case, its all exciting.

At least its not like Grey's Anatomy where its all drama :P

Vicodin is House's favorite medicine just incase you didn't know.

All the characters role in this show is perfect!

Meh, its the best show.
  • Dr.House is cranky, sarcastic, misanthropic, & is definitly lacking in bed side manner, but he is also a brilliant diagnostitian. Each episode has a compelling medical mystery, & tons of hilarious wit that will keep you laughing & guessing to the very end

This is my all time favorite show right now, and I neeeeeeeeeeeever miss an episode. It is absolutely hilarious! It may be listed as a medical drama, but amidst all the angst is loads of sarcasm, and laughter. The cast is amazing and full of merorable characters. I can't tell you how perfect the actors Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard are as the characters Dr. House and Dr. Wilson. Each episode has an interesting medical case that keeps me guessing to the end, and I can't get enough of all the witty dialogue, plus the facial expressions alone make me roll on the floor. I am as addicted to this show as Dr. House is to his Vicodin, all I regret is that I only get a dose once a week. It is most definitely the best hour on television and theres no one that can tell me otherwise!
  • A good medical drama?

This is an extremely well written show with even better acting. The show is about a vicodin addicted doctor (now off of drugs) named Gregory House, who struggles with the pain from his leg, his drug addiction, his relation ship with Cuddy, his job and the people who surround him everyday, like his patients and his co-workers. He is a widely known Doctor who can find a way to solve any medical issue(s) that is happening to somebody in almost any case he faces. He only has one friend named Wilson, Who seems to be the only person he can share things with. This is the only medical show out there that i watch, and the only one i would recommend for somebody to watch.
  • I love this show!

This is probably one of my favorite shows for alot of reasons. House is a total, complete ass whenever and to whoever he wants. He does not really care if he hurt their feelings or offended them. He only cares about himself and he has an addiction to painkillers which might explain why he is the way he is. The cases on the show are usually bizzare and not really realistic, but it is entertaining and interesting. Somehow, the patients almost always end up surviving even though they are told that they are going to die within a couple of hours or days. Anyway, this show is great and I think that it's one of the best.
  • House is an all-in-all good show.

Even though I stopped watching House about a year ago, I still think it is a brilliant show. It is rarely repetitive and is pretty much always funny and interesting. Dr. House can be extremely funny with his sarcastic jokes but he can also be serious when he wants to. The acting is extremely good. Not only are the main actors good, but the extras can also be very good at acting.
    The only problem I have with House is that some of the problems the patients have are a little too absurd. For example, There was an episode with a little kid and he ended up having too much Iron in his body from eating to many vitamins. A good idea? Yes. Realistic? No. You would need to have barrels full of vitamins every day to have that much Iron. But, all-in-all, House is a superb show.
  • One of the best shows on tv.

House has to be the best tv show on right now it is smart, funny and a lot of drama i enjoy watching this show. House is a bout a smart angry drugy docter and yes he is a docter house and his team get the hard to crack cases and try to save a life.
    like i sead befor it is a great show for people of any age. love sex and a docters.
    the best acting for a tv show.
    i can not tell you to watch anny more then i have./
    great people great story a lot of drama a lot of fun. phenox.
  • One of the best shows on television, it took me a little later to become a fan but I'm addicted and I just love Hugh Laurie in the title role as House. One of my favorite shows on television today.

House is an odd show because it's different then every other medical show. House is who you'd expect to be a villain in just about every other television program, a guy who is a huge egomaniac, a drug addict, and most importantly a jerk who is a genius. Yet it works because Hugh Laurie portrays Gregory House in a way where he is a figure that you just love to hate, because of the way he acts. House works at the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, where he works in Diagnostic Medicine treating unusual cases. The interesting thing about House is that he doesn't care about the patients like other medical dramas like ER, but he cares about solving the mystery. House is a man driven by logic and everything to him has to be rational, he needs to figure out everything that comes in his way and that's probably what makes him a genius doctor. House usually gets into arguments with the Dean of Medicine and Administrator Lisa Cuddy, spends time making fun of his best friend James Wilson, the head of Oncology and literally the anti-House, as well as mistreating his fellows and the patient as well. His original group consisted of the Australian Robert Chase, Allison Cameron, and Eric Foreman but the original group disbanded and House managed to form a new group (though Foreman remained) with Thirteen (Remy Hadley), Chris Taub, Lawrence Kutner (Something happens to him), and ultimately Chase. House is a jerk but he's so mesmerizing to watch and it's just so bizarre how Hugh Laurie, such an amazing acting talent has yet to win an Emmy for his performance. Very awesome show.
  • Best Drama Show

