House

FOX (ended 2012)

Gislef

House Fan Reviews page 53 of 53

• This is probably on of the best medical shows I have ever wathched!! It's dramatic, funny, and interesting. You also get involved in the characters lives.

I absolutely love House. The characters are amazing and have their own distinct personalities and characteristics which make the show so great. My all time favourite episode was the one before the season finale-just the layout of the stories was fantastic, and you finally found out more about the mysterious Dr. House. The show can be really suspensful at times, but not as bad as some other medical shows which go over the top in drama. House has a great balance of humour, emotion, and drama. It looks at the characters through the way they interact with their patients and they way they react. I can not say enough good things about this show...it is simply astounding.
  • Yeah, I never liked these E.R Medical shows.. until House came onlong.

Well don't get me wrong, the show Scrubs has some pretty good content. You also got the A-hole doctors making insults every 4 mintues.. But house brings this to a new level. It is kind of like CSI but the idea is for the living. Without Dr. House, this show would be another mundane show that FOX tried to shove down our necks. (FOX has lots of lame shows). You may need to force yourself to watch it, but once you do you will be hooked.
  • A little formulaic but well worth watching.

Although at times this is a little formulaic (patient comes in with unknown illness, House and team start treatment, patient almost dies, try a different treatment, patient still not better, find right treatment, rinse, repeat) there is a lot more here away from the "central" story line to keep you interested. In fact the treatment side of the show really isn't the main story line/attraction

Being use to Hugh Laurie more as a comedy actor (A Little Fry and Laurie, Black Adder) this is a completely different side to his career, and he eases into the gruff/moody role with ease. There is some comic genius on display here (some of the throw away lines are delivered as only a true comic can, and the General Hospital addiction is amusing).

Better than the older ER episodes and destined to become a classic if it isn't already.

• House is already a classic in my mind. I will watch this show all the time when it hits syndication or DVD. The best show of this season.

Top notch acting, writing and directing.
    The only new show I watch.
    Hugh Laurie is an excellent actor handling
    a complex character. The supporting actors are
    superb as well. The introduction of
    House\' former love gave us some much needed
    background on his character.
    I can\'t wait until fall to find out what
    happens next to our cranky Doctor and his
    merry band of Diagnosticians.
  • House is good because the story is interesting and each time the story is different. He proves to people he is only human and not a very nice one to be exact. He is not a trusting man but he is trustworthy. And, he speaks his mind.

This man is rude, mean, truthful, not unreal. He knows the medical field inside and out. And he tries to pull out all the stops when it comes to finding cures for the ailing people. I like the storylines in this show. Nothing has been overdone, or underdone. It is unique.
  • I adore this man.

If only more shows were like 'House'. Then I could be content going about my business in the knowledge that television did not suck as much as it used to. Unfortunatly this is not the case, with the exception of the cranky yet charming Dr. House. I really enjoyed the interplay of the characters in this episode & I also like the fact that more of House's past is somewhat explained. I just hope that they don't reveal too much at once.
  • its bout doctors who hav patiences w/ unusual cases.

this show is good. it has exciting cases and thrilling scences.house is funny (sometimes) too. the only reason i didnt put a 10 on this show is because im not as passionate about it as other shows, and it has blood and organs and stuff that freak me out.
  • I love this show, pure and simple !

As a Brit, I've grown up watching Hugh Laurie play stereotypical english characters in Blackadder and in his comedy partnership with Stephen Fry, so it's slightly disconcerting to hear him with an american accent !

The show is incredibly well written with great humour - whoever said "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" hasn't met Dr Gregory House.
  • good, strong start

just seen the first episode in the uk, and really enjoyed it. Hugh Lawrie is gr8 and the main guy, funny and at the same time serious.

looking forward to Thursday now to see the next episode. all the signs are there that this could be a cracking series.

lets hope it stays on track!
  • The show grows on you. At first I thought it was nothing special until I got into the characters.

This new show, in my opinion, is a breath of fresh air. It seamlessly blends drama, comedy, and science all into one.

When I first started watching this show, I didn't find anything especially ground breaking about it. Honestly it came off as repetitive in the beginning of the series; person falls ill, team of doctors must find out whats wrong, their first assumption is inaccurate, doctor pushes for the absurd idea, absurd idea cures patient. Rinse, repeat.

However, like all great shows, the characters become the integral hook that keeps you coming back for more. We suddenly start to realize why Dr. House comes off as an "arrogant, self-centred asshole". We see the interactions between the team of doctors and how it can effect their work. Emotions fly, but that must be seperated from curing the patient.

The show works because it can easily move from making you feel as if you're almost about to cry to laughing out loud in seconds.
  • plain awsome

house is an awsome show it has one of the most awsome characters ive seen in a show and each episode is fun to watch and its actually funny and not all serious and its very smart each episode feels like a movie done right and a very addictive show
  • This is the only show I watch religiously. I finally have a reason to use my DVR unit.