This show is a hospital drama about dr. House and how his team of medical experts deal with the problems presented to their hospital. I'm not a huge fan of drama's, so you know when I rate one high it's a great show. I got into thanks to my dad, and I love it. Dr. House is the best character on the show, because he's tough, hard to deal with, and yet hard to not like. I will admit the newer seasons are harder to get into, yet I still admit it's quality for detail over other dramas. Overall, one of my favorite shows ever, I highly reccomend it even if your not a huge fan of drama shows. 9/10 A-
  • Dr.House... Sadist, cynic, sarcastic, almost old man making people laugh their hearts out...

My favorite show of all times! There is not one episode that didn't made me laugh or think about life and stuff related! The man that wrote it is a genius which made my life a lot happier... I have a lot in common with Gregory House and that"s why I can say that I understand the show completely! I love the way he threats people (especially his team) and his way of looking at the world because its very similar to mine... The cases and patients are often interesting, unique, funny and sad. The thing that makes this show so charismatic is Houses dialogs with patients which are usually verbal and mental fights where House always wins... The relationship between House and Wilson is certainly one of the many things that make this show awesome as it is... I could watch every episode over and over again and never get bored because they are full of wise things and secrets about life and people in general...
  • Slightly Down

This show is gold. I've been watching since about season 3 or 4, but I really like it. My sister got me into it. I like House and I like the way he acts. He sometimes comes off as a big jerk but it is funny. I like a lot of the storylines, as well as the acting, which really makes the show. However, I think this current season is the worst so far. Others may disagree, and of course, that is perfectly alright, but I haven't been getting into this season much. Hopefully the quality increases.

But, still a fantastic show overall, hopefully more seasons to come!
  • It has got to be one of the funniest shows on TV!!!

This show is great, I would be shocked and horified if they decided to canncel it. House has to have at least 8 seasons if not more!It is one of thoes shows that stickes with you and you cant wait to tell your friend what House did to who and wioth what. Great Show!
  • House is so awesome! That man is one of the most manipulative jerks I've ever known and yet I love him. He is the bomb and every season, he just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Keep this show going for ten more years!

I am excited that House has a new team and the old doctors are still around. I hope that later on in the season, they play more of a role than they have in the fall. I must say that I love #13. She is so hot and I wish she was mine. I'm glad Cuddy let her be hired because if she wouldn't have, I would have stopped watching. What's so fun about House talking to three men? Uh, nothing!

House has gotten funnier every season. I thought the first season was a riot and I was nervous that after the second, House's jokes were going to start getting dull. But he hasn't. He's gotten funnier and hopefully he will continue to get funnier with the seasons to come.

I love the cases more than I do the interactions. I've seen some very interesting cases that just appalled me when I found out what the problem was with them and how they could treat it. I always get excited just watching how the show will take its course. But I'm sad the guy in the wheelchair died. It was so depressing. I don't know which is better. Alive but trapped in a wheelchair or dead. It seems like either way, you're dead to the world and mean nothing. Then his dog ate the pills and he died. But the show must go on and we have to remember that there will be more patients that will be saved and like House said, "Once you make a mistake once in the doctor's office, you'll never make it again."
  • I think there's something missing

well, im probably not going to make many friends by bashing one of the most popular shows on tv, but hey this is just my opinion. House is an interesting show, no one can argue that, but when it comes right down to it, it just feels like it's missing something. It's an interesting premise and i find myself really liking houses character. the only thing that really puts a damper on this show, for me anyways, is that it seems that it is just too easy for house to do his job. I understand that it is only an hour show, but every time i watch it, they are always able to come up with the right diagnosis just in time for the end credits to roll, no matter how far off they originally are.For example, i remember that in one episode a child was diagnosed with having some flesh eating virus and they had to operate, milliseconds before the operation telling that the diagnosis was wrong. I simply think that ever so often maybe they don't figure out whats wrong in time and they have to live with that mistake. Overall, its an interesting show, although a bit unbelievable. It's still worth your time to watch it, however, for the mere humor that is the sarcasm that is house.
  • Awesome medical drama

such a great show and house is awesome! HIs atttitude and cruelty kind of makes me laugh! IT seems impossible that a guy can figure whats wrong with someone every time..right..wrong! House can!!!!!!!!hope it never goes off the air!!!!!!!!!! Its the best show ever! IT makes you wait in suspense!It teaches me new things and always has a way of making me laugh and cry. Sometimes both at the same time! ITs not a bad show and if you dont like it you should give it another chance and at least really sit down and watch! Im not forcing you to watch it but im asking you. ...Think of it like a favor! BYE!
  • always the same...

It's always the same pattern: a patient with an incurable disease which noone can figure out, the team tries and tries and at the end, House figures it out by some miraculous afflatus... Admittedly, there are some cool storylines in between but even they tend to repeat. Great show for one or two seasons but it really wears off! Plus, if you aren't a medical genius yourself, you can't really follow the line, they could basically tell you everything.
    I don't get how people can be so fond of House, he is a real **** sometimes and just because of his 'genius' he gets a free pass for everything?! Doesn't work like this in real life.
  • I think it's not amusing.

I tried to watch this show over and over but I never liked it. It was so boring and I really don't get it. Why do people love this show ? ? ? I really trier and tried to watch it but I was unsuccessful . Except it was boring , the characters are bad . I don't like them . The show is not funny , imaginative and it is unoriginal . We have 100000000 shows about doctors and medical institutions and I didn't love any of them . For example , I never loved ER or Grey's Anatomy. GA was ok but not so good. All things considered , I don't like this show at all !
  • Makeover pretty much killed it

For over two seasons, this was a great show. It had everything; interesting medical plot lines, great comedy and likeable characters with depth to them. Then, when everything was moving along just splendidly, the decision was made to remove most of the likeable characters, and replace them with utterly bland ones that completely lack anything resembling depth. Overnight the show had pretty much lost all dramatic elements of interest, and turned into a seconed rate comedy show, with Hugh Lauries' performance as its' only redeeming quality. I have no idea who is responsible for this insanity, but it's becoming clear that there are no plans to ever restore the elements of the show that made it great (the bloody character development for crying out loud! where did it go?!) so I've adjusted my previous rating of 9.0 to a more fitting 6.5, and I will stop watching this until such time as the writers get their heads screwed on straight again. It'll probably never happen...
  • WAS a great show. WAS one of my favorites

Seasons 1 and 2 were great. when stacy left it lost part of the edge. When he lost his staff at the end of season 3 it's lost most/all of the character devleopment as well. Sex references are shocking when they are used once in awhile. This whole show has become one bad teenage sex joke that I cannot even fake laugh at. New season of House and nothing else is on....I'll go back and watch reruns of Lost or get some extra sleep so I can stay up late at watch lost later! If they don't learn how to make this show entertaining (something other then lude and stupid) they might as well roll this into grey's anatomy and save the viewers the pain of 2 dumb shows
  • The Worst tv series i ever seen

1.1
    The New Season Is Awful. House continues to be one of the Worst dramas ever on TV.
    The writers have notched the tension up to the screaming point, which they probably think is a good thing. There's a mantra among writers these days that Conflict is Everything. No conflict, no story. Oh yeah? There are such things as comedy, love, friendship and affection, but you won't find any of those elements ever portrayed in this season of House. Instead what you will find is hostility, hatred masquerading as wit, shouting, screaming, insults. The writers have run out of ideas. They don't know what to do with their characters. House cannot love anybody and cannot grow. There's no love interest. House remains a narrow, caustic nerd unable to show any affection for anyone. I find him to be a pathetic waste of space. Therefore, in their creative desperation, the writers choose to bring in sideshows. You have freaks brought in to be cured by the misanthropic genius. First the dwarf... then the Gypsy... and then I picked the DVDs up and threw them all in the garbage can. I did not enjoy this portrayal of sado-masochistic relationships, and in my judgment, not many other people will, either. This show is doomed, and I doubt there will be many more seasons. The writers have run out of gas. This happened with "Six Feet Under" after season two as well.
  • Dr House

1.5
    House is a brilliant doctor with a knack for figuring out what is wrong with a patient who other doctors have either given up on or pronounce well. He uses his "team' to help him figure out the symptoms and what they mean, BUT he treats his team as if they were dirt and never ceases to put them down.

He is a non caring drug addict who not only uses prescription drugs but also snorts cocaine when he thinks he needs it.

He not only has a lousy bedside manner but shows and feels no kindness to patients or his fellow doctors.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10