I caught this shows first episode and have seen every one since then. Hugh Laurie is great as House M.D., and you'd never know he was a Brit from his performance on the show. Not a hint of his native accent is apparent. The writing is fresh, and suprising, and unpredictable. All the things that make for great TV. And I agree whole-heartedly with another reviewer; it is a great show for those of us who like Medical Mysteries/Dramas but are too depressed by ER.

The supporting cast is equally brilliant and imminently watchable.

This show manages to range from comedy, drama, and thriller while infusing it all with a good dose of irreverence and political incorrectness that is refreshing in todays world of sterile, homogenized TV writing.

I just hope it catches on like a brushfire, because shows this good don't usually stay around very long.

I applaud FOX on this one!

HOUSE is a winner!
  • House faces on the eccentric doctor Gregory House and his life with three neurologists at a New Jersey hospital. Their daily cases usually deal with brain and cancer incidents, though some are exceptions. Recently, personal lives have become an important

House faces on Dr. Gregory House, an eccentric, cane-baring doctor whose past reflects his acts. He works with three neurologists: Dr. Cameron, Dr. Chase, and Dr. Foreman. It also faces on his boss, Dr. Lisa Cuddy and the only friend who actually stands by him, Dr. John Wilson.

House is very eccentric, and despite his attitude, turns out to solve most of the mysterious medical mysteries that surround his hospital. In recent episodes, they have turned personal. For example, House's ex comes to ask for help near the season finale & House and another House-cast member even try a relationship. But, everything is great.

The great thing about this show is it is not an ER/Chicago Hope rip-off. It has ER elements such as the whole medical cases and such, yet it has the personal elements of Grey's Anatomy. That is what makes it so brilliant. Of course, I wouldn't of watched it if it didn't follow American Idol, but there's always a first time.
  • Keep the show coming...too many silly reality shows on these days..need more serious dramas that keep you thinking and interested. Keep Dr. House involved with his co-workers, and ex-wife to give the show more personality...not just another medical show.

I love Dr. House...definately a man with a mind of his own...very original and to the point. Good idea to bring wife into the picture for more interaction within the players. Also like the idea of hard to diagnose illnesses...keeps you on the edge to find out what the problem is.
  • This show is about a team of 4 doctors, who save people's lives when other doctors can't figure out why they cannot do the same job. With original and sarcastic humor, plus cutting-edge drama, this show will sends a message of how real and how funny the r

This show is on my all time favorites list. I will probably end up getting all the DVDs then showing this show to my kids when they are my age. I have never been so attatched to a show that I am this one. It is hilarious, Dr. House is amazingly sexy (wink) and it also keeps me at the age of my seat whenever I watch it, and that just keeps me wanting to watch this amazing drama.
  • Love this gang!

This show is awesome! Can't get enough of House and his team! The season finale set me over the edge, and I can't wait for Sela Ward to join the staff full time! Once she does, it will become an even BETTER show. This is a case of a show that takes great stories and has matched them with good actors, relatively unknown ones, that have great synergy.
  • House is the answer for those of us who are interested in medical shows, but find E.R. too depressing.

I fell into the House trap after being led into the show by American Idol. I assumed it was an E.R. clone, but the show caught me a little off-guard; not only was it not depressing, it was centered around a misanthropic cripple. The premise is interesting enough--each episode centers around a single medical mystery, with some romance and comedy thrown in for filler--but what makes the show entertaining is the interactions between the main character and... and pretty much everyone else. No matter who they are or what the situation is, House says all the things you wish you could say--and he gets away with it because he's a medical genius. There is a softer side to the doctor, but I for one hope the writers of the show keep it covered up as long as possible. Uninhibited, crabby, insulting, blunt far beyond the point of rudeness, Dr. House is a uniquely entertaining character on a great new show.
  • This show is my jam!

The first thing I noticed about 'House' was the incredibly cheesy and outdated Massive Attack song that accompanies the opening credits. Susie (my ever-present TV viewing companion) and I sing along with gusto. The second thing I noticed was the fact that I'd been watching the show each Tuesday evening for 3 weeks, and that I had become accidentally addicted.
    'House' is a pretty good show. It doesn't have the heart-dropping intensity that 'ER' boasted in its glory days, but I like the mysterious conditions that are showcased in each episode. I am generally fascinated by medical anomalies, so I'm glad to learn about a new one each week. I also fall for everything the writers want me to. I am supposed to be attracted to the gruff, sarcastic Dr. House, and I can't deny that I am. I should want him to sleep with the cute young Dr. Cameron, and I can't wait for that magical night to arrive. I root for the interns, hate on the oppressors, and sympathize with the patients. It works.
    My gross and loveable friend Petey (scabs, tattoos, questionable hygiene and all) brought up 'House' the last time I ran into him at a concert. Petey admitted that he absolutely loves the show, and we spent a good 20 minutes standing on the sidewalk and discussing its virtues. Then we went inside to hear DMBQ, a really great psych-rock freakout band from Japan. Look them up.
USA